I just upgraded from Z10 to a Z30. My girlfriend also has a Z10. Before I upgraded there were no problems if I sent her a picture, but since my upgrade she cant see them. They just show as blank. My Z30 shows the picture as sent though. She is still receiving pictures from other people though.

Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.
    12-11-13 12:09 PM
    Gonna need a bit more information to help out:
    Assuming this is over BBM, can you send pictures to other people? Also, can you view the pictures on you own phone in file manager?
    Additionally, what do you mean by "blank"? Does it show on her BBM that you've sent a picture or does it just not show up at all?
    12-11-13 12:13 PM
    Sorry. Yes is via BBM. Both have latest official update for our devices and for bbm.
    I can view the pictures. And when I am in BBM and try to open the "sent picture" I can open it on my Z30.
    I asked her to send me a screen shot but she says "there is no pic. nothing there". Only started when I bought the Z30.
    12-11-13 12:24 PM
    So have you tried sending a picture to someone else over BBM? Because that's strange nothing showed up on her end.
    Do you have the blue D vs just a grey check mark? Maybe try sending the picture again.
    12-11-13 12:26 PM
    Looks like may be my end. Tried sending pics to other BBM contacts. They said not working either.
    Here is a pic of what shows up on the other end ....
    HELP: Z10 cant view pics from Z30-screenshot.jpg

If 'press' on where the picture should be nothing happens. If press on the words nothing happens.

edit: a little testing shows that can not send any pics taken with camera on the Z30. But CAN send pics that were downloaded and saved on my device. Can not send pics that were taken with camera and saved on device or send directly from the camera.
    12-11-13 01:11 PM
    Okay that's really quite strange. Are you running the 1055 leak on your phone? Because for some reason, your camera isn't taking pictures BBM can send.
    Are the photos being saved to a microSD card or to your phone? And can you view them from the picture viewer?
    12-11-13 01:28 PM
    How about print screens?

You may wish to have her remove your BBM contact and add it back to see if that makes any difference.

Have you tried different settings in the camera? Have you tried sending from File Manager? Have you tried another file type like a song?
    12-11-13 01:38 PM
    I'm running latest official OS (10.2.0.1803). Yes pics are saved to media card. It was formatted by the Z10. Maybe should try formatting it using Z30 ? When I go to Pictures app the pic appears for brief second and then disappears. But I can view downloaded pics, and pics pppl send me, fine. This is weird. Must be something with the photo format ?
    12-11-13 01:41 PM
    both the picture app and file manager app show thumbnails of the pictures but when try to open them I get a black screen.
    Last edited by CDM76; 12-11-13 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    12-11-13 01:47 PM
    If you save them to the device storage instead of the media storage, does that make any difference? You can change that in camera settings.
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-11-13 01:51 PM
    My suggestion is IMMEDIATELY back up your SD files and don't mess around anymore.
    Here's the thread I started with a problem I had sounding similar to yours. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-880040/
    The reason you cannot send pictures from your camera over BBM because the applications uses your file location to send a compressed image over network. If you cannot view the pictures on your phone, no one will be able to.
    You will see someone posted a thing that is all about formatting an SDXC card to FAT32 not exFAT or NTFS, so backup, format to FAT32 and try again. It should work after you do that.
    Last edited by theblob; 12-11-13 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Added info
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-11-13 02:00 PM
    Yes !!! Looks like saving to device fixed the problem. So somethign is wrong with my media card ? Going to try re-formatting it. Was last formatted on my Z10 and never have problem with it. But this fixed it. THANKS !

Suggestions as to what caused this issue ?
    12-11-13 02:07 PM
    Yes !!! Looks like saving to device fixed the problem. So somethign is wrong with my media card ? Going to try re-formatting it. Was last formatted on my Z10 and never have problem with it. But this fixed it. THANKS !

Suggestions as to what caused this issue ?
    Honestly, I wish I knew. The only theory I'm going on is the way the Z30 handles SD card file formats (doesn't like anything but FAT32). Do you know what the format of your SD card was originally?
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-11-13 02:13 PM
    You will see someone posted a thing that is all about formatting an SDXC card to FAT32 not exFAT or NTFS, so backup, format to FAT32 and try again. It should work after you do that.
    Thanks, but in the link you supplied you commented that you formatted to exFAT and works now ?
    12-11-13 02:34 PM
    My bad. Formatted to FAT32 and works again !!!
    Thanks guys MUCH appreciated.
    12-11-13 02:40 PM
    So it's been about a week and my card stopped working again. Time to go buy one that works "out of the box". What's a good one that will work right off the shelf?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 03:44 PM