Yes I know this isn't the right forum for this, but I have a z30 with no email issues...my wife has a blackberry CURVE on US CELLULAR, in NH-USA, around noon time est. she wasn't getting emails anymore, and was unable to send, got the "red x".....tried rebooting, battery pulls etc., she was on the phone with her cell provider and our internet provider and they are pointing fingers to each other...MY QUESTION IS THIS> when she arrived home, a few minutes ago, I took her phone and sent an email to my phone....it went thru! I replied, but still nothing on her end. So I tried again on her phone and got the 'red x', so is this a blackberry server issue??? Again I sent a email and it checked off that it was sent and I got it...by we have tried few more and nothing.......Thoughts????? by the way, we have not touched email setting etc. Thanks
    02-04-14 05:56 PM
    Probably a BIS or BES issue, depending on which network she is using.

Posted via CB10
    xhead75 likes this.
    02-04-14 06:00 PM
    What kind of email account is it? Is it a work domain or ISP domain or something like Gmail or hotmail?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 06:20 PM
    email for home is thru fairpoint....update> at 630pm est, 5 emails came thru...however she is still unable to send an email from her phone, however, I was able to send from her phone at 530pm est, that was the last one
    02-04-14 07:47 PM
    email for home is thru fairpoint....update> at 630pm est, 5 emails came thru...however she is still unable to send an email from her phone, however, I was able to send from her phone at 530pm est, that was the last one
    Do they have some kind of Web mail site you can test on? For example http://webmail.fairpoint.com or whatever? If you can send on that, you can at least rule out the account / mail server from the equation. That would leave BIS.

Alternatively, If you want to rule out BIS first, try setting up her email on a BB10 phone. If that works, and you're both with the same carrier, I believe that would be enough to say BIS is the issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 08:09 PM
    well I just able to send another email from her phone and it went thru!, she also got 3 older emails from an hour ago from others....so I say it coming back slowwwwww, maybe the servers are getting back up and running???? Thank you all a head of time!
    02-04-14 08:19 PM