Dear All,

I got a Z30 today. Before that I was an Android user.

Before the point of buying, I was following the last two months' posts, and I was noticing that the process of side loading APK files is getting easier and easier. However, I am pretty disappointed now!
    Once I switched the device on , it claimed a new update is available, I downloaded and installed the latest update of 10.2.0.429
    The Problem is:
    I can not download the APK directly on the device through Snap (I press open downloader) and it stops responding. or through tapping the application directly, it says (can not open the file).

Is that because of the OS update? I need to know how can I download APK files on the device pls.

Hope some help, folks!
    Thx a lot .
    01-15-14 10:12 AM
    Welcome to the BB family. Getting a Z30 is a real dream of mine.

I believe you will need to install 10.2.1.1925 (the latest leak) for APK direct loading. Otherwise sideloading works.

Leaked OS 10.2.1.1925 for the BlackBerry Z30 and BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com
    ksayeds likes this.
    01-15-14 10:20 AM
    You need a leak software of 10.2.1.xx. that will allow snap to install and download apk files.

Posted via CB10
    ksayeds likes this.
    01-15-14 10:21 AM
    You might have to reload/reinstall your os. If the android runtime got corrupted, that's your best chance at gtting it to work again. Mind if I ask what update?
    ksayeds likes this.
    Welcome to CrackBerry! http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ll-q-z-887047/ please go to this link, and download the OS, ensure you have BlackBerry Link installed for drivers purposes.
    ksayeds likes this.
    I've been sideloading to my PlayBook for two years, so it's not a big deal to me. There are a few tools to do it, but for the last year I've been using the Chrome browser extension BB10/PlayBook App Manager. I have my router assign my PlayBook and my Z30 static WiFi IP addresses, and I just saved the two addresses into the extension. I sideload apps all the time over WiFi, so my PlayBook is usually sitting in it's dock on my night table while it's getting things loaded on.

Having said that, now that I have the Z30, I went two weeks running the provider (Rogers) approved OS 10.2.0 just so I could see how the phone was supposed to behave. Now I have loaded the leaked 10.2.1.1925 and then after that updated to radio to 10.2.1.1926. Loading the leak was stupid easy, although I lost my Android side loaded apps and had to re-install them. After that, you just sideload the Android search store of your choice ( I use Snap and Aptoid) and start installing your apps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ll-q-z-887047/

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-4-z30-891107/

http://redlightoflove.com/ota/Snap-latest.bar
    Last edited by tekware; 01-15-14 at 01:21 PM.
    01-15-14 01:06 PM
    sure, this is the update number that caused me the error ; 10.2.0.429

regards,
    01-16-14 07:58 AM
    Hey Guys,
    WoW WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    I downloaded the Legend Update, and it worked pretty fine. I could not believe things are that easy.

The only issue I have is that SNAP can not install on the phone!

I have an inquiry though - as I am new to this-;
    what is a leak? is it official? or will be official soon? is there any risk on my personal data?

Thank you all very VERY much for help.
    01-16-14 08:17 AM
    Hey Guys,
    WoW WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    I downloaded the Legend Update, and it worked pretty fine. I could not believe things are that easy.

The only issue I have is that SNAP can not install on the phone!

I have an inquiry though - as I am new to this-;
    what is a leak? is it official? or will be official soon? is there any risk on my personal data?

Thank you all very VERY much for help.

* leaks are unofficial releases of the os. They are perfectly safe, just maybe a bit buggy. 10.2.1.1925 is the most stable leak I've had- close enough to be considered an official release and there is no way of putting personal data at risk- JUST make sure you perform a backup BEFORE installing as leaks do a fresh install.

*to side load SNAP (it's a BAR file- they require a special 'sideloading' method) you need a computer with a program that side loads apps. My favorite is the Google Chrome method- basically like an extension for chrome.
    - install the chrome side loader (I forget the name- just Google it)
    - on your phone: settings-> security and privacy -> development mode-> switch 'on' and take note of the password you selected. Also, write down the ip address of the development mode.
    - back to computer... connect device to computer, enter any device passwords that pop up, close BlackBerry Link, open up chrome side loader. Log in (ip address, password) and find the bar file you downloaded. Just drag the BAR file into the browser and it should start installing by itself.
    - done!

Now that you've got SNAP installed, login to a Gmail account in the app, find an app, and download. Snap downloads APK files and installs those. 10.2.1.1925 allows you to install APK files only. If you have any on your phone, just go to the file browser, find the APK, and click on it to install.

Swiped with my Zulu-3CHO-0MEGA
    01-16-14 08:33 AM
    Ok got it.
    Thank you ram4life for the detailed answer.
    Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    anon(4201258) likes this.
    01-17-14 10:56 AM
    Need a double check on the following

Received yesterday my Verizon Z30 (STA100-3) with OS 10.2.0.1233 and when I download an apk and tap to install it I receive the error "Unable to open appname.apk". On the Verizon forums folks are stating they can install apk files directly and it is not clear they have a newer version of OS then mine. What I have noticed on other posts is a recommendation to check application permissions as follows: "Settings>App Manager>Installing Apps> Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed>Yes". This is utterly missing on my Z30, or I cannot find it as it is not on the screen following the path above.

Is that setting not part of that build?

On my AT&T Z10 I have been able to side load APK files converted to BAR files and they worked fine. So I tried to side load the APK files the same way I did on my Z10 and that fails as well. Next I shall try a BAR file will post the result.
    02-15-14 10:32 AM
    Need a double check on the following

Received yesterday my Verizon Z30 (STA100-3) with OS 10.2.0.1233 and when I download an apk and tap to install it I receive the error "Unable to open appname.apk". On the Verizon forums folks are stating they can install apk files directly and it is not clear they have a newer version of OS then mine. What I have noticed on other posts is a recommendation to check application permissions as follows: "Settings>App Manager>Installing Apps> Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed>Yes". This is utterly missing on my Z30, or I cannot find it as it is not on the screen following the path above.

Is that setting not part of that build?

On my AT&T Z10 I have been able to side load APK files converted to BAR files and they worked fine. So I tried to side load the APK files the same way I did on my Z10 and that fails as well. Next I shall try a BAR file will post the result.
    You will need to download the 10.2.1.1925 leak to get the ability to load APK directly.

Tapped and flicked from my BlackBerry Z30!
    02-15-14 10:52 AM