Hello,

As a new owner/user of the Z30 I'm trying to set up my phone and am concerned about the disturbing battery drain I'm noticing, even overnight as the phone is idle.

Here's what I've done thus far to mitigate battery drainage. I would really appreciate experienced eyes looking at this list and advising what's missing and what I've done that isn't useful. Thanks in advance!

1. Display brightness turned all the way down.
    2. Allow gestures when locked turned OFF.
    3. LED off everywhere I found it.
    4. BBP is turned ON.
    5. Location is turned ON (for BBP).
    6. Traffic data collection turned OFF.
    7. Location based ads turned OFF.
    8. Diagnostic turned OFF.
    9. Set date and time automatically turned OFF.
    10. BBLink turned OFF.

No leaks installed, original wallpaper, running BBOS 10.2.0.226.
    01-18-14 01:04 PM
    I need to know what apps you have. Skype and Google talk like to eat battery (Skype is the worse). I keep location data turned off on my phone (I don't like my phone being tracked all the time) and features while locked.

On top of what apps you have it would also helpful to know how many BBM contacts you have and how many groups you have. And what apps do you have running?

Edit: Oh I just reread your post and noticed you said new owner. How new? BlackBerry 10 needs a couple days to sync all data and optimize all the data in the phone. So the third day will start showing better battery.

I'm running 10.2.1.1925 and don't leave any apps running and no gtalk or Skype connected. My phone loses maybe 2 percent over 7 hours on wifi while idling the whole time.
    Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 01:09 PM
    Z30 should last you a day without charging. EBay is another battery drainer.
    If you just got it, install the 10.2.1.1925 leak- battery performance is much better.
    Also along with the poster above, the phone takes about a day to fully sync with your accounts, let it do its thing and over night it'll be fine.

Edit: there's no need to turn all those things down like brightness, location, etc.. your Z30 should give you superior battery life with all those things on

Swiped with my Zulu-3CHO-0MEGA
    01-18-14 01:20 PM
    If he is getting very poor battery life he has an app running that's constantly transferring data or he has his email accounts syncing every 10 minutes or something. If I lightly use my device I get almost 2 days out of it.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 01:48 PM
    Hello,

As a new owner/user of the Z30 I'm trying to set up my phone and am concerned about the disturbing battery drain I'm noticing, even overnight as the phone is idle.

No leaks installed, original wallpaper, running BBOS 10.2.0.226.
    As [you] a new Z30 owner an official update on registration should bring you to 10.2.0 .429. Try the update path first. If that doesn't work take the phone back to the vendor right away for a new one.

I have a new out of the box Z30 that automatically updated to .429 and have fantastic battery life as 99% of Z30 owners are reporting.

Ditto @ ram4life comments in his edit.
    01-18-14 01:56 PM
    I need to know what apps you have. Skype and Google talk like to eat battery (Skype is the worse). I keep location data turned off on my phone (I don't like my phone being tracked all the time) and features while locked.

No Google or Skype.

On top of what apps you have it would also helpful to know how many BBM contacts you have and how many groups you have. And what apps do you have running?

The BBW apps I installed thus far are a HP 12C calculator, Device Switch, and a Color app. Permissions were all denied for the first and third. I am very careful to never leave apps running.
    No BBM contacts yet.

Edit: Oh I just reread your post and noticed you said new owner. How new? BlackBerry 10 needs a couple days to sync all data and optimize all the data in the phone. So the third day will start showing better battery.

Today is the second day after activation.

I'm running 10.2.1.1925 and don't leave any apps running and no gtalk or Skype connected. My phone loses maybe 2 percent over 7 hours on wifi while idling the whole time.
    Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your input.
    01-18-14 02:04 PM
    If he is getting very poor battery life he has an app running that's constantly transferring data or he has his email accounts syncing every 10 minutes or something. If I lightly use my device I get almost 2 days out of it.

Posted via CB10
    No open app of which I'm aware. Oh, no email set up yet either.

Thanks for your input.
    01-18-14 02:05 PM
    As [you] a new Z30 owner an official update on registration should bring you to 10.2.0 .429. Try the update path first. If that doesn't work take the phone back to the vendor right away for a new one.

I have a new out of the box Z30 that automatically updated to .429 and have fantastic battery life as 99% of Z30 owners are reporting.

Ditto @ ram4life comments in his edit.
    That's interesting because I checked, via the phone, for updates, and the check told me my software was up to date. ???

Thanks for your input.
    01-18-14 02:07 PM
    You should really update your phone via a leaked os you would be be greatly surprised. If you do load the 1925 leak it is really good all around. I think you would fall in love with your phone.

Posted with the almighty Z30 using 10.2.1.1925 and the 1926 radio looking for a bird to BBQ
    01-18-14 02:11 PM
    I'm replying to myself. Lol

Since my phone didn't update automatically and the software update check feature on my phone claims my software us up to date, could it be that the Z30 phones have different chips in them depending on carrier, i.e., mine from VZW?
    01-18-14 02:35 PM
    Yes

Posted with the almighty Z30 using 10.2.1.1925 and the 1926 radio looking for a bird to BBQ
    01-18-14 02:41 PM
    US carriers are late in the updates... official 10.2.1.xxxx is said to release soon. But Verizon probably won't get it until a month later

Swiped with my Zulu-3CHO-0MEGA
    01-18-14 03:13 PM
    So no Skype or Google talk connected (they can run in the background. You have to open them and select sign out. Especially if you have it set to automatically connect) and connected to wifi at home? I really recommend of 1925. Just download the leak. It's going to take half the year for verizon to update.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 05:36 AM
    The 1925 leak is a must until the official one comes out. I consider myself a powerful user and now I don't have to recharge until I go to bed at 12am 90% of the time.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:45 AM
    That's interesting because I checked, via the phone, for updates, and the check told me my software was up to date. ???

Thanks for your input.
    Interesting indeed. As soon as I was set up and on wifi, the phone prompted me right away.
    01-19-14 06:57 PM