Good morning, guys!

I need a bit of help. Some days ago, I opened the back cover to get my memory card and this piece fell off the phone. I tried to google it but could not find any match or indication of what this is. I even tried using the image search with this picture, but to no results...

At first I thought it was the speaker, but even without it, the sound comes from the phone and the power button works. Tried to force it in place, hoping to hear a "click"and get it stuck there, but nothing.

Hopefully one of you will be able to tell me what is that and how important it is...

Thanks to all of you in advance.

HELP! This piece fell off my Z30!!!-20161027_135142.jpg
    10-27-16 11:07 AM
    I just checked the back of my Z30 and I can definitely say that, that piece should go right above the location of your sim card. I hope that helps.

�σя Gσ∂ ѕσ ℓσνє∂ тнє ωσяℓ∂, тнαт нє gανє нιѕ σηℓу вєgσттєη ѕση, тнαт ωнσѕσєνєя вєℓιєνєтн ιη нιм ѕнσυℓ∂ ησт ρєяιѕн, вυт нανє єνєяℓαѕтιηg ℓι�є. נσнη 3:16
    Aztronauta likes this.
    10-27-16 12:36 PM
    I wish I could tell you what it it. To me it looks like an antenna of some sort. Regardless, put some adhesive on the portions that were origionally used to attach it to the mid-frame, hold it in place until it cures/sets and call it good.
    Aztronauta likes this.
    10-27-16 02:58 PM
    See if your WiFi still works.
    Aztronauta likes this.
    10-27-16 05:10 PM
    Thanks to all of you for your quick replies.

I just checked the back of my Z30 and I can definitely say that, that piece should go right above the location of your sim card. I hope that helps.
    Unfortunatly, that I knew already. First thing I did when I saw that a piece had pop out was to try and find the correct place it should be inserted.

I wish I could tell you what it it. To me it looks like an antenna of some sort. Regardless, put some adhesive on the portions that were origionally used to attach it to the mid-frame, hold it in place until it cures/sets and call it good.
    It looks like this could be my only course of action here. Will try to attach it to the headphone jack housing and hope nothing else breaks apart.

See if your WiFi still works.
    WiFi still works normally. I'm having some troubles with bluetooth, but I think this has more to do with my new MacBook than with this piece falling off. Don't really remember if the problem with bluetooth happened before I saw it was broken or not and I don't have another computer available at the moment to check it against...
    By the way, someone knows the position of the bluetooth or NFC antenna on the Z30???
    10-28-16 07:56 AM
    same thing happened to me when i dropped my Z30 a couple of times, but just put it back in place (on top of the SIM slot)... and everything seemed to be fine.
    10-28-16 03:30 PM
    It really looks like the top rear facing speaker to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 02:19 PM
    It really looks like the top rear facing speaker to me.

Posted via CB10
    Correct its the top rear speaker and it at also contains some sort of antenna for Mobile network.
    Mine rear top speaker stopped working so I changed it with new one using double sided adhesive tape I fixed it.

BlackBerry Z30
    11-01-16 02:31 AM
    It looks like a great excuse to buy a new phone.
    11-01-16 04:10 AM
    Or a new mid frame housing which brand new ones sell for 7-20 dollars

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 01:09 PM