Hi there,
    I'm located in Canada and in a hurry to get the new Z30 I purchased one through eBay. It now appears to be totally completely bricked. It flashes 1 red flash and then 3 subsequent flashes. I tried everything to restore it - complete discharge, holding down buttons in all sequences and timings in conjunction with BB Link and the latest link. I'm fairly convinced that the bootrom is inaccessible at this point. I wasn't doing anything when this transpired - it seemed to have what I could only describe as a memory leak (images were missing and it looked like things were not rendering correctly). I rebooted the phone and it just never came back - started the red sequence right away.

Does anyone know what I should do - since buying off of eBay I cannot go to my carrier or original place of purchase. Is there any recourse?
    Thanks for any advice you can provide,
    Best,
    M
    01-04-14 01:21 AM
    Do you try it with the Blackberry Website "autoloader" ? Or to load a leak ?
    01-04-14 01:26 AM
    Risk of buying on ebay

Kah
    01-04-14 01:28 AM
    I tried with Blackberry Link restore and also the leak

Do you try it with the Blackberry Website "autoloader" ? Or to load a leak ?
    01-04-14 01:31 AM
    Thanks....never had a problem in the past - bought an iPhone 4 on eBay years back -- they honoured the warranty. Guess I was hoping the same from 'berry? Am I wrong to assume I can get help from anywhere?

Risk of buying on ebay

Kah
    01-04-14 01:32 AM
    Was it working when you received it? If not, you should as a 1st step contact the seller through ebay (to have an official record). Depending on the outcome, you may have to lodge a claim with paypal or ebay. I'm not up to date with ebay and paypal rules but you'll need to read them asap in case you fall outside the claim period. Good luck!

Edit:- Should you need to send back the Z30 to the seller, ensure that it is registered with acknowledgement of receipt. Also, depending on how it was paid, you might be able to claim back from your bank/credit card issuer. Good luck again!
    01-04-14 01:34 AM
    Oh it's been working beautifully for 3 months - then this! No sign of any problems at all. Very odd.

Was it working when you received it? If not, you should as a 1st step contact the seller through ebay (to have an official record). Depending on the outcome, you may have to lodge a claim with paypal or ebay. I'm not up to date with ebay and paypal rules but you'll need to read them asap in case you fall outside the claim period. Good luck!
    01-04-14 01:37 AM
    Quick question: when you connect the Z30 to the PC via Link, is the phone recognized? At this point if the phone is recognized, via Link attempt to do a restore to factory settings. If the phone is not recognized, I would download an appropriate autoloader of the latest leak, shut down Link, remove the phone from USB and start autoloader. Then connect the phone to USB and wait to see if it flashes the new ROM.
    Edit: the latest leak if you opt to try that route: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=887047

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 01:39 AM
    Thanks for the reply!

It's odd, sometimes it very very briefly connects and asks for the password - but most of the time it cannot connect. I've tried reloading with BB Link on both a Mac and PC. I was hoping when the battery was completely discharged it might come back to life but it looks like that's not going to be the case.

I've tried the latest leak with the phone completely unplugged. Unfortunately no go yet - going to keep trying

Quick question: when you connect the Z30 to the PC via Link, is the phone recognized? At this point if the phone is recognized, via Link attempt to do a restore to factory settings. If the phone is not recognized, I would download an appropriate autoloader of the latest leak, shut down Link, remove the phone from USB and start autoloader. Then connect the phone to USB and wait to see if it flashes the new ROM.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 01:45 AM
    I had a similar thing with my Playbook... the same flashing... leave it over night charging... then restart it again... it might be a complete empty battery, with too litle power to even start!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    01-04-14 01:53 AM
    Have you removed your SD card and your Sim and tried a different USB port on your PC? Worth a try.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 02:00 AM
    Have you tried a different USB port? If yes and still not connecting, you can try to remove every BlackBerry application from your PC, then use CCleaner (Cleaner and Registry functions) and reboot the PC. Ensure your PC operating system is up to date. Then install the latest Blackberry Link. I've noticed that sometimes when the PC is not recognizing the device I've to slightly jiggle the USB connection.
    m1kr0 likes this.
    01-04-14 02:05 AM
    I've had that with my Playbook as well! This seems different since it was about 80% charged when it happened initially. But definitely a great thought!! I constantly have to go back to my 2amp charger for my Playbook because the battery is too low to boot, this, unfortunately seems like something else .

I had a similar thing with my Playbook... the same flashing... leave it over night charging... then restart it again... it might be a complete empty battery, with too litle power to even start!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    01-04-14 02:21 AM
    Yep, tried two distinct machines with two cables and tried moving ports too. The phone has no SD and SIM now as I've switched to another phone.

Have you removed your SD card and your Sim and tried a different USB port on your PC? Worth a try.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 02:22 AM
    Tried 2 PCs and a Mac so far - no dice along with different cables and ports....she's dead Jim methinks
    Have you tried a different USB port? If yes and still not connecting, you can try to remove every BlackBerry application from your PC, then use CCleaner (Cleaner and Registry functions) and reboot the PC. Ensure your PC operating system is up to date. Then install the latest Blackberry Link. I've noticed that sometimes when the PC is not recognizing the device I've to slightly jiggle the USB connection.
    01-04-14 02:23 AM
    Sad state of affairs. HW failure it is then. Ugh.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 02:55 AM
    You have nothing to lose by contacting BlackBerry and let them know the situation, it should still be under the one year manufacturer warranty. If after contacting BlackBerry you don't get a satisfactory answer write directly to the CEO.
    01-04-14 03:00 AM
    Can't you find the codes on BlackBerry their helppage?
    01-04-14 04:51 AM
    unplug the battery then run the autoloader when connecting to bootroom put the battery back

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 05:23 AM
    You have nothing to lose by contacting BlackBerry and let them know the situation, it should still be under the one year manufacturer warranty. If after contacting BlackBerry you don't get a satisfactory answer write directly to the CEO.
    If he is not the original owner then the warranty no longer extends to the device.
    The warranty extends to the original purchaser/owner

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 05:29 AM
    Agreed. Try contacting BlackBerry.
    01-04-14 05:29 AM
    unplug the battery then run the autoloader when connecting to bootroom put the battery back

Posted via CB10
    Its a Z30

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 06:13 AM
    I had this with BBs before. Usually due to a battery reading glitch. What I did was plug BB into wall charger for a full night. Removed all BB software from computer. Restart computer. Reload BB software, because you need the USB driver. Restart computer. Download latest leak for my device. (VERY IMPORTANT - - make sure you have the correct software for your hardware, loading the wrong or a damaged file leak will not help the situation.) Start the autoloader first, so it is waiting for a connection. Then, and only then connect device to computer through a known, working, direct USB port.

Let us know if you get it working.

As noted above BB support will typically not help if you did not buy from authorized retailer.
    01-04-14 06:37 AM
    Its a Z30

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    i know it's z30,still the battery is removable it's worth to try

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:38 AM
    i know it's z30,still the battery is removable it's worth to try

Posted via CB10

The battery is removeable as long as you remove the back, unscrew the internal case and unglue the battery.
    01-04-14 07:58 AM
29 12