My Z30 fell into water and i had to pick it up immediately, and switched it off. Since the battery is not removable i had to sun the phone a little, I tried to switch back on the phone, it showed me the battery sign being low, the phone was full before it fell into the water, now the phone only shows up the start up blackberry logo and the screen turns into line on my screen... Dont know what to do, Help Please
    02-04-14 08:38 AM
    Oh man, stick it in rice and leave it for a while, all day or a couple days if you can.

Posted via CB10
    Prince Onos likes this.
    02-04-14 08:40 AM
    My Z30 fell into water and i had to pick it up immediately, and switched it off. Since the battery is not removable i had to sun the phone a little, I tried to switch back on the phone, it showed me the battery sign being low, the phone was full before it fell into the water, now the phone only shows up the start up blackberry logo and the screen turns into line on my screen... Dont know what to do, Help Please
    At this point it's most likely ruined. You should never turn a phone that's gotten wet back on until you've left it sitting in white rice for several days. You can try that now, but more than likely it's ruined.
    Prince Onos likes this.
    02-04-14 08:41 AM
    You should've never switched it on... let it dry in rice or any dessicant. If all else fails, send it to your repair center.

Posted via CB10 | Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-04-14 08:51 AM
    Okay thanks, I just placed it in dry rice now and i will wait couple of days now am stuck with my 9930...
    02-04-14 08:54 AM
    Can of compressed air to blow out water and ziplock of rice for a day if possible.!
    02-04-14 09:04 AM
    Okay thanks, I just placed it in dry rice now and i will wait couple of days now am stuck with my 9930...
    Good thing you have a back up!
    Prince Onos likes this.
    02-04-14 09:04 AM
    Hair dryer on low heat? Worked for my kids computer

On my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    02-04-14 11:51 AM
    Whenever I service computer equipment that has become wet... I put it in Brown Rice and after 3 days take a hairdryer to any exposed port " HDMI.. headphone... microphone... etc....
    02-04-14 12:00 PM
    It's not the water itself that breaks the phone it's the water allowing current to run across different components and circuitry that is not supposed to happen that causes the problem.

If it's turned off and 100% dry then you won't have issues, but like most said fact you turned it on may have ruined it. I'd give it at least a few days in rice.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:39 PM
    I turned on my phone in the past before putting it in dry rice and after waiting for a day, it worked! Hope is still on your side...good luck and keep us posted!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:54 PM
    Some of the newer phones are now water resistant..... very cool feature that I think all OEM should included.

But I agree with dehdude, it isn't the water that will hurt the electronic components, it is the stray voltage that is going places that it shouldn't. Some components can handle this briefly and some will short out immediately.

I've always use the rice combine with gentle heat (no hotter than you can stand to hold your hand on comfortably) - in the sun or setting on a water heater or dryer. But there is a "definitive" thread here that kinda debunked the whole rice theory... you can do a search and see what esle they suggested - while letting your device rest in the rice.

Take you devie out regularly and try to shake any water out... with the non removable batter of the Z30 it might be hard to get all the water out.
    02-04-14 01:32 PM
    Next time don't stand at the stall with phone in hand!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 01:41 PM
    My wife did the same thing 3 weeks ago with her 5 day old Z30.

It acted the exact same way as yours. Had funky lines across the screen for 2 days. On the third day of being in rice, it was still only showing the battery symbol or the BlackBerry icon. What got it up and running again was to reinstall the OS with an auto loader. Worked perfectly.

You could also try BlackBerry Link, but only once your sure it is dry. Even thought it looks dead, like Miracle Max said, it's only Mostly dead.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 01:43 PM
    Thanks everyone for your contribution, if it works i will post it here.
    02-04-14 02:23 PM
    My wife put a z10 through the wash by accident. She came to tell me not to worry because she turned it on and the phone was buzzing. Needless to say after a couple of days in rice it is toast. Surprisingly the battery is still good.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 04:02 PM
    Many (and I stress MANY, meaning not ALL) digital devices today can suffer water submersion. Turning it back on shouldn't incur damage as there's normally not enough current to do damage to related components. As others have said, use the rice/desiccant treatment. As well... Find an appliance in your house that generates heat (stereo tuners are a good choice) and lay your device on top of that as well to evaporate any moisture.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-04-14 04:31 PM
    Take it apart and let dry if you have the tools, if you thinks to much for you get one of your tech buddies to do it for you.

I once had a BlackBerry Curve in my pocket swimming in Lake Erie (Great Lakes) for an hour. I brought it home and dismantled it and let it dry for a day. Put it back together and it worked just like new.

Zed30
    02-04-14 05:53 PM
    Don't forget to keep the rice open weather it's in a bag or bowl, so the moisture can escape. Most people overlook this.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 02-08-14 at 11:04 PM.
    02-04-14 08:45 PM
    Keep us posted.

Is your water sticker indicator in the headphone jack red?
    02-07-14 05:12 PM
    Just to keep you posted, I took my phone to a repairer and it works fine now, thanks for your contribution.

The only Z30 user in Ghana
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-17-14 10:08 AM
    Glad to hear that. Please keep it away from water.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:48 PM
    Just to keep you posted, I took my phone to a repairer and it works fine now, thanks for your contribution.

The only Z30 user in Ghana
    How much was it?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 02:35 PM
    After a week he told me I had to change the screen and it would cost me about $300, so I told him I was coming to collect my phone and I can't pay that amount of money, I called this morning that am coming to pick my phone and he said the phone it's now working, so cut it short I paid $40 for his service.

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    02-17-14 02:55 PM
    That sounds fishy. Magically it went from replacing a screen for big bucks to working without doing anything. Very fishy.
    You might want to take your phone elsewhere if you run into problems again.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 11:58 PM
29 12