I followed instructions in a previous thread regarding adding Google Calendar to the Gmail account on my Z30. The entries from my Google Calendar synced nicely with my phone's local calendar. However, is it supposed to be a two-way sync? I'd like the entries I create on my Z30 to show up on my Google Calendar. Is that possible? If it's not possible by simply adding the calendar function to the Gmail account on my phone, does anyone have any ideas on how to use Google Calendar as a backup for my phone's local calendar. I have had too many problems using BB Link to sync my phone's local calendar with Outlook, and I'm looking for an alternative, as I create most calendar entries on my phone and just need the syncing to Google Calendar as a backup.
    03-26-14 04:48 AM
    I use Google calendar on my phone as well. Tied to my work email. I don't know if It syncs events to the desktop, if that's what you're asking. I always use it on my phone. But if I write events on my desktop it appears on my phone. Thats what I care about. Someone who knows about the sync will tell us if its two way.
    03-26-14 05:47 AM
    Yes, it is a 2 way synchronization. At least on Z10 but on Z30 is probably the same.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    03-26-14 07:21 AM
    Yes, the G-Cal works just great, 2-way sync between device and server. Note that you should check that the sync interval suits your needs. If set to Manual, then nothing will happen. Check here: Settings > Accounts > (your account) > calendar. Scroll to the bottom and select your preferred sync interval from the drop-down. There is an incremental increase battery use as you reduce the sync interval.

Hope this helps.
    03-26-14 08:16 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I must be doing something wrong because the new entries on my phone don't appear on Google Calendar. When you create entries on your phone, are you inputting them in your phone's local calendar, or are you using the Google Calendar Android app?
    03-26-14 10:38 AM
    Works perfectly but you have to use Cal Dav. Lookup under stickies. Use the -dav to sync Cal and contacts.
    03-26-14 10:44 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I must be doing something wrong because the new entries on my phone don't appear on Google Calendar. When you create entries on your phone, are you inputting them in your phone's local calendar, or are you using the Google Calendar Android app?
    You should be able to add from the native calendar on-device, and have them sync to the G-Cal. Check these 2 things:

Go to Settings > Accounts. Tap "set defaults" at the bottom. Ensure that your G-Cal is set as the default calendar. (While you're there, you can set your default email address.) New entries will now be created in your G-Cal by default. I suspect that the entries you've been adding on device are going to your home calendar, which will not sync with the web G-Cal.

Then, go to the native calendar. To help identify the existing entries, swipe down and go to Settings > Calendar colours. Set your G-cal and home calendars as different colours. Now go to the "Manage Calendars" setting beside "Settings". Select all your calendars to be displayed, then go back to your calendar view. All your events should now be colour coded. You'll probably see the events that didn't sync are in your Home calendar. Assuming so, you can move them to the G-Cal. Open any event, tap edit. At the top, where you see "Home", tap the drop down. Select your G-Cal name, and tap save. When you go back to your calendar view, you should see it colour coded to your G-Cal. Repeat as necessary for other events. Now pull down from the top and tap "Refresh". This should initiate the sync to the web G-cal. Give it a few minutes, then login and check it on the web G-Cal. You should see the events begin to populate.

This is actually easier to do than to explain. Don't be put off by my long-winded instructions.
    03-26-14 11:35 AM
    Elessar: thank you very much for your help. I had BBLink as my default calendar because I've been trying to sync my z30 with Outlook. I'll have a ton of entries to change from BBLink to gmail calendar, but at least I know how to do it going forward. thanks again, and BTW, ignorant, non-tech people like me need long winded instructions! I'll give it a try as soon as I have few minutes.
    03-26-14 12:01 PM
    Glad we were able to figure it out. That's what we're here for.

If you have a lot of calendar entries, take a look in BB App world for an app that will export your calendar. I recall seeing mention of such apps, but didn't pay attention since mine have always been in Google and Outlook.com. If you can export to a .csv file, you should then be able to import that into your web G-Cal. It's an option, anyway.
    03-26-14 12:14 PM
    This thread is big help. I've always wondered how to make my g-cal my default. Before, I would have to click always the pull down menu and choose g-cal whenever I input something on my calendar.

Now, g-cal is default, no need to click on the pull down menu everytime I input an item.

And yes, it's a two way sync. I chose 24 hours since I don't want calendar to be a battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:53 AM
    Good stuff. And, if you add an entry on your device, you can always swipe down from the top of the calendar and tap "Refresh", to initiate a sync manually.
    04-05-14 11:06 AM
    Sorry to reopen this thread, I have another question regarding google calendar.

My organisation is using Gmail and we share our calendars.
    How do I add in my colleagues' calendars so I can view their schedule while I am on the move?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:22 AM
    Sorry to reopen this thread, I have another question regarding google calendar.

My organisation is using Gmail and we share our calendars.
    How do I add in my colleagues' calendars so I can view their schedule while I am on the move?

Posted via CB10
    If your Google account is already set up for you to view your colleagues' calendars, you only need to note them to sync to your device. If you go to https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect you should see them. Just check the box to indicate which ones should sync to your device. Then, reboot your device to initiate the sync, and give it a few minutes to populate.
    10-07-14 08:27 AM
    Thanks! I will try that.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 10:05 AM