Can anyone recommend a dongle that they know works for mirroring their Z30 to a dumb TV?

Preferably something from a shop (Future Shop, etc..) but if I need to order online I would as I really want to have this running.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:08 PM
    Can anyone recommend a dongle that they know works for mirroring their Z30 to a dumb TV?

Preferably something from a shop (Future Shop, etc..) but if I need to order online I would as I really want to have this running.

Posted via CB10
    I just read a review of a Miracast dongle earlier today. It was of the Netgear Push2TV and the reviewer seemed very happy with it. It should work equally as well with any smartphone and I plan on picking up one once I get my Z30. IF it every becomes avaialble on Verizon Wireless any way.

Feature Review: Wireless Display on the DROID MAXX & DROID Ultra - GadgetNerdly
    xxslxx and dusdal like this.
    10-16-13 08:20 PM
    Very bad choices in Canada. As a Z30 user I purchased the Netgear Push2Tv adapter from Amazon US and had it shipped to Canada, came in around 70$.

Quality is excellent, very good for videos and movies. Tried a few games and while they worked there is a lag of almost 0.5-1 second which kills the usability.

For upgrading a dumb tv you can't go wrong with it.

Posted via CB10
    Witmen likes this.
    10-16-13 08:34 PM
    This guy uses Push2TV as well and it seems to work very well.

dusdal likes this.
    10-16-13 08:36 PM
    Very bad choices in Canada. As a Z30 user I purchased the Netgear Push2Tv adapter from Amazon US and had it shipped to Canada, came in around 70$.

Quality is excellent, very good for videos and movies. Tried a few games and while they worked there is a lag of almost 0.5-1 second which kills the usability.

For upgrading a dumb tv you can't go wrong with it.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, but are any wireless display adapters less lagy? I figured with wireless it will never be as fast wired. Like my internet at home is faster straight from the cable, but I still use the wifi any way. I don't think any Miracast device will be as fast as a HDMI cable is.
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-16-13 08:43 PM
    And we're sure Miracast is coming in 10.2. If so I'd order this now while it's 55$ on Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:44 PM
    No I think they all have some latency and will never be as good as a wired HDMI connection. However for watching videos, doing video chatting, browsing etc I find mine to be near perfect.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-16-13 08:52 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback. I may give that one a try as it seems that the latency I'd only really relevant to gaming.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 10:29 PM
    Found it in Canada at NCIX $99.00 here is the link pretty sure they price match anybody online.
    Netgear PUSH2TV HDTV Adapter for Intel Wireless Display Widi
    dusdal likes this.
    10-16-13 10:40 PM
    Found it in Canada at NCIX $99.00 here is the link pretty sure they price match anybody online.
    Netgear PUSH2TV HDTV Adapter for Intel Wireless Display Widi
    Nice!

Can't believe I forgot to check NCIX will head there tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 10:45 PM
    Ordered from NCIX. The only stock was in Ontario so it may take a few days.

Will post to update on how it works but the video posted earlier looked good enough for me.

Thanks for the help all, hopefully this thread helps others as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:08 PM
    Why not just get a blue tooth keyboard and mouse and plug the phone into the tv via HDMI? If you want to step it up another notch you can stream over wifi from your computer your movies, music, etc... with remote access. I do this with my Z10. I also do it with my playbook with the exception of streaming files over wifi. All those cords attached to a hub seems a little much to me......

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:38 PM
    I'm just thinking of Miracast to the TV and Blue tooth mouse and keyboard with me on the couch. The long HDMI cable to the couch works well but can become a PITA

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:46 PM
    Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 06:30 AM
    I don't want to high jack the thread but does anyone know of a unit that will offer both hdmi and regular video rca outputs? I want to put the unit in my truck. It has several tvs about 8". So hdmi is pointless.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 01:02 PM
    The NetGear Unit I found at NCIX i posted about eirlier is different than the original link and it has standard video outputs.
    Netgear PUSH2TV HDTV Adapter for Intel Wireless Display WidiHelp finding Miracast Dongle?-67584_1.jpg
    10-17-13 01:24 PM
    Just got a Panasonic Blu Ray and noticed that it had Mircast built-in. Gave it a try and was able to get my screen up, but it wasn't clear - a lot of lag and distortion.
    10-17-13 01:49 PM
    10-18-13 09:18 PM
    Also available from memoryexpress for $69, cheapest I've seen it.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX47248

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 03:37 AM
    Says you need a miracast supported device. Is there a setting in the phone somewhere or do you need to download an app or something to make it work?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 06:36 AM
    Says you need a miracast supported device. Is there a setting in the phone somewhere or do you need to download an app or something to make it work?

Posted via CB10
    If you go to the wifi settings there's a new tab called miracast, there you can setup screen share (so its an OS thing, not specific to an app).

On the flip side miracast is also accessible through "play on" option in the media apps (it basically works just like HDMI)

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 09:39 AM
    If you go to the wifi settings there's a new tab called miracast, there you can setup screen share (so its an OS thing, not specific to an app).

On the flip side miracast is also accessible through "play on" option in the media apps (it basically works just like HDMI)

Posted via CB10
    Ahhhh ok it all makes sense now. Thanks for your reply!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 10:51 AM
    I just picked up the Netgear model today. So far over Miracast it works really well! A little bit of lag here and there but for basic viewing of documents etc, it works. Videos on the other hand, are a little choppy at times and the audio is off a little.
    dusdal likes this.
    10-19-13 04:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm assuming this is in 10.2? I haven't upgraded to a leak yet and I don't see that setting in Wifi...

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 05:08 PM
    I'm assuming this is in 10.2? I haven't upgraded to a leak yet and I don't see that setting in Wifi...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I'm using a Z30 which ships with 10.2 so not using a leak or anything.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 05:19 PM
37 12