I am stuck right now. I was intending on backing up my Z30 this evening as I will be receiving a Passport tomorrow and switching from Verizon to AT&T. Right before I left work, dropped the phone and the screen does not work. I know the phone info is still there as I connected it to my HDMI and it showed everything on the TV, but I can not swipe up to get to my picture password or use the screen. I tried connecting to link, but it will not let me backup without entering the device password from the device. After some long conversations with BlackBerry they said there is nothing they can do remotely and I would need to get to my picture password to backup the password keeper app and then restore it. This app has all of my passwords; work and personal over 100+. I should have backed it up sooner, but didn't expect this on the day I was going to do the backup. The BB reps said to take it to a BB service center or go to Verizon Tech Support and see if they can fix the screen. I guess that is my only option at this point :-(

I really need the info on that app and am now worried if I send the Z30 for a screen repair that they may accidentally wipe the device. I am so mad at myself for even using the picture password because according to the BB reps if I had a numeric password I could have just used that on link, but link does not support picture passwords. Will it ever? I don't know what to do and it's 2AM, supposed to be getting my Passport tomorrow... what a mess!!!

Any thoughts???
    10-06-14 01:06 AM
    Try getting a USB mouse with a USB on the go cable and using the mouse to navigate around

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 02:10 AM
    Would that allow me to swipe up to get to my picture password? I am so annoyed that I didn't just leave it as a numeric password otherwise I would be able to type it into link. I told the BB rep just now that if I get the picture password wrong 5x it asks for blackberry then my numeric password. Of course I get unfortunately link does not support picture password... this sucks because I can see the screen on my TV through HDMI, not the device and when I start trying to swipe up the arrows pointing up show, but I can't follow through.

Wondering what is going to happen when I get the Passport today. Will the password keeper app automatically transfer with my BBID???

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also, once I put my BBID into the Passport, would the Z30 even still function. I would be cancelling Verizon and going to AT&T. I might go to Verizon and see if they can fix the screen as it is mostly unresponsive somehow, but I know the information is on there as I can see my screen on my TV :-(
    10-06-14 07:11 AM
    I would actually go a local repair shop where they can replace your screen there and then. Most repairs happen with a complete wipe when sent in.
    It is quite easy to replace the screen.

I would suggest as well to try using an external mouse and keyboard via USB OTG

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 07:24 AM
    I am not informed much on using that. Where would I buy from? And it is called a USB mouse and USB on the go? That would allow me to hold an swipe up? That is the only gesture I need to do then I unlock the phone and back it up. I guess the password keeper would not be associated with my BBID when I enter it into the Passport or should I wait on doing that. Not sure if I will be able to get into the Z30 after switching carriers and phones with my BBID.
    10-06-14 07:37 AM
    10-06-14 07:50 AM
    The screen itself has no physical damage, but is unresponsive... not sure on how I would replace it myself, but definitely appreciate the link. Will I be able to still access my Z30 after I cancel my service and am using my BBID on the Passport? Thank you all!!!
    10-06-14 07:58 AM
    You will still have access to everything after you have moved your BlackBerryID to the Passport

10-06-14 08:25 AM
    You will still have access to everything after you have moved your BlackBerryID to the Passport

Thank you so much. At least that will give me time to try purchasing the new screen and possibly finding instructions on how to replace; it is not that expensive at all, but not sure about the labor. Glad to hear that I can still get to the Password Keeper if I can get this resolved!!!
    10-06-14 08:39 AM
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...UvbUpU10936650

This would be another option.... connecting a keyboard and mouse to your phone to unlock it...

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.632 and Passport with the same version
    10-06-14 09:12 AM
    Here's an option I didn't see listed and is what I did when I broke my z30 screen. Just plug it into your computer and use link. You can unlock the phone from there. Back it up, wipe it, whatever you need to do. Can't see the screen obviously, but it still does what it needs to do.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:17 AM
    Here's an option I didn't see listed and is what I did when I broke my z30 screen. Just plug it into your computer and use link. You can unlock the phone from there. Back it up, wipe it, whatever you need to do. Can't see the screen obviously, but it still does what it needs to do.

Posted via CB10
    It seems like I am the only one unable to unlock my phone using link. I was using a picture password, but have a numeric password as well. I talked to BB reps and they insist that link does not support picture passwords and that is why when I connect to link it says unable to connect to link, device is locked, and to unlock from the device. Link does not give me an option to unlock from the laptop. I really wish it would because that is all I intended on doing. I get a popup stating unlock from device to connect to link.

I am using a laptop and am completely unfamiliar with hooking up a mouse or keyboard to the Z30. I am unable to see anything on the screen, just through the TV via HDMI. I do not even have a mouse or keyboard. Not sure if I would be able to swipe up to get to the picture password and then swipe around to unlock using this method either. The replacement screen was $40 and I would have to get the tool. I am just guessing it is the screen though since it is showing my missed calls and when turned on I can hear BBMs coming in.

I just wish that link would work as others have stated by asking for the password rather than having to unlock the device first. I am assuming those that can unlock their phone from link are not using the picture password. If so, I have no idea why I am getting this error and am unable to input my numeric password to unlock. As mentioned the BB reps said I need to unlock from the device as well since I have it set on picture password which is not supported by link. Maybe it is a different version of link? I have no idea... that would be amazing if I could just do that, but doesn't seem to be in the cards for me :-(

I should also note that this is the first time trying to connect this device to link. Not sure if that matters?
    10-06-14 09:58 AM
    As far as the USB... I guess I would just need to purchase a USB mouse and USB on the go cable... possibly from Best Buy. Can anyone confirm that I would be able to swipe up with this technique to get to my picture password then unlock the device?
    10-06-14 10:03 AM
    I understand you concern.

Question: is it possible that Blackberry Protect will restore your stuff to the new passport?

I have never had to retore from BB Protect, ... but I have to assume if does something?

Edit:
    Sorry answered my own question:
    "On devices that run BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 to BlackBerry 7.1, BlackBerry Protect provides a convenient way to wirelessly back up and restore device data.

On devices that run BlackBerry 10, you can't use BlackBerry Protect to back up and restore your data. You can use BlackBerry Link instead. "
    https://protect.blackberry.com/prote...s1343666968542

Good luck.
    Last edited by Chris Chin; 10-06-14 at 11:14 AM.
    10-06-14 10:05 AM