I opened the camera app to take a picture and it wouldn't take any pictures. Then I noticed that I couldn't see the most recent picture on the bottom left. So I closed the camera app and went to the pictures app. Opened it, only to see NOTHING.

It's like the z30 just erased all my media. Note that my pictures were stored on my media card. I restarted the phone... same thing. my media is GONE!

What happened? Anyone had this happen to them before? Is there something I could do to retrieve my pictures? I don't get it. :-(

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 12:57 PM
    There's a few things to try. Do you have a media card? If so, turn the phone off, remove the card, reinsert and turn back on.

If you do not use a media card it's a tough one... I would first try hard resetting by holding both volume buttons until the BlackBerry symbol appears for the boot screen. The other thing to try if that does not work would be using the Chrome Extension or Sachesi to sideload sys.pictureviewer and sys.pictures if something went wrong with the application.

Best of luck
    02-07-15 01:00 PM
    Thanks, I will try that. The pictures were on my media card. I will reinsert it.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 01:04 PM
    Nothing. I tried Re inserting the media card. Still nothing. :-(

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 01:15 PM
    Try reading the card in a computer. If you can, copy all the photos to the computer, then reinsert it into the blackberry and allow it to format it. Then you can copy the photos back on to the card using the computer.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    02-07-15 01:19 PM
    Or if you don't have a card reader on your computer maybe you can prevail on friend/family and try your card in their devices.

I recently had my 64g sandisk card "UNFORMATTED" and I don't know why. It was intact, I moved it to a card reader on my computer and it was corrupt. Fortunately, I did have a backup.

There are also RESTORE/Recovery programs that can sometimes read the card and pull off intact files. But, again, you need a card reader or adapter on your computer.

Good luck
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    02-07-15 02:25 PM
    I just tried to insert the card into another device. It still shows nothing. I can't believe that the phone would delete all my pictures like that... i guess I'm gonna try to find a program to restore to card? I don't know what else to do.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 04:14 PM
    02-07-15 05:46 PM
    Sounds more like a corrupted SD card than a problem with the phone...

You could try recovery software.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 06:29 PM
    It happened to me twice with a 64g card on my z30.
    I'm sorry to tell that I couldn't retrieve anything.
    I could find documentation on the matter. If I remember correctly it has something to do with 64g card technology (i know that much, sorry)... after the first time, I reformatted the SD with the phone as suggested, but it happened again. So I bought a 32g card with no more issue (it's been 6 months, roughly)
    You can also sync photo/videos with Dropbox and/or box. This won't help you current issue, but you'll have black up if it happens again...

Z30/Bell - Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 06:44 PM
    This is a hard lesson, I had to learn a lot..... all forms of storage are not RELIABLE.

You need to backup the backup to be safe.

All advice has been given above. The rest is down to your Google magic and PCInspector file recovery.

If the files were truly important, you can spend a pretty penny to get them back.... I did that once..... 3 grand for a hard drive with all pictures of me in my youth with my dad....

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.632 and Passport with the same version
    andy957 likes this.
    02-07-15 06:55 PM
    This happened to me with my Z10 and a 32G sd card. I ended up trying to read the card in my computer (either by inserting the SD card into my computer, or via the Z10 mass storage mode) to no avail. I ended up doing a Scandisk and CHKdisk on the SD card thinking that would help. This resulted in hundreds of FILExxxx.CHK files. I managed to recover some of the files, but the process was slow so I abandoned it for a rainy day. Here are a couple of sites I visited that helped a bit:
    https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-r...-and-scandisk/
    Recover CHK Files
    FF22 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-08-15 12:12 AM
    Thank you all. It is indeed a hard lesson to learn. I will try the suggestions above.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:18 AM
    It happened to me before and i tried a few programs like Recova to recover my data but they all failed EXCEPT for Lazesoft. I never heard of it before but was a free download. I was happy it worked, because we were visiting Dubai and just took a lot of pictures and hadn't had to time back it up. So i spent more time then i wanted to in the hotel room using the wifi to figure it out.

Try Lazesoft data recovery software, I don't know much about it but it worked for me and i still have the program on my computer because it worked. Like the OP said most likely i didn't erase your data the card probably became corrupted. And i can confirm that i was using a 64 bit card.
    Now i just set my BOX account to automatically back up my pictures and videos when i'm on Wifi.

PS for some reason SanDisk gives me a lot of problems.
    EarthyBerry likes this.
    02-08-15 08:44 AM
    That other device that you inserted the media card in was a windows PC?

In case if you tried on Android device, check on Windows PC. Also note the free space on the card. They might be there but you can't see them on BlackBerry / Android phones

Posted via CB10
    EarthyBerry likes this.
    02-09-15 03:49 AM
    Thank you. I used Lazesoft and was able to retrieve some of the files. Other files said "corrupted"...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and FF22 like this.
    02-09-15 06:40 PM
    If it was 64gb or larger and not formatted as exfat you will have issues. Early on there were issues with even getting the phone to format them as exfat.
    02-09-15 06:51 PM