Hi all,

i am experiencing some major frustration with my beloved Z30 recently, and don't know what to do, please help or share some information.

The symptoms are like below:
    1. Every time i plug in the headphones, the native Music app would open up and play music by itself, then keeps jumping to the next song right away without actually playing. No pattern in terms of how long after the headphones are plugged in, sometimes immediately, sometimes in a short while, sometimes not at all.

2. When i am on a phone call using the headphones, then the Music app would start by itself and keeps jumping to the next song like crazy. this is not definite, but quite certain.

3. Very often, when i am on a phone call with headphones, the "Mute" button keeps triggering itself. when i unmute it, then it will mute itself again. the loop goes on, until i unplug the headphones.

4. I am currently using the white OEM BB headphones with ear loops. these are the only ones that i can wear and jog without falling, so i bought over 20 of them. Before that, the black one that came with the phone last quite a long time, like 1 year, then the phone's audio kept switching between playing through headphones and its own speakers.

all in all, i am feeling it's more of the phone's audio jack has issues instead of the headphones. However, since i have so many of these headphones, i will try another new pair.

anyway, i am wondering if anyone here has the same problem or experience, any information would be greatly appreciate because i have no intent to through away this great phone yet.

thanks,
    08-08-16 05:18 PM
    Seen many threads like this over the years.

It may sound strange, but try plugging the phones in and out rapidly for a second or two to remove any build up of muck on the contacts inside the headphone jack.

It may be that the jack has become faulty. In which case the only solution is to get it replaced.

You say you've tried other headsets so that rules that out of the senario.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    08-08-16 06:18 PM
    Experiencing the same problem.. Try un plugging and plugging it twice or thrice rapidly. It helped me to sustain for a day or two.

#BB Z30 10.3.2.2474
    08-09-16 03:34 AM
    Experiencing the same problem.. Try un plugging and plugging it twice or thrice rapidly. It helped me to sustain for a day or two.

#BB Z30 10.3.2.2474
    Sounds like you need to get the jack replaced.

08-09-16 04:50 AM
    What about uninstalling the music player app and reinstalling it? (Don't know if this is possible ...)
    08-09-16 06:35 AM
    Not possible from phone. Though it could be possible to sideload from chrome and remove the music. Bar file
    08-09-16 06:47 AM
    i cleaned the jack with cotton stick, quite clean there.....
    08-09-16 08:02 AM
    Not possible from phone. Though it could be possible to sideload from chrome and remove the music. Bar file
    then it's the headphones? i just took out a new set, will see how long that will last.
    08-09-16 08:07 AM
    the Music app just started by itself with the new headphones, so it's quite clear the problem is with the jack....
    08-09-16 10:13 AM
    the Music app just started by itself with the new headphones, so it's quite clear the problem is with the jack....
    Yes, I'm sure it is.

08-09-16 11:59 AM
    Very carefully use a straight pin or a sharp super thin needle. Most likely have lint or debris in the jack. Have seen this many times with all brand phones. Also use BBVE to test the audio jack. Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 12:16 PM
    Did cleaning the Jack help?

#BB Z30 10.3.2.2474
    08-10-16 07:30 AM
    Very carefully use a straight pin or a sharp super thin needle. Most likely have lint or debris in the jack. Have seen this many times with all brand phones. Also use BBVE to test the audio jack. Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    Use a non-conductive pick unless you tear down the Z30 and disconnect the battery.
    No need to risk a short with a metal pin/pick.
    08-10-16 08:47 AM
    Did cleaning the Jack help?

#BB Z30 10.3.2.2474
    i used compressed air, and it helped. right now, the audio jack is stable, for now.
    08-10-16 09:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    i cleaned it with a tooth pick wrapped with cotton, then used compressed air, seems to work, the audio jack is stable for now.

i also dissembled the phone, but wasn't able to remove the audio jack part, so nothing i could do there.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-10-16 09:31 AM
    i just made a call using the headphones, the call kept going "Muted" and "Unmuted" by itself like crazy.
    Also the Music app started playing by itself too.....

Maybe i have to have the Audio Jack module replaced if i still want to use this phone? I wonder how much that will cost.
    08-15-16 10:49 AM