Giving a presentation tomorrow.

Leaving laptop behind and going it alone with my Z30.

Not brave enough or rather have my images available as pictures - and thus will not use BlackBerry Express (this time).

I intend to use my HDMI connector and view my presentation on a large screen using Adobe Reader.

I just tried the cable connection and find my videos made with Story Maker can be played in landscape mode - by simply selecting "play on" (and selecting the green lit HDMI label)

When I repeat using Adobe Reader (as my presentation is in a pdf file) - then select "play on" (which does not light up as green this time) - the document does not project in landscape mode.

Is there something I am missing or does Adobe Reader simply not allow landscape presentation through the HDMI connection.

Any comments or recommendations welcome.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 11:42 PM
    Can you project any pdf (that you didn't create) in landscape?
    12-04-13 11:56 PM
    I did not try any other pdf file. Good point. It could very well be the paper orientation I chose.

To add injury to insult - I made the presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint - then printed to a pdf.

I did this to get the file size down to a manageable size - so I could email it to myself.

Yes I could have plugged my phone in to my laptop - or blue toothed it over.

Sometimes when you are getting creative you forget these (important) details!

Now my laptop is at work. My original file sits on my local drive (on the laptop - cause I was originally planning on hauling it with me) and my Vpn does not get me there.

One big step for this man kind!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 12:06 AM
    Anything like this I would have suggested to use a media card to transfer the original file over. Perhaps see if someone at the office is able to get onto your laptop and place the PowerPoint file on a secure cloud server or to somewhere you can reach on your VPN?

Sorry to hear you are in this lovely situation. I know hind sight is 20/29, but I would suggest for future to bring a back-up option just in case things like this happen.

I hope something works out for ya there eh OP

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    12-05-13 11:59 AM
    Thanks so much.

I did manage to upload my pdf to the Box. As my back up plan.

Managed not to forget my HDMI cable and connector.

Had everything lined up and connected the Z30 in the presentation - only to have the computer not recognize my Z30 at the presentation.

Most likely a 'display' problem. Not sure.

In the interest of time I simply resorted to using the pc and Box file. Actually allowed me to go full screen - my initial issue!

Hope next time to execute with a bit more finesse - however simply connecting the Z30 via HDMI was impressive [while blaming the pc operator for my av breakdown ]

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:05 PM