if you took in consideration all the best buy stories
    apparently best buy it's the worst of this kind of stores,
    here another one, this one was in a big city of the state of alabama US:

I walk into a best buy the other day just because, and I was looking at the phones in general, the sales guy jump on me and ask me if I was interested in a phone, went I say yes,
    -he said, "well we have the last galaxy and the last iphone"
    -I ask him, "what about BB"
    -he said, "well BB don't have apps"
    -I said "I don't need apps"
    -he said "they're going out of business"
    -I ask you sure of that?
    and then we go on an on,
    long story short, it's a shame and sad how much damage the sales staff from different stores are doing to BB sales,
    10-18-13 11:17 PM
    if you took in consideration all the best buy stories
    apparently best buy it's the worst of this kind of stores,
    here another one, this one was in a big city of the state of alabama US:

I walk into a best buy the other day just because, and I was looking at the phones in general, the sales guy jump on me and ask me if I was interested in a phone, went I say yes,
    -he said, "well we have the last galaxy and the last iphone"
    -I ask him, "what about BB"
    -he said, "well BB don't have apps"
    -I said "I don't need apps"
    -he said "they're going out of business"
    -I ask you sure of that?
    and then we go on an on,
    long story short, it's a shame and sad how much damage the sales staff from different stores are doing to BB sales,
    If I ran into a rep that was as negative as this one, I'd like to get a conversation going. Something along the lines of: "you seem to want to talk me out of something I already know I want... why would you do that?"

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    gfondeur and R Field like this.
    10-18-13 11:24 PM
    They were both pretty much clueless, she said identical to the Z10 only different name on the box! I immediately showed her the visual difference side by side. I forgot to mention the fact that he said he had to ask his manager and that turned out to be curly (female with curly hair) nope moe wasn't around I guess
    So I gather the guy that called the Z30 the Q30 was Larry. Sorry just had too lol

Q10 running10.2.1.641 leak and loving it!
    HAHA. Well I guess I'm too nice then as I expect people to at least know what they have to offer. If the girl didn't know the difference can you really blame her? I'm sure most sales staff would not know the major differences between similar phones especially ones coming from BlackBerry unless they are huge phone geeks. Not likely these days.
    10-18-13 11:31 PM
    They have for a while. Best Buy now owns Future Shop, which has been around forever. The funny thing is, they'll still plunk down a Best Buy right beside a Future Shop, or vice-versa, even though they're owned by the same company. Seems silly.
    Have you seen our Wireless providers? Canadians love the illusion of choice! =P

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    10-19-13 02:40 AM
    I prefer using bestbuy as their staff are paid hourly and not on commision unlike future shop where as soon as you walk into the place your swarmed by over eager sales associates trying to make that last sale so they can pay their rent.
    10-19-13 07:19 AM
    Was the store located in Owen Sound btw? I bought my Z10 there and the sales guy was acting as if he couldn't find a polite way to directly tell me not to get a BB. He said something like "so you're a blackberry guy, huh?" - yeah dude, I came to the store looking for a specific phone, not your recommendation. Some of these people need to get a life one way or the other.
    No, the Beaches in Toronto

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 07:32 AM
    They have for a while. Best Buy now owns Future Shop, which has been around forever. The funny thing is, they'll still plunk down a Best Buy right beside a Future Shop, or vice-versa, even though they're owned by the same company. Seems silly.

America corporations are coming into Canada like a flood. Target bought out most of Zellers, then there's Walmart, and countless others.

Posted via CB10
    It's a sign of the times we live in

I prefer to buy my BlackBerry factory unlocked from an independent that has an easy to navigate website. Can't remember the last time I walked into an electronics or phone store.
    10-19-13 07:32 AM
    As you can see by this thread how easily we are distracted, you went through the trouble of posting this thread on how the staff at a cell phone store are poorly versed on products and it turns into a thread on the retail industry

And you ask why the staff don't know anything about the products they sell....

Hmmmmm...

I wonder how that happened....

Oh look shiny red things ooooooo....

....we are an easily distractable society it would seem....

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    What were you saying, I got distracted
    (sorry, couldn't resist)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-19-13 07:38 AM
    Wow, how did my story get overlooked! Okay, Target is here as well

I guess BlackBerry staff awareness is the accepted norm now.

Q10 running10.2.1.641 leak and loving it!
    Target in Canada sucks though

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 07:46 AM
    It all comes down to BBRY and the stores. If people aren't being trained, why not? If other companies give incentives for selling theirs then BBRY has to do the same thing, yes I know they can't afford to, or maybe they can't afford not to? There will still be bias by sales people though, those that prefer android will think it's the best, same for the rest.
    10-19-13 07:48 AM
    I prefer using bestbuy as their staff are paid hourly and not on commision unlike future shop where as soon as you walk into the place your swarmed by over eager sales associates trying to make that last sale so they can pay their rent.
    they get paid hourly plus commission. Same thing in at cell phone stores, I walked into the Tmobile store after my dad called me where my little brother was looking at buying a phone he is still a teenager so of course he wanted the iphone and my dad was also looking for a phone. Apperantly there was a competition going on for the sale staff to whoever sold the most sony xperia Z got xx bonus and a trip to the bahamas. Well the rep was nagging my dad and my little brother on why getting an iphone if they already had an ipad and instead getting something different like android (xperia) at this point i had enough of the sales man so I jump into the convo and told my dad and brother if you want to experience another platform then he should try BB10 immediately i was cut off with "well that more like a business phone and doesn't really have apps" I mentioned to him "so my father and I are business man and run our own company, and do you realize you can sideload the apps you want on the blackberry?"
    Salesman: "what is side loading?"
    Me:
    Me:"you find the apk that is compatible with the android run time on the blackberry and sideload the app to your phone"
    Salesman:"wait Blackberry has android run time? WOW! how do you have netflix on your phone?!"
    we walked out with 2 z10 and the REP happy to have learned a few things about Blackberry thanking me "wow now i have more info on how to sell blackberry this is cool."

idiots.
    10-19-13 07:55 AM
    As you can see by this thread how easily we are distracted, you went through the trouble of posting this thread on how the staff at a cell phone store are poorly versed on products and it turns into a thread on the retail industry

And you ask why the staff don't know anything about the products they sell....

Hmmmmm...

I wonder how that happened....

Oh look shiny red things ooooooo....

....we are an easily distractable society it would seem....

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    Makes me think of this...

Squirrel!...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-19-13 08:24 AM
    Best buy and future shop both suck equally. I only shop there as a last resort there are far better deals elsewhere. Can't stand brain dead staff trying to push sales. Can't expect much when some kid still in school is trying to school an older fart like me.

I keep up to date on all the tech stuff, and spot their bs a mile away. Their computer department is the worst followed by the cell department and audio video. Install shops they both suck.
    Agree. It amuses me greatly, as my basement looks like a computer component factory exploded in it, when I have to go into an actual store to buy a component and end up not only having to find the part myself, but having to explain what it is, what it does and why I'm sure that's the thing I need. LOL.

As for my BB10 experience, I bought my Z10 launch week at Future Shop. The girl who activated it told me it was her first Z10 activation. She didn't try to talk me out of buying it, but she had no idea of how it worked. I had to show her how to navigate the phone. She thanked me for the tutorial.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 10:05 AM
    I was impressed with Telus store rep in Vancouver. Went through Z30 referencing features and offered a seminar by staff. Got the phone on a hunch on launch day. Fellow persuaded me to go on share plan and am saving my purchase price every month (5 phones).

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 10:16 AM
    None of these stories surprise me. The managers and the staff at Future Shop are definitely not even close as good as they used to be. I'm speaking from experience because I used to sell and manage there. Best Buy has always been crappy.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 10:39 AM
    Oooh. I remember when Radio Shack turned into the Source but I never saw Best Buy while in Canada. Just Staples, Walmart and Future Shop!
    Target is even here now sadly haha

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 10:44 AM
    Have you seen our Wireless providers? Canadians love the illusion of choice! =P

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    Mind you, PC Magazine just sent a team up to Canada to check mobile speeds and reliability in the major centers. Their conclusion was that the Canadian carriers provided consistently higher speeds on LTE than their US counterparts. They said Rogers LTE in Vancouver registered the highest mobile bandwidth they'd seen anywhere in North America.
    10-19-13 03:22 PM
    I find it funny how telus brags their LTE coverage, yet rarely get LTE unless a few select areas..

Always on the pos 3G networks with poor voice quality and dropped calls. I am 4 blocks from a tower and only have 3 bars and no LTE.
    10-19-13 07:35 PM
    Yeah these are pathetic stories. Obviously bestbuy is all galaxy crazed due to their relationship with Samsung.
    10-19-13 07:47 PM
    Hum, when I bought my Z30 from the Source downtown Toronto on Wed. there was a Blackberry rep working a kiosk at the store (since Tues actually) and had all of the current BB 10 devices there to play with. That's a first that I've ever seen. Apparently this rep moved around and worked a few stores in the area. So try the Source if you can't it in Bestbuy/Futureshop etc.
    10-19-13 08:07 PM
    Hum, when I bought my Z30 from the Source downtown Toronto on Wed. there was a Blackberry rep working a kiosk at the store (since Tues actually) and had all of the current BB 10 devices there to play with. That's a first that I've ever seen. Apparently this rep moved around and worked a few stores in the area. So try the Source if you can't it in Bestbuy/Futureshop etc.
    Which location? Eaton Centre? Did u buy it outright?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 08:21 PM
    "so my father and I are business man and run our own company, and do you realize you can sideload the apps you want on the blackberry?"
    Salesman: "what is side loading?"
    Me:
    Did you really just did a face palm because of "sideloading"? Wow. So you want all people to 'sideload' apps because BB World missing apps that people use? People who are tech savvy will understand the process, look solutions up to fix the problem, but don't think that people who simply are looking for ease of use to go to the internet and download files & programs to get their apps. Fact: there are more looking for ease of use compared to tech savvy like us who lookup solutions like sideloading.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    10-19-13 08:33 PM
    I've ever used best buy I've only used future shop but the attempts at up selling and lack of knowledge there is brutal. That's why I've started just buying stuff online. Pre ordered the surface pro 2 with no one attempting to sell me an extra warranty or keyboard cover. Thanks internet!
    10-20-13 09:41 AM
    And I much prefer future shop.

Posted from my Z10
    i don't, don't appreciate the employees on comission always bombarding me when i'm trying to buy soemthing. i like bestbuy and would rather be left alone when i'm buying something
    10-20-13 10:49 AM
    Did you really just did a face palm because of "sideloading"? Wow. So you want all people to 'sideload' apps because BB World missing apps that people use? People who are tech savvy will understand the process, look solutions up to fix the problem, but don't think that people who simply are looking for ease of use to go to the internet and download files & programs to get their apps. Fact: there are more looking for ease of use compared to tech savvy like us who lookup solutions like sideloading.
    If you can't prove that fact then it is not a fact. If I am going to sell a product (which most salesman should do) I'm going to research everything about the products I have in my store. Every time I go to a Tmobile store to buy a blackberry the first thing they say is "blackberry is more like business phone" uhh really? That's all you can tell me about the phone? How can you maximize your commission if you can't sell phones.

I can throw a random "Fact" around too, Fact: most people are sheep.

Posted via the Fantastic Z10
    10-20-13 11:20 AM
64 123