In the last 2 weeks three different people have called me to say "Hi, I just got a call from this number. What did you want?". I didn't call any of them. No record of a call in my log. Then today my brother tells me I sent him an unintelligible text. No record of that either. Do I need a phone exorcism or has anyone else experienced this? I'm on Bell.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 06:46 PM
    Check you call log history, if it is not there then they are messing with you.
    08-23-15 07:04 PM
    They must have iphones

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    sammyg423 likes this.
    08-23-15 07:06 PM
    You need a priest on retainer.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11044311

OK, my phone is haunted. All of a sudden everything is working again. Freaky....

Posted via CB10
    Freaky indeed
    08-23-15 07:10 PM
    I know right

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 07:18 PM
    Did you start taking a sleeping aid?
    08-23-15 07:20 PM
    Pocket stuff. Never happened to me until the newest OS. Has a few times since.
    08-23-15 07:22 PM
    OK. I just thought it weird that they didn't show up in my log. Oh well still love my phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 09:39 PM
    OK. I just thought it weird that they didn't show up in my log. Oh well still love my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Give it a wipe and reload. See if that kills off the "Ghost in the Shell"

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    08-23-15 10:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Scam callers have and do spoof other phone numbers with their auto-dialers when attempting to hide their true identity.
    You may have been the unlucky victim of this type of situation, a scammer has spoofed your phone number.
    See:
    Greenfield Park resident's phone number used in scam calls - Montreal - CBC News
    This may explain why you are getting calls from random people asking why you called them, when you log shows nothing.

However, to double check, look over the call records from your cell carrier statement or online account management, as they will show calls too and from your number, even if your device logs show nothing.
    If the outbound calls show up there and are time stamped at times when you know for certain that your device was not in use, then there may be a more serious issue such as someone has access to your account or has "cloned" your account to another device.
    If this is the case, contact your carrier ASAP for assistance.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-24-15 07:32 AM
    Scam callers have and do spoof other phone numbers with their auto-dialers when attempting to hide their true identity.
    You may have been the unlucky victim of this type of situation, a scammer has spoofed your phone number.
    See:
    Greenfield Park resident's phone number used in scam calls - Montreal - CBC News
    This may explain why you are getting calls from random people asking why you called them, when you log shows nothing.

However, to double check, look over the call records from your cell carrier statement or online account management, as they will show calls too and from your number, even if your device logs show nothing.
    If the outbound calls show up there and are time stamped at times when you know for certain that your device was not in use, then there may be a more serious issue such as someone has access to your account or has "cloned" your account to another device.
    If this is the case, contact your carrier ASAP for assistance.
    This is so true. I've been called at home by a telemarketer using my own number. I've call blocked my own home phone lol.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-24-15 10:45 AM
    Must be their new tactics. I only receive spoofed phone calls from my own area code now and the first 3 digit of the spoofed number is the same as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 12:06 PM
    Contacted my carrier, they think they have blocked a suspicious number. I have my doubts but we will see. Thanks for the info and yes I clearly watch too many movies if my go to answer for all problems is haunting. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    FF22, DaFoxGrey, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    08-24-15 04:45 PM
    Contacted my carrier, they think they have blocked a suspicious number. I have my doubts but we will see. Thanks for the info and yes I clearly watch too many movies if my go to answer for all problems is haunting. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    I know it's a pain but you could always call Bell and explain your situation so that you can get a new number assigned. I only suggest this as a last resort, drastic measures if the calling pattern increases in frequency.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    08-25-15 07:11 AM