So here we go.

Story time:
    After drooling over a Z10 after the announcement earlier this year I jumped in and got one from Canada before my american carrier (tmobile) got it. Then after using it for a few months I missed the classic qwerty, sold it and bought an official tmobile Q10 the week they came out. I've been using it since. Aaaand love it.

And now in a seemingly never ending mobile phone lust I find myself gazing into the eyes of a Z30. The big phablet, while I have no good or rational excuse to upgrade beacons to me. I love my Q10 and have had zero issues with it. I thought it was: The one. But now I'm considering a slightly sloppy divorce (I might still keep it, and visit on the weekends). I hear raving reviews about its battery, and how well bb10 works on a 5inch screen. And it's speakers.

I think it might be the last awesome bb10 phone for awhile considering the foxiconn announcement. I doubt they will make a Q30 as it would be too perfect.

Are there former qwerty diehards/lovers who ditched off this sinking ship (let's face it the qwerty is losing steam like Germanys WW2 invasion of Russia) ??

Am I foolish for wishing for the latest and greatest (bb)?

Prior to this I have typically had phone ADHD and switched sides more than Obama's voting record. Let's see preBB10 I was using an HTC G2 (the last great qwerty) rooted of course, flirted a bit with BlackBerry (9700 and 9900), HTC G1, Pantech Duo, Moto SLVR.

(clearly you can see my obsession with the qwerty camp).

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 08:39 PM
    I have owned all three devices since the release and I have to say this Z30 is great, probably the best phone I have owned to date. For everything I use for work and personal it a great phone.

Posted for my Z30 on CB10
    CerveloJohn and austriker like this.
    12-20-13 09:38 PM
    I just got me a z30 after selling my q10.
    Q10 is a beautiful beautiful device with small dimensions a great keyboard and superb audio.
    I have ordered also a Z 10 from the price cut BB did.
    I still don't have it.
    What I want to say is that as soon as I get the z10 I don't think I'll even bother to open the box and I'll sell it immediately.
    It won't top z30's screen estate, battery or it's even greater audio.
    The only thing I'll miss from the q10 it's the pocket friendly size

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Ben1232, CerveloJohn and austriker like this.
    12-21-13 03:16 AM
    I have both. Haven't touch the Q10 since I got the Z30. Love the screen, battery, and most importantly; battery life.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn and austriker like this.
    12-21-13 04:22 AM
    I had Z10 than Q10 now Z30 and there is nothing better.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 05:00 AM
    One thing that impresses me with the Q10 is how loud the speaker is, especially the lower frequencies with voice or music. Good for Sat Nav in a noisy car and to hear in a coat pocket etc. Reviews I've read on the Z30 suggest the sound is great but a little too bright or 'tinny'. For those that have used both, how does the sound compare?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 05:10 AM
    Z30 stereo speakers sound awesome to me. If my Z is in its otter box its not load. I have it out of the otter box for the weekend now it sounds amazing.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    12-21-13 05:44 AM
    I have both. The Q10 and Z30.

Via my Z30&Q10
    12-21-13 06:17 AM
    I'm tempted too! Thinking of buying myself a Christmas present.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    12-21-13 06:19 AM
    i to am in between two minds im really thinking about the z30 im also thinking about the lg g2 ... i need a new phone because my z10 apn is apparently locked to my home carrier (digi anguilla).... although its the same carrier on a different island(digicel trinidad) they still refuse to unlock the apn so im basically stuck with a useless z10 very frustrated...
    12-21-13 06:27 AM
    i to am in between two minds im really thinking about the z30 im also thinking about the lg g2 ... i need a new phone because my z10 apn is apparently locked to my home carrier (digi anguilla).... although its the same carrier on a different island(digicel trinidad) they still refuse to unlock the apn so im basically stuck with a useless z10 very frustrated...
    Can't you edit your apn either way? Or add new ones?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...around-794643/

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 08:13 AM
    unfortunately not its greyed out,unable to edit,ive also tried the work around.
    12-21-13 08:27 AM
    unfortunately not its greyed out,unable to edit,ive also tried the work around.
    What version do you have installed? Maybe try one of the new two leaks that are around?!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 08:41 AM
    I have both, I switch between the devices here and there. But my primary phone is now the z30. The typing is just too good once you get the hang of it. I can pound out msgs at twice the rate as I could on the physical keyboard. But I miss how I used to be able to type without having to even look at my screen with the q10, the feel of the keyboard was awesome. If the q10 had a bigger screen, and built in batter that was larger, I would use the q10, but lack of physical keyboard is the only downside and that's not even really a down since the z30 is pretty awesome!

Posted via CB10
    wehttam likes this.
    12-21-13 08:46 AM
    Can't you edit your apn either way? Or add new ones?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...around-794643/

Posted via CB10
    UPDATE: out of curiosity ive tried it again and it did work this time around..i was able to get to the screen that would enable you to change the apn im running 1.2.1.176 aka STL 100-1.. i will try again later when i have the phone company information to input.. thank you
    12-21-13 10:14 AM
    Prefer the Q10.

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1259 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1259
    12-21-13 10:55 AM
    I am (cough. was?) a huge qwerty fan and love(d) my Q10. I thought I'd try out a Z30 and didn't like it at first. The size transition from a Q10 to a Z30 is huge. It took several days to get used to the Z30.

The Z30 battery is good but it's a pita to use the phone whilst charging it after 15 hours of above moderate use. For my Z10 and Q10 I have the battery bundles.

My negatives for the Z30 are it's not a very private phone in public because it's size after using the Q10. It's not as pocketable as the other BB10's and I have many more typos but I let the recipient deal with those because I enjoy typing faster than I can on my Q10.

I have standard sized hands for a standard sized chap and now find the Z10 keyboard tiny. If you're standard sized I'm sure you'll enjoy it too.

10.2.1 is going to transform this phone for the better as it did my Q10 so I'm keeping it as my main BlackBerry.

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    austriker likes this.
    12-21-13 11:06 AM
    One thing that impresses me with the Q10 is how loud the speaker is, especially the lower frequencies with voice or music. Good for Sat Nav in a noisy car and to hear in a coat pocket etc. Reviews I've read on the Z30 suggest the sound is great but a little too bright or 'tinny'. For those that have used both, how does the sound compare?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree. The Q10 sounds better quality but the Z30 is louder. It seems the first 40% of the Z30's volume doesn't do much.

12-21-13 11:08 AM
    I have both. The Q10 and Z30.

Via my Z30&Q10
    You've qualified !

What's your view ?

12-21-13 11:10 AM
    I am (cough. was?) a huge qwerty fan and love(d) my Q10. I thought I'd try out a Z30 and didn't like it at first. The size transition from a Q10 to a Z30 is huge. It took several days to get used to the Z30.

The Z30 battery is good but it's a pita to use the phone whilst charging it after 15 hours of above moderate use. For my Z10 and Q10 I have the battery bundles.

My negatives for the Z30 are it's not a very private phone in public because it's size after using the Q10. It's not as pocketable as the other BB10's and I have many more typos but I let the recipient deal with those because I enjoy typing faster than I can on my Q10.

I have standard sized hands for a standard sized chap and now find the Z10 keyboard tiny. If you're standard sized I'm sure you'll enjoy it too.

10.2.1 is going to transform this phone for the better as it did my Q10 so I'm keeping it as my main BlackBerry.

I don't have a charging pack but do really like the option of a removable battery. Mostly because in the long term it's the battery that can cut down on the life of a phone (can't replace it!).

Thanks for the insight folks. Keep it coming!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 11:13 AM
    One thing I must say is I LOVED z10s screen. Absolutely adore it. My friend has one and its so, I don't how to see it, but so "un-screeny". It doesn't really feel like a computer screen as much as the z10. It's natural.

I think the "matte" type finish of it looks great. I like it a lot better than the superAMOLED (right?) of the q10. And If I remember right the z30s is like the q10.

Not sure if anyone will get that. But..

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 11:16 AM
    I don't have a charging pack but do really like the option of a removable battery. Mostly because in the long term it's the battery that can cut down on the life of a phone (can't replace it!).

Thanks for the insight folks. Keep it coming!

Posted via CB10
    In the Z30 strip down thread the chap has said the battery can be replaced in 15 minutes.

Where to buy a battery is another question

austriker likes this.
    12-21-13 12:12 PM
    I have both. Haven't touch the Q10 since I got the Z30. Love the screen, battery, and most importantly; battery life.

Posted via CB10
    More or less the same with me. I've had all three devices. The Z30 is the best phone I've owned, ever, and this includes some real dinosaurs all the way up to most of the GSM BlackBerry line from the 7100 on up through 9000, 9900 and then Z10, Q10 and now Z30.

Add the leaked OS (10.2.1.1055 or better) and it's simply a great work experience, super sound (no, really) and that large screen makes even keyboardophiles like Q10 users really happy. It's like the Z10 - but even more screen real estate dedicated to the typing experience.
    12-21-13 12:21 PM
    If the Z10 had the battery life of the Z30 it would be perfect phone for me. I'm now, for my use, sacrificing compactness for better battery life.
    12-21-13 03:02 PM
    My move was from a z10 to the z30...the z30 is a really beautiful work of art..

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 03:16 PM
48 12