Well my phone has been freezing up quite a bit lately so I figured I'd just do a hard reboot to clear up the issue. I've been trying for a few days and all it does is take the screen shot. I keep holding the buttons down anticipating the reboot to take place any second but it doesn't. Has anyone else faced this issue? Solutions? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 11:50 PM
    You can try the simpler, POWER BUTTON and choose Restart and see if that helps. Just keep holding in case - it can take a while

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    darkshin0b11 and Ecm like this.
    10-06-15 12:02 AM
    Oh I was calling the "restart" reboot.... I was able to do that in the past but now it will get as far as the screen shot but won't get to the point of seeing the BlackBerry symbol or the line that circles it signifying the restart... I have the z30 verizon model...

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 07:34 PM
    Did you try pressing the Power Button and then selecting RESTART at the bottom?

I don't know why the Vol up/down are not working for you.

I've got the Verizon model, also.

Since you are posting in CB10, type

myver (then press the spacebar to reveal your OS)
    10-06-15 08:45 PM
    Z30$TA100-3

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 08:50 PM
    That's Z30 STA100-3

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 08:51 PM
    I've tried the power button and then pressing the restart icon but it only remedies the problem for a little while then it freezes back up or has these crazy episodes of what seems to me like hiccups (probably not a real term)

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 08:54 PM
    Sounds defective if you are doing the hard reboot correctly. Please elaborate on how you are doing this. Sounds strange that it wont reboot

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2789
    10-06-15 09:05 PM
    I was asking that you post the OS version which

myver (spacebar will show when posting using the CB10 app)
    10-06-15 10:10 PM
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.858

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 11:08 PM
    I just hold down the volume up and down button at the same time until it takes a screen shot and continue holding but the blackberry symbol never appears... I've held it down for more than a minute and no reboot...

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 11:11 PM
    That's the official OS released by Verizon, I think. I've loaded a slightly newer version from some other carrier.

After a complete back up, you might want to either try reloading that OS using BBLink. Or you could load a different one using an Autoloader but it would wipe the device so make a backup.

I guess we should have asked did you load any new apps, either from BBworld or Android apps lately? Anything other changes you can think of?
    10-06-15 11:31 PM
    I just hold down the volume up and down button at the same time until it takes a screen shot and continue holding but the blackberry symbol never appears... I've held it down for more than a minute and no reboot...

Posted via CB10
    OK, it does sound like you are doing it correctly, but it is odd that it is not performing all the steps.
    This is what is supposed to happen, and the approximate time it takes for each step from time of button press/hold:
    1. Press/Hold Volume UP and Down at same time - @ about two seconds you get screen shot notice.
    2. Continue to hold both buttons down - @ about 10 seconds, the screen shuts off.
    3. Continue to hold both buttons down - @ about 18 seconds, BlackBerry appears on the screen.
    4. Continue to hold both buttons down - @ about 25 seconds, the loading animation starts.
    5. Release both buttons now.

So, try this:
    • Restart the device using the press/hold power button, release button before count down reaches zero and tap Restart.
    • Once it has rebooted back up fully, attempt the reset per above.
    Post the results here.
    If it still doesn't work, I know one more trick to try, but I need to know these results first.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-07-15 10:17 AM
    Did you try just shutting it down and then starting it again? (press and hold the power button until it turns off)

Bring back random taglines!
    10-07-15 03:51 PM
    Yeah that's what I've been doing but the results aren't as good as when I've used the normal reboot method in the past. I'm going to try Grayfox's suggestion shortly. It may seem weird but I've started to think this problem. Coincides with multiple people beginning to follow one of my boards on Pinterest.... that seems to be when this freezing and stuttering problem started

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    10-07-15 06:49 PM
    It's definitely the Pinterest app causing the issue. Using. Pinterest it froze. Tried to reboot with no luck. Powered down half way and attempted a restart. The verizon screen appeared but was frozen. Did a complete power down and restarted it. When it came up my home screen appeared but there was only a ghost image of the Pinterest screen in reduced size. I was able to hit the X to close the app and now my phone is working like normal.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and DaFoxGrey like this.
    10-07-15 09:36 PM
    Davey:

Just a comment. When the phone is forced to restart, sometimes app(s) that were running will show up in that ghostly or faded view. I can only guess that the purpose was to allow you to pick up where you were but that's only my speculation on the process. But if your phone is now acting normal, you probably have found the aberrant app.
    10-07-15 11:57 PM
    Thanks for the follow up -- too many people solve their problem and never report back.

Bring back random taglines!
    10-08-15 09:38 AM