I like the Z10 all-touch screen, and would maybe want a larger screen, and since it looks like BB are not even going to be announcing a new all-touch until April 2015, I was thinking about upgrading to the Z30 since it has a larger screen and more powerful hardware, but I have a few questions about it...

One of the things I liked about the Z10 was the removeable battery. I know the Z30 battery cannout be removed, so

1) What is battery life like on the Z30? It is larger, so does that mean the battery life is longer then the Z10?

2) What kind of warranty is there on the battery? What if the battery decides to stop taking a charge after a year of use?

3) Is BB still manufacturing new Z30's, or have they been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for the past year while the nonremoveable batteries have been deteriorating due to non-use?

4) What about accessories? Will the chargers, bluetooth car attachments, bluetooth speakers, and USB connectors that I use with my Z10 be compatible with the Z30?

5) Are there any known issues with using a Z30 on the AT&T network in the USA? (Assuming that I get the GSM version STL-500, and not the Verizon version of the Z30) There is no mention of the Z30 on the AT&T website. Will things like BBM video and Visual Voicemail work with the Z30 on AT&T?

Any info appreciated, thanks.
    01-12-15 01:31 PM
    I can only answer 1) and 4). The battery life is wayy better than the Z10, get through a day no problem. And yes your Bluetooth and usb accessories will still work.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-12-15 01:47 PM
    Regarding battery life, I just upgraded to z30 after 1.5 years with my Z10. Battery life is wonderful. For the same usage, I had 7 hours with the Z10. I now have more than 22 hours with the Z30. Using Leak 10.3.1.1949.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-12-15 01:53 PM
    Even if you get an unlocked Z30, you will be limited in use of LTE because the specific variant for AT&T was never released. The Verizon model supports some LTE bands on AT&T, but it is largely dependent on what market you are in and what bands are deployed there. There is a frequency map somewhere on the internet, but I seem to have lost the link for it. If you can find it, find out which bands are used in your area and buy the appropriate variant. If you aren't concerned with LTE, then you should be fine with the unlocked GSM, but you give up the wireless charging found only in the Verizon model.
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-12-15 02:14 PM
    I just did that week ago.
    All of your accessories will work.
    Battery, just like above comment: Z10 8 hours, z30 25+.
    Battery can be removed and replaced, check out Ebay. Inexpensive and not difficult.
    Be prepared for dimmer screen - smoky and always grayish, never white. Unlike Z10.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-12-15 03:21 PM
    Your only worry is if you will get lte in your area. Everything else works no problem.
    I have been on Chicago lte. I'm not missing much on 4g only. Signal strength is always full bars for me. Plus I'm around wifi most of the time.
    BlackBerry has a one year warranty on shopblackberry.com.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-13-15 12:14 PM
    I like the Z10 all-touch screen, and would maybe want a larger screen, and since it looks like BB are not even going to be announcing a new all-touch until April 2015
    They're rolling out their new roadmap at Mobile World Congress, which is first week in March. I imagine that will give more clarify on what they are releasing and when,

[QUOTE]
    3) Is BB still manufacturing new Z30's, or have they been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for the past year while the nonremoveable batteries have been deteriorating due to non-use?

I suspect Z30's likely were made in small batches. They were released in that weird interim period between when the Z10 write-down happened, the company was put of for sale and then John Chen took over. It never really got a "big release" like the Z10 or Q10, and I imagine correspondingly, they didn't make that many of them.
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-13-15 12:25 PM
    I never regretted getting my Z30, a Verizon unit that I got from someone that used it on AT&T. Nice thing about the Verizon one is that it supports Qi wireless charging. Though I think it makes it more difficult to find a case that fits well.
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-13-15 12:48 PM
    Don't think just do it. Phenomenal BlackBerry and device. I am on AT&T and the LTE-4G is a non-issue. I 100 percent guarantee you will dig the Z30. It has a whole different level of quality and I really came to like my Z10 after 10.2.1. *Battery longevity aside. Battery with Z30 is excellent. Just do it. Price is unmatched as well.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-13-15 12:52 PM
    I still have three Z10's and one Z30. Same usage, the Z30 battery will normally outlast all three Z10's - combined.

The only time the Z30 runs out of juice is when I don't put it down. I typically always have my phone on me and only charge it at night. My days are about 17 hours without a charge...and I use my phone a lot. More than my laptop.

Bluetooth hasn't been an issue for long time.

HTH

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-13-15 12:59 PM
    I have just migrated from Z10 to Z30 and I am very happy with the change.

Battery lasts about three times longer than the Z10. I am getting an average of 25 hours battery life at the moment with the Z30 (10.3.1.1949). Although the battery is not removable, it will last longer because it will have much less charge cycles than the Z10.

About accesories, you will be able to use the same. I can even use the Z10 charger bundle, but the truth is that I have not needed it anymore because of great battery life of the Z30.

A good change, no doubt.

 Z30 - 10.3.1.1949
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-13-15 01:09 PM
    recently upgraded mine to a Z30.....excellent move!!
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-13-15 01:16 PM
    I upgraded from a z10 to z30 after almost 2 years. The battery is a power house. I use my z10 docking to charge the z30. The speaker is unreal in comparison to the z10. Plus you get the bigger screen. I love it and haven't looked back since the purchase.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-13-15 02:37 PM
    Much the same as a number of folks on here, I swapped my Z10 for a Z30 just a week ago and haven't looked back. The battery life is good, I'm getting around 16-20 hours out of a single charge with reasonable usage, the screen seems brighter and the colours deeper than on the Z10, and the extra screen space makes things a lot easier to use. I'd heartily recommend making the swap.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-13-15 02:57 PM
    I upgraded my, and my wife's, Z10 to a Z30. The Z30 is definitely a notch above the Z10 in several respects, especially the battery. Yes, the battery lasts two to three times longer, easy. Especially with 10.3.1.1949 installed on the phone. I have had busy days on my land line where I sat the Z30 down and did not use it. Twelve to Fourteen hours later, the phone used about 2 to 3 percent of the battery with the new battery saving mode turned on and the phone lying face down. That is leaps and bounds better than I could ever do on the Z10. Also, other posters are right on about the LTE coverage with the 100-5 variant. The 100-5 supports LTE bands 7, 5, and 4. In my area, Portland, OR, AT&T operates on band 17 and therefore I receive no LTE coverage. However, I get five bar 4G coverage everywhere and the phone operates very well with that. The new antenna system in the Z30 actually adds one bar of signal strength over what I had on my AT&T-locked Z10 in a weak signal area. The Z30 adds Miracast, FM radio, a bigger screen, better build quality, and USB on-the-go over the Z10. All of these are, in my opinion, worth the money to upgrade. The only thing you will not be able to do is use the AT&T Address Book for storing and syncing your Contacts. AT&T does not allow unlocked phones to use that service and they specifically do not support the Z30. Trust me, I have had long conversations with their supervisors about that very issue. I had to move all of my Contact information to GMail Contacts and set up a GMail account on my new Z30's. Worked like a charm and now does everything that the AT&T Address book did. So, no big issue there. Enjoy you new Z30, if you choose to buy one. My wife and I sure did. I would, whole heartedly recommend the Z30 for use on AT&T here in America.
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-13-15 03:01 PM
    i do screen by screen comparison with the z10 and z30 and everyone says the z30 has the better screen.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-13-15 05:31 PM
    My daughter and I both had the Z30 and the battery easily lasted the day with moderate to heavy usage. Was very impressed with the battery life. You get a 1 year warranty with your phone so if anything goes wrong in that time it's covered. Your bluetooth accessories should work with your phone. Not sure what your chargers are rated at for the Z10 but the Z30 is 850 mA. You can use a different amp charger, it will either charge slower or faster. As for # 3,5 not sure. It really is a good phone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by marzfreerider; 01-14-15 at 04:47 AM.
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-14-15 04:35 AM
    After a year of use, I swapped my beloved Z10 for the Z30. I immediately loaded 10.3.1.1154. At first I thought the battery life on the Z30 was overrated. It lasted me only slightly more than the Z10. How's, after a few days of use, the battery life increased dramatically. I used to go through one battery change a day for the Z10 but no more! Here's a snapshot of my battery life :

Had Z10 for almost two years, thinking of upgrading to Z30, have a few questions...-img_20150113_195307.png

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-14-15 05:03 AM
    For Verizon Z30 users, are you having the call connection and wifi connection issues? I'm supposed for upgrade to the Z30 this weekend. I know I'll want to upgrade the OS immediately. Is there a 10.3.1.xxxx that is working best? Thanks!

VZW Z10 on 10.3.1.1949
    01-15-15 09:27 AM
    1) What is battery life like on the Z30? It is larger, so does that mean the battery life is longer then the Z10?
    2) What kind of warranty is there on the battery? What if the battery decides to stop taking a charge after a year of use?
    4) What about accessories? Will the chargers, bluetooth car attachments, bluetooth speakers, and USB connectors that I use with my Z10 be compatible with the Z30?
    5) Are there any known issues with using a Z30 on the AT&T network in the USA? (Assuming that I get the GSM version STL-500, and not the Verizon version of the Z30) There is no mention of the Z30 on the AT&T website. Will things like BBM video and Visual Voicemail work with the Z30 on AT&T?
    Any info appreciated, thanks.
    1. The battery life is way better. I could usually go all day with the Z10, but can sometimes go two days on the Z30.
    2. Smartphone battery warranty? What? Is there such a thing?
    3. Don't know. Didn't look. Maybe later.
    4. If Bluetooth and USB works with one, it works with the other. In fact, all my Z10 stuff - BB Music Gatewary, BB portable stereo speaker, my car, battery charger, also work with my wife's Lumia 925.
    5. STA1000-5 (LTE 4,5,7,) works in Austin, Texas on 4G, as AT&T LTE is on band 17 in Austin. That's their main band. some large metropolitan areas (e.g. Chicago) they use band 4 Depending on where you live, you'll get 4G or LTE. There are several threads about this.
    cbzeduser likes this.
    01-15-15 09:53 AM