Look up on Blackberry Virtual Expert. It's an app available in BlackBerry World to monitor your device's health. It has part where you can check your battery's health. For some phone it is pre-installed.

Z3STJ100-1/10.2.1.3412

Attachment 325112

Posted via CB10
    This or just backup and reload a carrier version of 10.2.1 via autoloader. Don't put any apps on the phone or reload your backup. Just use the phone like that for a 24hr to 48hr period and see what your battery life is like. If you're still getting horrible battery life with more or less a stock OS, then the phone and or battery are defective and you should utilize your warranty.

This method is a sure fire test. Any other suggestions are the equivalent of trying to figure out why windows on your PC sometimes freezes. No one does that, they just restart there computer and get back to business!

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-03-15 04:02 PM
    Attachment 325025

Posted via My Gorgeous white Z30
    Your Device Monitor shows display having the highest consumption…

As for the 12 hour battery life, I meant that with an obvious heavy app or issue causing the drain, it shows the battery is healthy to last that long.Once we solve the issue the phone will be up to 25+ of mixed use and "probably" doesn't need replacing.
    Last edited by m3mb3rsh1p; 01-03-15 at 04:22 PM.
    01-03-15 04:04 PM
    I have 65% with 5 hrs left so I will post the next battery drain I applied the options that were given so I'll see if there was a difference

01-03-15 05:34 PM
    I have 65% with 5 hrs left so I will post the next battery drain I applied the options that were given so I'll see if there was a difference

Just a reminder

1. You have a lot of applications running in the background
    Do you actually use these apps? Like ultimate backup, phonetap, hub++ or whatsapp?
    If not, either uninstalll them
    or if you don't want to uninstalll
    go to settings > app manager or security > app permissions
    And disable run in background for all apps that you don't use

Restart the phone afterwards

Ten minutes after restart, checking device monitor should show system cpu usage settled around 5% and pim etc should be idle or close to it

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-03-15 05:48 PM
    IF YOU EVER LET YOUR BATTER HIT 0 %

It loss's its ability to hold charge.

Example. Your batter say has 2500mah juice. After first zero percent
    it can then only hold 2400mah

next zero

2200mah

etc until it goes to a very low 1700mah or half its original capacity.

That is the only way to hurt Li-ion.

Ni batteries were opposite back in the day. It was best to drain them full then fill them up to preserve the battery.
    mralxak likes this.
    01-03-15 06:48 PM
    any updates yet?

i have an STA-100-2 apart from the SQW-100-1 passport. i use them all. i always keep both phones not too busy by selecting which apps are on the top priority of my list (therefore, giving them a FULL access to the phone e.g. background processes etc) and to shut any apps after i've used them. my STA-2 (in average) is good enough to carry on from 7AM-11PM with about 25% juice left (90% on H+, 10% on wifi, several phone calls, few browsing pages, BBM/WhatsApp/iGrann, emails are all pushing on IMAP + sync, contacts sync every 4 hours, no android apps installed, screen brightness is kept at 50% and i'm in Indonesia, where the network congestion is still an issue for us).

so yeah, you should check your apps behaviour, your PIM behaviour (sync timeframe, sync time etc) and perhaps other things e.g. your WhatsApp, your screen brightness and other thing is, your sim card condition.
    01-03-15 07:05 PM
    He's using that whatScrapp app

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    01-03-15 08:22 PM
    I use Whatsapp a lot and I get battery life of around 14-16 hours... I use a lot compared to my friends...
    Will try the battery saver mode if it helps in any way!

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1949
    01-03-15 08:39 PM
    You may want to turn down your brightness of the screen as well. I turn it down to the lowest and it's still more than adequate

Posted with CB10 on Z30
    01-03-15 08:57 PM
    IF YOU EVER LET YOUR BATTER HIT 0 %

It loss's its ability to hold charge.

Example. Your batter say has 2500mah juice. After first zero percent
    it can then only hold 2400mah

next zero

2200mah

etc until it goes to a very low 1700mah or half its original capacity.

That is the only way to hurt Li-ion.

Ni batteries were opposite back in the day. It was best to drain them full then fill them up to preserve the battery.
    sure, lower depth of discharges alleviate stress on a Lithium Ion battery, but to randomly say random numbers and fabricate something about reduced capacity is just plain incorrect.

plus, today's lithium ion batteries are designed hand in hand with the phone hardware to never let a battery completely discharge. when your phone reaches zero, the battery still has energy in it, it's just switched internally to prevent a total discharge.

a depth of discharge of 100 percent can reduce the discharge cycles by half, but it's very, very, very difficult to get a lithium ion battery to 0 percent in a modern electronic.

Now, for the original posters issues:

1, I don't think your PIM services are at a problematic percentage (mine are at 8.8 right now with 1 day and 1 hour of predicted battery life left at 94 percent)

2, system could be a bit lower.

3, that ultimate backup software seems to be a bit of an issue. I'd suggest deleting it. WhatsApp can also murder a battery, but if it's what you like to do, then so be it.

4, what service are you receiving at your location when your battery life is horrible? are you stick with 4G? Is the phone set to sniff for LTE signal?
    JORENO likes this.
    01-03-15 09:16 PM
    It stays on 4GLTE most of the time. It won't allow me to manually set it

01-03-15 09:39 PM
    Mind posting a pic of your current cpu usage again?
    Wait 5 seconds after switching to the CPU tab before taking the screenshot

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-03-15 10:21 PM

This could be the culprit.

A few weeks ago in another thread I suggested you to set it to 2G or 3G only, and you said you can't. I did not understand it, but a few days ago I read someone's post that his network mode setting also has only 4G. I think he is with AT&T.

4G network consumes more battery.

Posted via CB10 on Z30/10.3.1.1949
    01-03-15 11:00 PM
    or if the phone is searching for an LTE signal in an area where there is none, that can do it, as well.
    01-03-15 11:57 PM
    Everyone's given sound advice here as far as troubleshooting this issue as some of your stats definitely don't look right. I understand that troubleshooting will be definitely inconvenient but I think for the sake of all here helping the best thing to do would be to:

- uninstall any apps that you've installed since you got the phone
    - delete any email account you currently have configured
    - Reboot your phone

Then just give it 24 hours to see if you're still getting the battery drain. I'd even as a control just leave it somewhere where you get good reception in your home and don't touch it. If it's still happening then you can maybe think about restoring clean copy of the OS and doing a final test but I would do the first 3 steps I mentioned with the 24 hour wait and then report back here for next steps. The battery life for a Z30 should be amazing....
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-04-15 12:29 AM

Have you tried it on Global? Sometimes when I'm in a basement of a building my phone starts searching for LTE and I have to switch to Global. Are you on Verizon? My phone tried to install a Verizon Cloud App once, I noticed that it wanted to run continuously in the background, didn't allow it. The Icon resemble the one for your Ultimate Backup Icon.
    01-04-15 12:33 AM

That was my point from couple of hours ago that you ignored. Unfortunately there is not much hope in improving your battery life unless you turn your data services off. Try and see. Leave it on Wifi Only. Test it and come back.
    If it improves than your only choice would be to install a non ATT os to gain access to mode selectors (2g, 3g, 4g).
    01-04-15 01:43 AM
    Whatsapp used. 7% on my phone today and I chatted all day. I can't fathom that much texting with it. I never open whatsapp, just use if from the hub if that matters.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 01:50 AM
    +1. Conrite's posts have helped me, too

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1 waiting for 10.3.x
    01-04-15 02:38 AM
    Whatsapp used. 7% on my phone today and I chatted all day. I can't fathom that much texting with it. I never open whatsapp, just use if from the hub if that matters.

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand that whatsapp reading you would think I'm on the thing all day which is not the case

01-04-15 10:05 AM
    If it is in fact a bad battery, it is not too difficult to change. It's a pain but not too difficult. Just need a torx screwdriver set. The video by JC revealed it in his z30 display repair video.

As someone mentioned, battery losing charge at 0 percent multiple times can have an effect.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:06 AM
    By the way, too many headless apps really bog down the system. Whatsapp is one of them. But there are many apps you would not expect to run constantly in the background too. Those are the apps you need to decide if they are important enough to sacrifice battery. I must admit, I expected to see a lot of Android runtime eating the battery but I did not. That was my culprit for about a week.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:10 AM
    I'm actually thinking back battery as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:15 AM
    I think we need to restart this troubleshooting session. As someone mentioned, the best thing is to clear the device, finish activation ONLY (tutorials, BlackBerry ID, Wi Fi) i.e. no apps, no settings changes and leave it where there's full bars doing nothing for 5 hours.

If Device Monitor still looks like the one OP posted below then surely they must return the device.

Attachment 325025

Note, however that display is at the top so, somehow the screen is on without their knowledge.

If you have an autoloader it might be faster than security wipe.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-04-15 10:29 AM
    Sigh. I already did the whole security wipe thing. I can't do without my phone for 24 hrs I don't have a backup. I left it idle for 2 hrs and lost 10 percent of battery. Maybe if soccer was on all day I could go 24 hrs

01-04-15 12:21 PM
117 12345