I have a couple websites on my home screen that I access that open to a blank screen in the browsers, but from that blank screen I can open them in Private Browser. I am then required to enter username/password every time, instead of getting immediate access. Is there a way to grant permissions so that i can open them direct from home screen? I am new to the site (as a user, at least!), but have searched and can't find any answers. Z30, 10.3.2.2474. Same problem existed before the software update.
    09-24-15 09:43 AM
    Can you tell us at least one of the affected sites that doesn't open?
    09-24-15 10:14 AM
    Sorry, I am too new to post a link.
    matrix.crebtools.com is one of them.
    09-24-15 10:28 AM
    i have no issue here sounds like connectivity issue, I am on wifi, have not tried on 3G yet
    09-24-15 10:40 AM
    I get to the site (with a blank page), but it wont take me to the password page unless I go private. Is the same on wifi or 4g.
    09-24-15 10:42 AM
    It probably won't help in your case, but usually the first thing to try when there are differences between private and normal modes is to clear the browser history and cache.
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-24-15 11:34 AM
    THanks, i tried that. By switching back and forth from private to public, i have it so i can use the home page icon to get through the login stage, and then switching to private gets me in. Two steps instead of one, but better. I just wondered if I could somehow grant permission to that private page, but can't see it. I see in lots of forums a spot to turn private browser off, which doesn't exist on my device. perhaps that was in an earlier release.
    09-24-15 11:37 AM
    I'm still on 10.3.1 ATM for one reason or another, and on it you turn private browsing on and off from the settings. In 10.3.2 they moved it out of settings to make it more accessible.

The website you mention works for me - I get to the login page immediately. The link does redirect to clarityitsolutions or something. Have you tried deleting the homepage link and recreating it with the new URL in case that makes any difference.

I'm pulling at straws here.
    09-24-15 12:23 PM
    Desktop mode ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639

WiFi

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    09-24-15 12:49 PM
    I am trying to get the already completed login page to come up initially from the home page icon. Perhaps what I have got (above) is as far as I can get. There is no way to add permissions somewhere separate?
    09-24-15 02:20 PM
    I am trying to get the already completed login page to come up initially from the home page icon. Perhaps what I have got (above) is as far as I can get. There is no way to add permissions somewhere separate?
    Ah, OK. I have noticed on some websites that the BB browser will ask if I want to save login information, so it has this capability even if it is not configurable. The saving of web form information like login and password is something that can be controlled by the web developer. Obviously is has been disabled by this matrix... website. If you try logging into Crackberry from the browser, you should get the browser save login prompt.
    09-24-15 03:22 PM
    I can log in and save password in an icon on an Ipad, and it works on my wife's iPhone as well. The completed log in screen I can get to now by going back to browser from private after entering the info, and save that as an icon. When I click on it, I then have to go to private again for it to function. Long confusing story, but it is just two steps now rather than one. I hoped to get to one by either shutting off the private browser, or figuring out how to provide permission somehow in the private. Thanks everyone for your contributions... I just may want something I can't have on this device. Not the end of the world.
    09-24-15 04:24 PM