Hello All

The GPS on my phone just stopped working and I don't know why. I haven't made any changes to my phone that would have this effect on Maps.

GPS Failed To Work Before And After OS Update-img_20160102_204625.png

GPS Failed To Work Before And After OS Update-img_20160102_204309.png

Holding it to the sky does nothing at all.

I checked application permission section

Temporarily disabled the three settings
    GPS Failed To Work Before And After OS Update-img_20160102_204944.png

Then re-enabled the settings
    GPS Failed To Work Before And After OS Update-img_20160102_204936.png

Which had no effect at all I'm unsure what to do at this point. If there any other solutions that I may have missed or over looked let me know please

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 07:56 PM
    Hi, download HelloGPS from BBW and see whether your phone received signal from the satellites.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    01-02-16 10:53 PM
    BB Virtual Expert has a test for gps, I believe. And you do have it in a clear open spot where there is a good view of the sky?

Also, you should try a reboot.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above

If that fails and other advice does not help, you might want to try reloading the OS using BBLink or perhaps and Autoloader (it removes all data from the phone).
    01-03-16 12:28 AM
    Be careful F2, you'll be getting the same reputation as Rootbrian with all this pasting. Haha.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2474 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    01-03-16 09:24 AM
    Be careful F2, you'll be getting the same reputation as Rootbrian with all this pasting. Haha.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2474 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    Whoops! Then I should not have replied here and in the thread where YOU comment that Flash is dead.

And maybe I don't read as much as I post - what/why/where is this Rootbrian issue?

And if it weren't so friggin cold in the mountains, I'd be out cross-country skiing rather than posting here.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-03-16 11:13 AM
    Hi, download HelloGPS from BBW and see whether your phone received signal from the satellites.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Didn't like this app setup and I couldn't find the voice feature so I just deleted it.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 09:22 PM
    BB Virtual Expert has a test for gps, I believe. And you do have it in a clear open spot where there is a good view of the sky?

Also, you should try a reboot.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above

If that fails and other advice does not help, you might want to try reloading the OS using BBLink or perhaps and Autoloader (it removes all data from the phone).
    I tired that and it didn't work and I'm on BlackBerry Z30

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 09:32 PM
    I am using an app called waze the BlackBerry version which worked horribly. Things took forever to load or features didn't work at all. So I got the android version which has worked a little better than the BlackBerry version.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 09:34 PM
    Didn't like this app setup and I couldn't find the voice feature so I just deleted it.

Posted via CB10
    The suggestion to try HelloGPS was not to use it as an everyday app.
    It was suggested because it can display very quickly whether or not the device is receiving satellite positioning data, even to the point of showing a map of satellite locations relative to your device and their signal strengths.
    If HelloGPS cant pull in GPS data, then there is certainly something wrong with your device.

Here is a screen shot of HelloGPS running on my Z30, inside of a steel building.
    The red numbers are satellites detected, the blue numbers are ones my device is received GPS signals from, the yellow bars are the strengths.
    It only took 5 seconds to get a location lock.
    GPS Failed To Work Before And After OS Update-4yakfh1.png
    01-04-16 06:36 AM
    I just want a simple straight forward GPS system; I enter in a location the route is calculated the go. I should have been more clear in my original post, but Maps is pretty much what I needed.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 07:59 PM
    I think we are going around in circles (not due to the gps errors!!!). Have you run the tests suggested. Hellogps? BB Virtual Expert? They will show if the gps is working or not? We are trying to help you ascertain if the gps is even working, never mind the Maps app at the moment.

Do you recall when it stopped working? Did you install any new apps, either native, paid, free or Android? Did you run an update for the OS?
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-04-16 09:58 PM
    I think we are going around in circles (not due to the gps errors!!!). Have you run the tests suggested. Hellogps? BB Virtual Expert? They will show if the gps is working or not? We are trying to help you ascertain if the gps is even working, never mind the Maps app at the moment.

Do you recall when it stopped working? Did you install any new apps, either native, paid, free or Android? Did you run an update for the OS?
    I don't know how to test if my GPS with HelloGPS or BB Virtual Expert. I would say mid December I noticed it not working properly... the only new app I got was screenshot share which was one of the free give away apps from BBW.... I did mention in the post title the issue occurred before and after update

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 11:51 AM
    I don't know how to test if my GPS with HelloGPS or BB Virtual Expert. I would say mid December I noticed it not working properly... the only new app I got was screenshot share which was one of the free give away apps from BBW.... I did mention in the post title the issue occurred before and after update

Posted via CB10
    It's easy, for HelloGPS:
    • Install HelloGPS, accept the default permissions.
    • Go outside.
    • Run the app.
    Compare what you see on the screen to the image I posted above.
    If you get a screen where the numbers do not populate into or stay in place in the the sky rings, the signals bars do not show above the numbers below the sky rings, and you do not get a longitude and latitude coordinates below the Time and Date at the bottom of the screen, your GPS isn't working.
    It should only take a few seconds to either get a GPS lock or to confirm that the GPS hardware/system on your Z30 is bad.

For BBVE:
    • Install the app, accept the default permissions.
    • Go outside.
    • Run BBVE.
    • At the bottom center, tap Tests.
    • Tap "Choose a Test"
    • Scroll to GPS and tap it.
    • The test will immediately begin, it will say "Scanning for Satellites..."
    If it doesn't pick up any satellites within a few seconds, the GPS hardware/system has Failed. If it does, it will display the number of satellites and the strength of each, it Passes the test.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-05-16 12:54 PM