Hey guys,

I got my Z10 last year in February. I was happy with it except the battery life wasn't great. It got better with each update but still not what it should be.
    I had my eyes on the Z30 when it came out. But I wasn't a big fan of large screens. So I sticked with my Z10. Really love it, still do btw.
    But I kept reading good stuff about the Z30 from crackberry members and also from reviews like the one Daddoes Dan did. So I was tempted again but then there were rumours about a new flagship BlackBerry. I said to myself that's the one you want.
    So I held out again from the Z30 until this Monday I had a chance on a great deal for the Z30. I couldn't resist so I got it this afternoon.

And let me tell you guys I haven't regretted my decision. This phone is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 06:47 PM
    ... I couldn't resist so I got it this afternoon.

And let me tell you guys I haven't regretted my decision. This phone is amazing.
    We know!
    Welcome to Team Z30.
    iN10Se likes this.
    03-12-14 06:53 PM
    I had the same reservations, ended up with the same results
    03-12-14 06:55 PM
    You will be amazed how quickly the Z10 feels "small", and when you see beside an iPhone the Z10 is noticeably larger. Makes me wonder how people type on things things.
    toobs623 likes this.
    03-12-14 06:55 PM
    I'm the same. Got my Z10 last Feb, and loved it, but once my year long contract was up I thought I'd try the Z30. My problem was finding one to buy! Only places I could find one was carphone warehouse or Vodafone. Unfortunately I couldn't get one from cpwh on anything less than a 2 year contract, and don't want to go to Vodafone, terrible signal.

Found a new Z30 on ebay for �330 which seemed a good deal (cpwh still want �480 sim free) so I ordered it! Arrived yesterday Now I can call EE tomorrow and change to a cheap monthly plan (last week they offered me �18/month for unlimited calls and texts and 5gb data).

Phone is great so far, I can just about type one handed and my one worry about the screen not being bright enough (also have a q10 which is TERRIBLE outside in sunlight) has proven unfounded. I'm just annoyed that most of the EA games I had on my Z10 won't work on the 30, which is stupid.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:19 PM
    Hey guys,

I got my Z10 last year in February. I was happy with it except the battery life wasn't great. It got better with each update but still not what it should be.
    I had my eyes on the Z30 when it came out. But I wasn't a big fan of large screens. So I sticked with my Z10. Really love it, still do btw.
    But I kept reading good stuff about the Z30 from crackberry members and also from reviews like the one Daddoes Dan did. So I was tempted again but then there were rumours about a new flagship BlackBerry. I said to myself that's the one you want.
    So I held out again from the Z30 until this Monday I had a chance on a great deal for the Z30. I couldn't resist so I got it this afternoon.

Posted via CB10
    I am following the exact same path as you. I placed my order last night. It's encouraging to hear you're happy with your purchase. I hope to have the same reaction (I'm sure I will).

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-12-14 07:30 PM
    I'm the same. Got my Z10 last Feb, and loved it, but once my year long contract was up I thought I'd try the Z30. My problem was finding one to buy! Only places I could find one was carphone warehouse or Vodafone. Unfortunately I couldn't get one from cpwh on anything less than a 2 year contract, and don't want to go to Vodafone, terrible signal.

Found a new Z30 on ebay for �330 which seemed a good deal (cpwh still want �480 sim free) so I ordered it! Arrived yesterday Now I can call EE tomorrow and change to a cheap monthly plan (last week they offered me �18/month for unlimited calls and texts and 5gb data).

Phone is great so far, I can just about type one handed and my one worry about the screen not being bright enough (also have a q10 which is TERRIBLE outside in sunlight) has proven unfounded. I'm just annoyed that most of the EA games I had on my Z10 won't work on the 30, which is stupid.

Posted via CB10
    That is the one thing I feel the Z30 lacks sometimes is some of the game apps available on Z10. But I think there is even less available on the Q-Series devices.
    03-12-14 08:07 PM
    I am following the exact same path as you. I placed my order last night. It's encouraging to hear you're happy with your purchase. I hope to have the same reaction (I'm sure I will).

Posted via CB10
    I hope so, got my fingers crossed for you. The Z30 feels good in your hand. Typing on it is even easier than on the Z10. The quality of the screen is also really good.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 01:40 AM
    Welcome to the club (wisers clap in the background)

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    Delil and nick13b like this.
    03-13-14 01:42 AM
    That is the one thing I feel the Z30 lacks sometimes is some of the game apps available on Z10. But I think there is even less available on the Q-Series devices.
    My games from the Z10 just transferred over when I restored my backup to the 30. I hadn't noticed there are less games or anything.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 01:42 AM
    Got my Z30 since two weeks ego. Good phone, great battery life, screen brightness not good enough though, but acceptable. And just could download about anything app from Android.
    So pleased with it.

Posted via CB with my brand new Z30
    03-13-14 04:33 AM
    Also the android apps load much faster and are snappier on the 30.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:08 AM
    Also the android apps load much faster and are snappier on the 30.

Posted via CB10
    That's for sure. Not as fast as native, but still pretty quick. BB got this phone right. I have phones for every other OS, but I don't carry them anymore. The Z30 is the best phone out there right now.
    03-13-14 07:25 AM
    If you have miracast and use it, it is even more awesome. Lots of cool stuff in it.
    03-13-14 07:33 AM
    I tried miracast on my Samsung ue46F8000 smart TV and I know exactly what you mean

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Delil; 03-13-14 at 08:18 AM.
    03-13-14 07:50 AM
    I used Miracast with my telly last night, clever stuff..... definitely one up on iphones!

Posted via CB10
    nick13b likes this.
    03-13-14 07:53 AM
    My games from the Z10 just transferred over when I restored my backup to the 30. I hadn't noticed there are less games or anything.

Posted via CB10
    Never thought of just trying to transfer the games. I have a few games on the Z10 I would like on the Z30.

A lot of games on App World don't show up as available for the Z30. A recent example is many of the games offered for free by EA not too long ago.
    03-13-14 08:42 AM
    Never thought of just trying to transfer the games. I have a few games on the Z10 I would like on the Z30.

A lot of games on App World don't show up as available for the Z30. A recent example is many of the games offered for free by EA not too long ago.
    Yeah, backing up your app data from the 10 and restoring to the 30 will work, it's just unfortunate that EA hasn't updated the apps when, from what I understand, it should be very easy to do.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 08:59 AM
    Yeah, backing up your app data from the 10 and restoring to the 30 will work, it's just unfortunate that EA hasn't updated the apps when, from what I understand, it should be very easy to do.

Posted via CB10
    Can I backup only certain apps I want to change over?

My Z10 is for work and Z30 for personal use. I don't want emails, etc. Trying to switch over.
    03-13-14 09:04 AM
    Can I backup only certain apps I want to change over?

My Z10 is for work and Z30 for personal use. I don't want emails, etc. Trying to switch over.
    Emails, etc are held in the settings backup. Unfortunately right now you can't pick and choose the apps to backup and restore.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 10:42 AM
    Hey guys,

Posted via CB10
    I've been looking for a great deal on a Z30 also. Care to share who had the "great deal", and would it be something someone in the US could take advantage of?

Thanks!
    03-13-14 11:00 AM
    It was in a store in Belgium. It was returned by a customer after a week. Was still BNIB and I got it for a good price as in 380? simlock free. So a 35% reduction from the original 599? price.
    For me that's a good deal

If I'm not mistaken the European frequencies for mobile phones don't correspond to the ones in the US. Hence the production of different versions of the BB10 phones in each series.

So I wouldn't get a European version if I were you.

Posted with my dirty thirty!
    03-13-14 11:28 AM
    Congrats on the purchase. I got mine last week and I can't put it down. 10.2.1 is just so awesome.

I wish my TV had Miracast though...

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 12:33 PM
    I am a avid keyboard Blackberry user. I have been using my Z30 for about a week and still have my Q10 if I decide to go back. I'm still having issues flicking words when typing but hopefully will bet better as I need to type a lot for work. I cannot even look at my Q10 screen anymore as it looks 1" wide. By the time I go to bed at night I am still 50-60% battery remaining. Phenomenal.
    03-13-14 12:40 PM
    Same, can't put it down either. It's like glued to my hand. Haha

Posted with my dirty thirty!
    FMB8900 likes this.
    03-13-14 12:41 PM
34 12