I've been using a Priv for about a month and have certainly come to appreciate even more BB10 on my Z30. The Z30 is almost the perfect size for me, it balances so nicely in my hands. And typing is effortless. I also miss the ability to assign specific notifications to contacts for different apps. The hub on the Priv has come a long way thanks to the amazing efforts of the BlackBerry team, but some features are still missing; that being said, some features are on the Android Hub that aren't on BB10.
    When people talk about the app gap, they don't mention that bb10 already has so much baked in the OS that some apps aren't needed.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 12:24 PM
    Yeh. Am still hanging onto my Z30. It took a while to get the contact custom notifications come to the BB10. This is something I can't do without. I like baked in featured also, better than using apps. Will stick with Z30 till it dies.
    gebco likes this.
    08-07-16 02:13 PM
    I've got a LG nexus that I've been playing around with and downloaded all the BlackBerry apps to see how it compares to my z30. While android has some undeniable advantages I'm no where near as quick and efficient on it as I am on my z30.
    This is probably due to me being much more familiar with the BlackBerry UI and only needing a few extra apps other than the stock ones.
    I'm looking forward to see how the BlackBerry does with Android in the future, maybe at some point I can jump ship if necessary. But for now sorry no sale.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 03:01 PM
    This may sound daft, but how will I cope without bedside mode and a decent file manager.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    08-07-16 07:30 PM
    I miss the blue tooth conductivity compare to my Z10

HA! I got a Priv
    08-07-16 07:31 PM
    Yeh. Am still hanging onto my Z30. It took a while to get the contact custom notifications come to the BB10. This is something I can't do without. I like baked in featured also, better than using apps. Will stick with Z30 till it dies.
    I liked my z30 a lot too but guys you do know you can customize the crap out of contacts with the right app right? The only thing I haven't been able to customize like I want is bbm. Everything else is just like I want it

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-07-16 08:25 PM
    This may sound daft, but how will I cope without bedside mode and a decent file manager.

Lol there's a thread on how to just about mimic bedside mode on the priv. I never used it so didn't read it but I know I saw the thread

08-07-16 08:26 PM

With Marshmallow there is a do not disturb mode you can activate until the next alarm. It is an extra step or two but it works. As for file manager, there are many recommendations. I use Asus File Manager and quite like it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-07-16 08:32 PM
    The only thing I haven't been able to customize like I want is bbm. Everything else is just like I want it

Which is one of the drawbacks for me as I use BBM a lot.

08-07-16 08:34 PM
    I miss the blue tooth conductivity compare to my Z10

HA! I got a Priv
    In what way? My Priv seems fine in that regard.

08-07-16 08:35 PM
    In what way? My Priv seems fine in that regard.

Mine won't connect promptly or steady for some reason

HA! I got a Priv
    08-08-16 10:42 AM
    Thanks for posting this thread. It is great to be able to read opinions written by people who loved and used bb10. I can't stand the fanatical opinions of people who have never given bb10 a fair chance and knock it before really using it.

My hubby and I will likely need to buy new phones sooner than later and we both love bb10. Of course we are researching the PRIV and (hate to admit) iPhone but ideally would rather stay with BlackBerry.

I jumped on board with a Z10 a couple months after launch and have loved bb10 ever since. I am thrilled with my Z30 but battery life is waning and it has started to freeze at times.

I have an iPad Air and am far from thrilled by it, miss my Playbook though. I also had a Samsung tablet and hated it. All these lack-lustre experiences with iOS and android have me afraid to make the leap over to the PRIV.

I guess I will wait for more die-hard BlackBerry users to express various opinions about the PRIV before deciding.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post various experiences.
    Pcmx likes this.
    08-08-16 06:14 PM
    Thanks for posting this thread. It is great to be able to read opinions written by people who loved and used bb10. I can't stand the fanatical opinions of people who have never given bb10 a fair chance and knock it before really using it.

My hubby and I will likely need to buy new phones sooner than later and we both love bb10. Of course we are researching the PRIV and (hate to admit) iPhone but ideally would rather stay with BlackBerry.

I jumped on board with a Z10 a couple months after launch and have loved bb10 ever since. I am thrilled with my Z30 but battery life is waning and it has started to freeze at times.

I have an iPad Air and am far from thrilled by it, miss my Playbook though. I also had a Samsung tablet and hated it. All these lack-lustre experiences with iOS and android have me afraid to make the leap over to the PRIV.

I guess I will wait for more die-hard BlackBerry users to express various opinions about the PRIV before deciding.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post various experiences.
    Tell me what you like about BB10 and your Z30 and I'll let you know how it compares to the Priv.

BBeast likes this.
    08-08-16 06:53 PM
    The most important is how email is handled. I need to keep as many emails as possible, in chronological order and I hate having to switch to a different folder to see sent emails or drafts.

I hate on my iPad how emails appear in conversations when searching, I often have trouble finding what I want in chronological order.

I love being able to easily "select more" when I want to delete multiple emails at once.

I can't stand that on my iPad I cannot save I file with a name or in a particular place. I have 1500+ pictures and like to be able to save them in various places.

I love the predictive text, it is so accurate. I also love to be able to flick the predicted word up. I love the keyboard setup with @ showing on the standard keyboard.

I love the long press for capital letters and for all caps.

I love that if I start typing and it auto corrects a word, but chooses the wrong word, I go back one or two spaces and it goes back to the word I had been typing. Not sure if I explained that clearly.

I love the micro sd card to expand memory.

I love that I can assign functions to the physical button.

I love how easy it is to switch between apps without closing and just using gestures not home buttons.

I love the gestures.

I love the quick settings menu. I love being able to choose what I want to put in the quick settings menu.

I love being able to easily change notifications settings.

I LOVE THE HUB!

Love the security of course.

I use my z30 as an alarm clock so I use bedside mode daily.

I can't think of more right now but I'm sure more will come to me as I get frustrated by my iPad.
    barbarianthemadserb and Pcmx like this.
    08-08-16 09:07 PM
    The most important is how email is handled. I need to keep as many emails as possible, in chronological order and I hate having to switch to a different folder to see sent emails or drafts.

I hate on my iPad how emails appear in conversations when searching, I often have trouble finding what I want in chronological order.

I love being able to easily "select more" when I want to delete multiple emails at once.

I can't stand that on my iPad I cannot save I file with a name or in a particular place. I have 1500+ pictures and like to be able to save them in various places.

I love the predictive text, it is so accurate. I also love to be able to flick the predicted word up. I love the keyboard setup with @ showing on the standard keyboard.

I love the long press for capital letters and for all caps.

I love that if I start typing and it auto corrects a word, but chooses the wrong word, I go back one or two spaces and it goes back to the word I had been typing. Not sure if I explained that clearly.

I love the micro sd card to expand memory.

I love that I can assign functions to the physical button.

I love how easy it is to switch between apps without closing and just using gestures not home buttons.

I love the gestures.

I love the quick settings menu. I love being able to choose what I want to put in the quick settings menu.

I love being able to easily change notifications settings.

I LOVE THE HUB!

Love the security of course.

I use my z30 as an alarm clock so I use bedside mode daily.

I can't think of more right now but I'm sure more will come to me as I get frustrated by my iPad.
    I'll do my best to answer. I appreciate the same things in the Z30 as you. The Hub on the Priv is quite good now. On the iPad I'm pretty sure you can choose whether or not to have conversation view. It is the same with the Priv. To select more emails on the Priv you don't get a side menu, rather you long press one email then tap others you want to choose. It's a bit faster that way. There are a couple of features missing from the Priv but the folks at BlackBerry are working on it all the time.

The keyboard on the Priv seems similar to my Z30. Predictive text is great as is autocorrect. On the physical keyboard I have shortcuts for Twitter, Password Keeper and Facebook.

The Priv can accept SD cards as well.

Gestures are not like on the Z30. That is where in my opinion BlackBerry 10 flows better. But your get used to working with the gestures in Android.

On the Priv you cannot (as far as I have found) change the quick settings drop down menu. Notifications are not as robust on the Priv. You can do sounds and led per app or account, but not per contact, although I'm sure there is an app for that whereas it is baked into BlackBerry 10.

There is no bedside mode per se, but the same thing can be accomplished with a couple more gestures and settings.

In the end, although I miss a lot from my Z30, I appreciate what BlackBerry has done to Android and I really like the fact that apps just work.

08-08-16 09:52 PM
    True that the Priv and now the DTEK will never have the complete BlackBerry experience but we have to support our preference to ensure that they continue to evolve and do release a new BlackBerry OS phone.

In the meantime, the reality is that they have diversified and resulted in 2 quality phone experiences.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 03:53 PM
    True that the Priv and now the DTEK will never have the complete BlackBerry experience but we have to support our preference to ensure that they continue to evolve and do release a new BlackBerry OS phone.

In the meantime, the reality is that they have diversified and resulted in 2 quality phone experiences.

Posted via CB10
    Despite missing my Z30, I appreciate what my Priv does that the Z30 doesn't. There's always a trade off.

08-11-16 06:47 PM
    I'll do my best to answer. I appreciate the same things in the Z30 as you. The Hub on the Priv is quite good now. On the iPad I'm pretty sure you can choose whether or not to have conversation view. It is the same with the Priv. To select more emails on the Priv you don't get a side menu, rather you long press one email then tap others you want to choose. It's a bit faster that way. There are a couple of features missing from the Priv but the folks at BlackBerry are working on it all the time.

The keyboard on the Priv seems similar to my Z30. Predictive text is great as is autocorrect. On the physical keyboard I have shortcuts for Twitter, Password Keeper and Facebook.

The Priv can accept SD cards as well.

Gestures are not like on the Z30. That is where in my opinion BlackBerry 10 flows better. But your get used to working with the gestures in Android.

On the Priv you cannot (as far as I have found) change the quick settings drop down menu. Notifications are not as robust on the Priv. You can do sounds and led per app or account, but not per contact, although I'm sure there is an app for that whereas it is baked into BlackBerry 10.

There is no bedside mode per se, but the same thing can be accomplished with a couple more gestures and settings.

In the end, although I miss a lot from my Z30, I appreciate what BlackBerry has done to Android and I really like the fact that apps just work.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. This helps settle my mind that I have an alternative to my Z30 when it gives out. Hopefully that won't happen for a while yet...
    08-11-16 07:46 PM
    With the right messaging app you can pretty much customize the heck out of your contact notifications. For example, my kids, my parents and my lady all have their own ringtones for phone calls and texts as well as their own led color. Everyone else that texts me vibrates only even if the sound for notifications is on. The ringtone for everyone but the above mentioned is one I chose as well as being one I created. I use the Verizon message + app but yaata could do it too and it sounds like textra is also capable. I can confirm that message + and yaata integrate with the hub as well. I like the file manager and gestures better on the z30 as well as the lack of Google intrusion but having an os that is up to date has its bonuses as well. Battery life is similar to what I got on my z30 with the right tweaks. I believe coming from a z30 you would like the priv. I've had mine since March and don't regret it

08-11-16 07:52 PM
    I had a z30, got rid of it for the priv, but went back to the z30 again.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 08:34 PM