So I bought a Motion, and transfered all my data to it. The Motion is a great device. But there is something that is painfully obvious. BlackBerry BB10 devices really are communication devices first and foremost.

Yes, I get all my emails on my new Android device. And my text messages. And my phone calls. And I have BBM. But it is not what the device was built around.

When I used to get an email on my Z30, I needed to check it. Now, it's not at the forefront. If I don't check it right away, I could miss it, and it could be days until I see it again. Which is super annoying when I miss calls, and miss the one little notification.

Anyways, just thought I'd mention. Still a great device. And will have to be something i get used to on Android, since my BB10 options are to go back to my old Z30...
    Qorax likes this.
    12-10-17 05:26 PM
    All you missed notifications will be in the hub as they were on BB10. Not sure what you mean.
    12-10-17 05:37 PM
    You'll get over it. I have my KEYone out for a repair and my motions are on the way, so for the last two days I've been using my Red Passport like some sort of neanderthal. I have respect for anyone using bb10 still, because I can't operate in 2017 with an OS in this condition.

I'm sure there are plenty out there that just email and text and bb10 is fine for them. I don't and social media on this is a dumpster fire

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-10-17 05:57 PM
    All you missed notifications will be in the hub as they were on BB10. Not sure what you mean.
    Oh they're there. But it's not at the forefront.

Yes they pop up, I just find Android notifications are easily passed by, where as BB10 I never felt like I missed something.

Maybe it's the way notifications look. Maybe it's the difference in the screens... not 100% sure yet.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-10-17 07:04 PM
    You'll get over it. I have my KEYone out for a repair and my motions are on the way, so for the last two days I've been using my Red Passport like some sort of neanderthal. I have respect for anyone using bb10 still, because I can't operate in 2017 with an OS in this condition.

I'm sure there are plenty out there that just email and text and bb10 is fine for them. I don't and social media on this is a dumpster fire

Posted via CB10
    Agreed regarding social media. Apps are basically non-existent on that machine now. No one can deny that.

Maybe I'll keep the Motion as my home device, and use my Z30 while out.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-10-17 07:21 PM
    Since we're on VZW we're running these Z30's until they expire. Then? Would love the Motion as the logical successor but the chances of the -3 model getting here are...slim. So we might end up on Pixel 2 with the Hub app. Sigh...

Posted via CB10
    12-10-17 08:18 PM