I wasn't aware I would get it. I got the notification this morning and it updated to the latest software. Is this normal since AT&T doesn't carry it? I have the unlocked Bell version Btw.
    01-28-14 12:53 PM
    Hmmm. I tried checking for update on ATT and no go.
    01-28-14 12:56 PM
    Got one too
    01-28-14 12:56 PM
    Got one too
    How about Verizon Z30 users on AT&T? Do you guys see the update yet?
    01-30-14 01:03 AM
    No update on z30 in Belgium yet?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:40 AM
    It's most likely bc you have an unlocked z30. I have an unlocked sta-5 on Att and it wasn't until I checked the software update that it became available to me. All my bb10 phones have been only unlocked and this happens. For this reason I only buy unlocked phones bc Att phones take forever (obviously) to receive updates.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:47 AM
    It's most likely bc you have an unlocked z30. I have an unlocked sta-5 on Att and it wasn't until I checked the software update that it became available to me. All my bb10 phones have been only unlocked and this happens. For this reason I only buy unlocked phones bc Att phones take forever (obviously) to receive updates.

Posted via CB10
    That must be it, because I do have an unlocked version of the phone (Bell).
    01-30-14 07:41 AM
    Unlocked z10 on Att and no update just checked

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 10:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    I didn't get the update either and I have a unlocked Z10. I also checked with BlackBerry Link and still nothing.

Posted Via AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    01-30-14 11:14 AM
    Unlocked Z10 and I was on leak 1925 and it updated itself to 537 by the time I woke up. And that's no sham wow!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 11:47 AM
    I didn't get the update either and I have a unlocked Z10. I also checked with BlackBerry Link and still nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm I would just keep checking. When crackberry first announced that it was being rolled out I still wasn't able to see the update. It wasn't until yesterday that it finally showed up for me. Varies for different people I guess.

On a sidenote, not that it matters but are your phones Att branded? Like did you buy order them from Att and then unlock them? Or did you buy it unlocked already?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 12:52 PM
    Hmm I would just keep checking. When crackberry first announced that it was being rolled out I still wasn't able to see the update. It wasn't until yesterday that it finally showed up for me. Varies for different people I guess.

On a sidenote, not that it matters but are your phones Att branded? Like did you buy order them from Att and then unlock them? Or did you buy it unlocked already?

Posted via CB10
    I bought my phone from AT&T and received the unlock code from them.

01-30-14 01:15 PM
    I bought my phone from AT&T and received the unlock code from them.

Oh I see. So it was originally locked to Att. That could be why. I noticed that the factory unlocked bb10 phones get the updates no matter what carrier you use it for. I had an Att locked phone before. I unlocked it but I couldn't get the update until Att released it :/ so now I stick to factory unlocked phones only

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:10 PM
    I don't mess with BlackBerry Link either so it could be different with that one.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:11 PM
    Oh I see. So it was originally locked to Att. That could be why. I noticed that the factory unlocked bb10 phones get the updates no matter what carrier you use it for. I had an Att locked phone before. I unlocked it but I couldn't get the update until Att released it :/ so now I stick to factory unlocked phones only.
    Where do you purchase a "factory-unlocked" phone? And when you do, how do you verify it was unlocked at the factory and not just unlocked by the last person who owned it?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:33 PM
    Where do you purchase a "factory-unlocked" phone? And when you do, how do you verify it was unlocked at the factory and not just unlocked by the last person who owned it?
    Z10s and Q10s you can buy from here, and I know of at least one person who's gotten a Z30 through a friend working for BB.
    01-30-14 06:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Got my Z30 from Negri Electronics.
    01-30-14 08:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have the exact same model but use it for T-Mobile USA and haven't gotten the update yet

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 08:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    But my phone is unlocked and I am with AT&T and I have no update but then again I am not on the west coast I am on the east so maybe that is why.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 08:31 PM
    Oh I see. So it was originally locked to Att. That could be why. I noticed that the factory unlocked bb10 phones get the updates no matter what carrier you use it for. I had an Att locked phone before. I unlocked it but I couldn't get the update until Att released it :/ so now I stick to factory unlocked phones only

Posted via CB10
    Well, emkay and that answers my question if you buy phone from AT&T even if you unlock it you won't get update. So there you have it folks let's be smart and follow in emkay shoes and buy directly from factory even if it's more money at the time. Less headache later on. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 08:37 PM
    If there was a way to buy a factory unlocked one like the Z10's, I would buy one in five seconds...

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:00 PM
    Well, emkay and that answers my question if you buy phone from AT&T even if you unlock it you won't get update. So there you have it folks let's be smart and follow in emkay shoes and buy directly from factory even if it's more money at the time. Less headache later on. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    No problem. Buying factory unlocked isn't for everybody but I'm fed up with Att and Verizon shenanigans when it comes to things like this. Now I can stick it to them by staying off-contract. That and like you said, less headaches and more freedom

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:14 PM
    If there was a way to buy a factory unlocked one like the Z10's, I would buy one in five seconds...

Posted via CB10
    EBay and amazon have them from time to time or you can always buy direct from blackberry. Craigslist too.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Most factory unlocked phones are unbranded. Unbranded is a sure fire indication that its indeed unlocked from my experiences most of the time. With the exception of rogers and some other carriers there front is unbranded but they have the back branded. Factory unlocked has no branding whatsoever anywhere on itself except for the blackberry logo. Correct me if I'm wrong but you can also check the model numbers of the phone as well if you know the model number for that carrier. With an unlocked phone I receive the most recent OS update and it can be from whichever carrier that pushed it out. Not just Att.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh and I got my z30 off eBay. You can also try amazon, Craigslist. Or some Canadian websites if you Google them. The problem with ordering from Canada is that you'll have to wait some time for it to clear customs. Not my favorite experience.

In an earlier post I said something about buying direct from blackberry but I made a mistake. It seems like factory unlocked z30 is not being offered yet on their site. Just Verizon :/

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:45 PM
55 123