10-31-16 02:22 PM
161 123 ...
tools
    HI, I'm planning to get a BB device, however I can't afford to buy passport or Priv, is it a good idea to buy a BB Z30 now ? Kindly suggest ? I don't care about much apps or games as most of them are now down loadable from Amazon app store, I just need the mobile because its different and I love the BB 10 OS and I love the design of BB Z 30.
    03-24-16 11:53 AM
    I just replaced my passport with my old z30...

Posted via CB10
    castoridae likes this.
    03-24-16 12:01 PM
    Definitely a good choice can't go wrong with a Z30 I have mine for 2 1/2 years and I don't need to replace it soon. Simply a very good all round phone. Still running as day one. Battery life is excellent.

Bold 9900 > Z30
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    03-24-16 12:37 PM
    NO....

But that's just my humble opinion... don't see sinking anymore money into a platform that is dying.. You can invest your money in the future, or in the past.. You're going to have to choose another platform at some point. Why not do it now, and save yourself the pains of struggling to keep a device useful as developers and even BlackBerry move on.
    03-24-16 01:19 PM
    HI, I'm planning to get a BB device, however I can't afford to buy passport or Priv, is it a good idea to buy a BB Z30 now ? Kindly suggest ? I don't care about much apps or games as most of them are now down loadable from Amazon app store, I just need the mobile because its different and I love the BB 10 OS and I love the design of BB Z 30.
    People have said that the Z30 is superior, but the Leap is newer and costs less. Unless you are thinking of picking up a used/refurbished Z30 I'd go for a brand new Leap.
    03-24-16 01:24 PM
    People have said that the Z30 is superior, but the Leap is newer and costs less. Unless you are thinking of picking up a used/refurbished Z30 I'd go for a brand new Leap.

New is new.... if you look at the hardware, in most every case the Z30 is using newer hardware than the LEAP. And from what I saw on Amazon the Z30 is only $15 more than the LEAP. Speakers alone are probably worth that premium.....
    03-24-16 02:38 PM
    I would Recommend the BlackBerry Leap. It's got a much brighter screen. As a phone, it will last you a long time with good build quality.

Go for it

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    03-24-16 02:47 PM
    Z30 is solid as a brick! They are right the app store may dry up but android apps can be loaded instead.
    I like the Z30 but the screen orientation is too sensitive for me.
    It's solid dude but updates may lag if any will be provided is anyone's guess.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-24-16 08:48 PM
    Oh and yes the Z30 is indeed sexy and the music comes out those speakers quite nicely too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-24-16 08:49 PM
    Z30 is a great device, but I wouldn't purchase a phone with an OS that is already dying. Things are only starting to look worse for it, with no more native Facebook application, no more WhatsApp or Viber support, etc.

I don't think it'd be a good idea at this point.
    03-25-16 12:42 AM
    I really like my z30 but it is really long in the tooth. If you can pick one up real cheap or used I think it is a fine daily driver as a communication device. I use my phone for text, email and an Internet browser and that is all really. If you are like me it will be a fine phone.

If you like apps and the such I would steer clear as you will be upgrading again in less than a year

Posted via my Z30
    04-03-16 09:44 AM
    I guess it depends on what you need. If you need a phone that is excellant quality, will last a long time, you bet it is an excellant choice, mine was purchased in Oct, 2013, still like new. If you want a great phone this is it, you can still get them new from various people. It does not matter if they are old stock and BlackBerry doesn't sell them anymore, the network is still there and that's what matters. If BlackBerry was to dissappear tomorrow the phone will still work just fine, and for many years.

 Pr1ngle
    04-03-16 10:13 AM
    As a collector's item, yeah.

If you need it for the basics (call/text/email), the Z30 should suffice.

*ME173X
    04-03-16 11:22 AM
    This might make some of you pull your hair out but I already have a Z30 and it with BlackBerry 10.3 works so efficiently (except one*) with everything right down to my Spotify app from android and the 107 windows open in the browser (busy week) that I cannot help but to avoid giving it up for an iPhone or other.
    I have the opportunity to buy a brand-new one directly from Verizon wireless now and I'm actually thinking about it at full retail price with the monthly cost not being so much because then I will have one year of support from Verizon wireless and after that I would still be free to buy a new one however this one works so efficiently I do not want to fix what is not broken.
    I hope that I will have this for another year and because I have another Z 30 if anything happens to this one I have a backup.

(*The only hesitation is the problem that I am having that I must address is that when I remote search for an email it finds it but the content is often not delivered to the body of the email and that is disconcerting...)

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 11:58 AM
    I am so sorry when I went to purchase the phone that I put in my shopping cart join the last week of March I come to find that it is no longer available and no longer in stock at Verizon wireless.
    At least I have a Z30 and I will keep the insurance on it for whatever that is worth and if and when the day that Blackberry operating system 10 is no longer safe to use then I will have 6 to 9 months of suspending smartphone service and save at least $1000 in doing so.
    During that period, I shall use a basic cell phone and home Internet access (business phone separate) and decide what comes next whenever that may be!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 03:29 PM
    Why not? For what it costs nowadays, it's hard to think of a better phone. It's a capable device that does everything I need for communication. I don't get this 'BB10 is dead' thing. I've got a pack of Symbian phones in my drawer that still work, why people think their BB10 phones will drop dead all of a sudden? Did someone change the web standards overnight? I'm still using a laptop that pre-dates the 9900 and I've got no problem surfing the web
    kbrant64 likes this.
    04-03-16 10:29 PM
    Smartphones continue to evolve so rapidly, I'd really have to have excellent justifications as to why I would buy one whose technology is 2.5 years old.
    Mind you, I bought my Z30 when it had been released for just over a year already. I don't think that was extremely wise, but not too bad either.
    All that said, if you were to get a steal-of-a-deal, why the heck not?!

Now, I've owned an iPhone, a Samsung Nexus, this Z30, and my current daily driver, the LG G3. (I still have all and they all work. Personally, I think that's disturbing re: the first two.) As you see, I'm not a diehard anything; I get what I like/want.
    As this is a Z30 forum, guess which device will be the best? Always - and forever?

There is talk of a new BB10 software update (to 4.3.3) in the near future. It WILL NOT make your "ancient" hardware any newer.
    The BB CEO recently reiterated that the hardware division needs to become profitable by 9/2016 or he's pulling its plug. If that happens, then as with ANY hardware vendor who's done this in the past, existing hardware support will come to an end soon thereafter.

Now that you're "impartially" informed, what do you think you should do?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 10:29 AM
    I love my Z30 but I am disappointed there has never been a replacement. It is a good phone but if you are just buying one now, I would probably look towards the future. I don't see BB being in the handset business much longer.
    04-06-16 09:05 PM
    It depends on what you are looking for in a smartphone. Everyone has different tastes and requirements. What, exactly, do you want in a phone?

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    04-06-16 10:21 PM
    If you like BlackBerry 10 OS and like the form factor, go for it! It's still a great phone. I mostly do email (6 accounts) , texting, Web surfing and of course Netflix. According to the CEO, it's going to get two more OS updates. I'm sticking with my Z30 as it does what I need it to. Do I wish that there was a newer one? Yes, but I'm still happily using it for my needs. I already have an Android tablet, so I'm not going to get an Android phone, don't need it. If my Z30 breaks, I'll get it fixed or get another off Ebay or such. Hope this helps you decide!

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    kbrant64 likes this.
    04-07-16 09:35 AM
    I still use my z30 every day, all day. Many android apps still work (via Amazon or Snap).
    04-07-16 01:42 PM
    Yes I m using now the BlackBerry Z30. I m very much satisfied. Z30 best hand set ever I used.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 02:26 PM
    If you're a BlackBerry fan, then absolutely.

It was a watershed device despite the lack of sales really.

The only other comparable device in terms of realizing BlackBerry's potential was the Passport.

But the paratek antenna, long battery life, unique design with the silver chin, glass weave back, natural sound speakers, USB otg, micro hdmi out, miracast - it was BlackBerry 10's preeminent device at the time.

Unfortunately it was overshadowed by the poor launch of the z10 and q10, both good phones in their own right, but bb10 just wasn't ready yet.

The z30 also launched with 10.2 which was bb10 fully realized with the android runtime and host of other major OS advances like toast notifications and lock screen preview and picture password.

Toast notifications at the time was a BlackBerry privilege only...even today andorid's implementation is so garbage...

Sigh...I miss those days.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    04-07-16 04:17 PM
    I love my Z30 it fits my needs and if it fit yours don't worry about other opinions

Posted from my big screen Z30 STA100-5 running ❿.❸.❷.2876
    04-07-16 04:36 PM
    I just bought a brand new Verizon Z30 off of eBay for a backup. I gave it a lot thought because I didn't want to spend the money if something else was coming out soon but $300 for a Z30 in an unopened box seemed well worth the money.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 07:32 PM
161 123 ...