So I love my Z30. Never have I been able to get through a full day until I got this phone. Killer BlackBerry OS, huge screen and amazing speakers.

That is .. until the speaker for making calls broke. A broken rattling sound that was driving me crazy. Its all good though because it was covered under warranty. Bell took it and mailed it off to be repaired. One week with a loaner phone and I had my good old 30 back (not that long). 24 hours after receiving it and round 2. The bottom button for turning the volume down sticks when pressed (difficult to unpop). One fix led to another problem.

Don't get me wrong. I will always support BlackBerry, I am just annoyed with finally getting all of my info and apps back on the phone only to have to wipe the thing for a return (again).

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 09:11 PM
    Yikes! Sounds like you've had quite the string of bad luck! Here's hoping this is the last of your return woes!
    03-03-14 09:21 PM
    I've been there before. Are you getting getting refurbished devices or new ones?
    03-03-14 09:53 PM
    sometimes getting a refurbished one is best thing. my most lasting products have been refurbs. it feels like they really make sure they last or are working well.
    03-03-14 10:18 PM
    Perverted logic of refurbished device on occasionally being better...repair tech grabs new device off assembly line and uses it as a hammer on insects near the assembly lines. Then refurbished the hammer so it is now better at making phone calls than before. CEO is not amused.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 11:30 PM
    ... I am just annoyed with finally getting all of my info and apps back on the phone only to have to wipe the thing for a return (again).
    Of course you don't have to lose all your info... just do a full backup using BB Link on your computer before taking the phone in for replacement. Then, when the replacement unit arrives, just run the restore process. Worked perfectly for me.

BTW, Telus has a policy to provide a brand new unit as a replacement if you've had to return your unit more than twice for warranty repairs. Not sure if Bell has that policy.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 12:20 PM
    So I love my Z30. Never have I been able to get through a full day until I got this phone. Killer BlackBerry OS, huge screen and amazing speakers.

That is .. until the speaker for making calls broke. A broken rattling sound that was driving me crazy. Its all good though because it was covered under warranty. Bell took it and mailed it off to be repaired. One week with a loaner phone and I had my good old 30 back (not that long). 24 hours after receiving it and round 2. The bottom button for turning the volume down sticks when pressed (difficult to unpop). One fix led to another problem.

Don't get me wrong. I will always support BlackBerry, I am just annoyed with finally getting all of my info and apps back on the phone only to have to wipe the thing for a return (again).

Posted via CB10
    Pop off the back cover, just to make sure they haven't got something stuffed in the way or tweaked in there hanging the volume button.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-04-14 02:38 PM