Nevermind he does.
    Last edited by Drenegade; 02-22-14 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Done
    02-15-14 08:21 PM
    And you believe GOD had something to do with this?????

By the way.... useless phones make great Chia pets!
    ... and in this case, beautiful ones!
    and Twins to boot!
    anon(5061193) and wincyUt like this.
    02-15-14 08:53 PM
    When it comes to gadget I really prefer to buy it as "Brand New". Second hand is a no-no unless the seller will give you at least 7 days personal warranty. Within those days you still have the time to test the device for issues.

I guess BlackBerry will repair it "Out of Warranty". Try it.
    02-15-14 09:03 PM
    That really blows. I had been watching Craigs List and eBay for a while but feared the same type of thing. I ended up buying from Verizon.

Posted with Z30 on Verizon.
    02-15-14 09:11 PM
    You can try tweeting @BlackBerryHelp and see what they say? You will have to follow them to get in touch with you. You can always try to go to the carrier the Z30 was locked with and see if they can help or give any advice.

This is why i'm waiting for the price of a new device to drop at Telus or until my carrier decides to put it in their lineup to buy one. Believe me the wait is excruciating.
    deptech likes this.
    02-15-14 09:31 PM
    That really blows. I had been watching Craigs List and eBay for a while but feared the same type of thing. I ended up buying from Verizon.

Posted with Z30 on Verizon.
    In this day and age it's not the "deal" you should be looking for.
    Digital devices are an investment!

And, you Do want the best when it comes to Chia pets, after all!
    02-15-14 09:54 PM
    Hey buddy, I'm sorry to read this. I live in America and bought my z30 used on ebay. I always look at seller ratings and how many products the person or company has sold previously. I also use PayPal when making payments. EBay has a policy for most people in which they hold funds from the seller for 3 days after the buyer receives the phone in case it's not as described.
    I was lucky with my purchase by buying mine $200 less than the new price. Other than that,normally I would save up and by new. There's a lot of people now in the ripping off business and it's a shame.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    02-16-14 07:27 AM
    Wow, that's too bad. People like that really suck. I'm sure that pos seller knew about the messed up slot.
    02-16-14 07:37 AM
    The first one, since u said its stolen or lost, return it to police station.
    Second one u can send it to authorised BlackBerry repair shop and get it fixed since u have rightfuly purchased it. Might cost a bit though.
    Simple.

Via The Monster Z30
    02-16-14 07:44 AM
    I always pay with my American Express card. In almost every case they will refund your purchase if you are not happy. Basically it's buyer insurance.

I understand carrier locked phones can sometimes be used on another carrier. I don't know what worked on Wi-Fi. Did BBM work? If so, BlackBerry has not locked the PIN.

Posted via CB10
    Yes BBM worked fine and so did all the BlackBerry services. What would cause BlackBerry to block the pin?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-16-14 11:28 AM
    What service was the one with the pins broken off originally for?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:01 PM
    What service was the one with the pins broken off originally for?

Posted via CB10
    I believe it is Bell Mobility. Why do you ask?

02-16-14 10:42 PM
    Just curious I need a parts phone lol

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:49 PM
    Just curious I need a parts phone lol

Posted via CB10
    I PMd you if you are interested.
    02-19-14 12:01 PM
    OP, if you are in the GTA I can pm you a place where they may be able to repair it for you.
    02-19-14 12:09 PM
    Sorry to hear about your misadventures. I also bought a Z30 of Kijiji but I made sure it was unlocked and I tried my sim card in it.

I hope that you will be able to get your Z30 fixed and bad karma to both sellers.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 12:19 PM
    Send in the second one, pay to get it fixed, and the first "Hot" phone, well, Just charge it and you have a very nice clock!

Worth it, I LOVE my Z30 (left my trusty 9850 Torch in the drawer of the desk)..

c
    02-19-14 01:17 PM
    I would buy either devices for 100$

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 01:20 PM
    Yes BBM worked fine and so did all the BlackBerry services. What would cause BlackBerry to block the pin?

The device has likely been blacklisted by the provider not by BlackBerry, unless it was a bes device. This means the networks recognize the IMEI as list stolen and don't allow service on the device

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 01:22 PM
    Just call BlackBerry Customer service, there is no need to divulge how you got it. Because they won't ask. Its still under warranty, they will fix it or replace it. It was a few years ago, but I bought my Playbook from Ebay, something happened to it, I called, they sent the box, and ended up replacing it for Free! Funny thing is the replacement they sent had so they replaced it again with an upgrade to a 32gb from a 16gb.

The stolen one, sigh, that really sucks, but all you can do is turn it in to the police. Do your part to be a good person. God will return the favor, but don't blame Him for your misfortunes. Hey you could be dead in a ditch somewhere. #imjussayin
    02-19-14 02:32 PM
    Hey buddy!

OK so Blackberry will not do it but there are a few people out there that can modify your imei. Which means you can end up being able to use it since technically the new imei is not in the system as "stolen". Please keep in mind that this method may be illegal, however i know a few people that can do it.

Next option, you can sell the blacklisted phone overseas. Blacklisted phones are not reported internationally and therefore the phone will work in other countries, especially 3rd world countries, or should i say... less developed countries.
    02-19-14 04:15 PM
    The first one, since u said its stolen or lost, return it to police station.
    Second one u can send it to authorised BlackBerry repair shop and get it fixed since u have rightfuly purchased it. Might cost a bit though.
    Simple.

Via The Monster Z30
    I agree turn the stolen one in to the rightful authorities and provide seller feedback for the 2nd phone, 3rd quit being a cheap ******* and this stuff won't happen. Please don't get offended, I just want my advice to sink in and peolpe don't listen unless it's driven into their thick heads.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    02-19-14 04:24 PM
    I'm convinced that god don't want you to have Z30... only, not sure which god is you referring to...

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 08:03 PM