Come on we are all waiting here in the US for a release; Verizon (wireless charging) , AT&T, T-Mobile!

Posted via Harry
    spoddar751 likes this.
    10-15-13 02:47 PM
    Come on we are all waiting here in the US for a release; Verizon (wireless charging) , AT&T, T-Mobile!

Posted via Harry

Welcome to Verizon.... !
    10-15-13 02:53 PM
    Given the history of BlackBerry 10 devices I would give it a month.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:43 PM
    This is a carrier issue, not BlackBerry...which means it will be awhile for news. ATT hasn't even acknowledged the device other than the fact we've all seen ATT branded Z30s. Beyond me, but such is life.
    10-15-13 05:36 PM
    Coming soon...!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 06:59 PM

Posted via Harry
    I found it really interesting/telling that ROGERS can decide to support the Z30 AND Certify it, all within 2-3 weeks. Yet the American Carriers can take many months for the same task. Why do you think that is?
    vrud and Bfalcon1 like this.
    10-15-13 07:03 PM
    Lol I called tmobile and the "BlackBerry tech" knew nothing of the BlackBerry Z30, he didn't even know of the q5, which is fine. But he seemed so lost when I asked him about the Z30, he had to Google it.. no help at all

Posted via that z10!
    10-15-13 07:15 PM
    Based on prior BB10 sales, are you expecting some sort of massive sales deluge for the Z30?
    10-15-13 07:19 PM
    Coming soon...!

Posted via CB10
    I have a felling that the release for the US will work along the same lines it did with the Z10 last year.

This is from a betanews site from last year 2012; .> "In the United States, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile will carry the BlackBerry Z10, with availability to start in March.

North of the border, in Canada the device will be available starting February 15 at various carriers for $199 on a three-year contract."

So we should see it some time in Nov. maby late Oct.; I would think close to the first on Nov. because of the holidays. I envision it doing well...!
    PS: I just noticed the release of the Z10 in Canada was on the 15th.
    Last edited by robhenry24; 10-15-13 at 09:53 PM.
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-15-13 09:42 PM
    I found it really interesting/telling that ROGERS can decide to support the Z30 AND Certify it, all within 2-3 weeks. Yet the American Carriers can take many months for the same task. Why do you think that is?
    Testing seems like a bunch of cap to me honestly. With the amount of devices that are tested how do they not have this down to a science yet? Just doesn't seem logical at all

Also why more OEM's can't do as Apple does (self test and certify to an extent) is beyond me...

Posted via a Verizon Z10 running a 10.2.1.575 leak and CB10. My channel: C0004F9BB
    10-15-13 10:24 PM
    For those who can't wait, it's available on Amazon for $695 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FIQ...bUvbUpU9339070

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 11:52 PM
    Also why more OEM's can't do as Apple does (self test and certify to an extent) is beyond me...
    because US carriers are afraid of apple,
    stackberry369 likes this.
    10-16-13 12:25 AM
    Based on prior BB10 sales, are you expecting some sort of massive sales deluge for the Z30?
    While this will be one of the first times I agree with you, the reverse is also true.

Do you think BlackBerry wants to sell in a market that doesn't show love? There's a reason the Malaysians and Middle Easterns are getting priority.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 01:11 AM
    I have a felling that the release for the US will work along the same lines it did with the Z10 last year.

This is from a betanews site from last year 2012; .> "In the United States, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile will carry the BlackBerry Z10, with availability to start in March.

North of the border, in Canada the device will be available starting February 15 at various carriers for $199 on a three-year contract."

So we should see it some time in Nov. maby late Oct.; I would think close to the first on Nov. because of the holidays. I envision it doing well...!
    PS: I just noticed the release of the Z10 in Canada was on the 15th.
    The Z10 was announced it before it even hit the UK and Canada but for the Z30 there has been no mention anywhere
    10-16-13 02:48 AM
    Well based on my understanding the Z30 needs to get FCC approved first, which seems to me has happened based on sporadic blogs on the internet but who knows, and since our well paid government can't do their jobs it may take longer and proably won't see a release, unfortunately, until Christmas time or later which would really suck - please corrent me if I am wrong. So I may be buying z10 to tie me over until it does come out
    10-16-13 08:56 AM
    While this will be one of the first times I agree with you, the reverse is also true.

Do you think BlackBerry wants to sell in a market that doesn't show love? There's a reason the Malaysians and Middle Easterns are getting priority.

Posted via CB10
    They completely ignored the US market for years. No marketing, no devices that addressed what the US market wanted, and they focused on markets buying cheap phones and cheap plans that the BlackBerry Curve and 93XX line suited perfectly. They allowed a stigma of being behind to be tied to the BlackBerry name. So now that BlackBerry finally released a device that can meet most of what the US market wants, and didn't advertise that it was any different than the old BBOS devices, it is the USA's fault that BlackBerry isn't selling well here?! Looking at the latest global Kantar numbers it doesn't look like any of the markets you mentioned are buying BB10 either! So yeah they are focusing on markets that they didn't ignore for years, and those markets are catching up now to the USA market trends of cheaper, high data capacity plans that gives Android and iPhone solid consideration in these markets and BlackBerry is losing to them now. The USA was a leading indicator, not an anomaly!
    10-16-13 09:25 AM
    Well based on my understanding the Z30 needs to get FCC approved first, which seems to me has happened based on sporadic blogs on the internet but who knows, and since our well paid government can't do their jobs it may take longer and proably won't see a release, unfortunately, until Christmas time or later which would really suck - please corrent me if I am wrong. So I may be buying z10 to tie me over until it does come out
    It was posted a while back that the FCC already approved the device prior to the shutdown. I may be mistaken but I believe it wasn't for all variants just yet.

Posted via a Verizon Z10 running a 10.2.1.575 leak and CB10. My channel: C0004F9BB
    10-16-13 09:34 AM
    10-16-13 10:08 AM
    10-16-13 10:13 AM
    10-16-13 10:38 AM
    Just wait for early adopters to complain about the price when it is cheaper upon US release, then months after.
    10-16-13 11:21 AM
    Verizon and Sprint cdma phones! Have not been officially announced just leaked pictures of a Verizon version

Posted via Harry
    10-16-13 11:56 AM
    Too bad it's only the STA100-2. I understand this won't cut it on t-mobile usa.

For those who can't wait, it's available on Amazon for $695 BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 (Factory Unlocked) 5 inch - LTE 1800/2600/900/800 MHz:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 12:36 PM
    Be aware these will be the European model, with frequency support for European 3G/4G instead of US bands. Full LTE and 3G band support for the appropriate carrier should be verified by US buyers before committing their money.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-13 04:36 PM