Hi there

So I just ordered a Blackberry Z30. Quite excited.

However looking online there doesn't seem to be much accessories for it. Only 1 type of screen protector from the crackberry store - no screen protectors for sale at best buy or futureshop. I particularly like matte protectors but can't seem to find any.

So my question for users out there: Do you even use a screen protector? How good is the glass? Is it as good as the iPad screens? Because I don't use a screen protector for the iPad and it's been fine. In the old days the plastic screen gets scratched easily.

Cheers
    11-02-13 10:48 PM
    I am still using the one that came on the phone.
    It is actually just fine, for now, until I find a good one.
    I did buy a protector from Telus for the 30, that my local store actually brought in for me, but still want something better...

Sent from my kick *** Z30
    11-02-13 11:07 PM
    The glass should be fine. It's not gorilla glass, but it's hardened nonetheless.

I still got a screen protector. I recommend Skinomi. They are excellent.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier on a Z30
    11-02-13 11:09 PM
    I do. I want to treat this one much better than my z10

Posted from my Z30
    11-02-13 11:24 PM
    I just ordered a screen protector and body skin from Skinomi.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:46 PM
    Yeap i am using a screen protector
    11-03-13 01:28 AM
    I always do. Keys, sand, coins in your pockets can all scratch any glass. If you keep your devices for any length of time scratches on unprotected glass are inevitable. Why tempt fate?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 05:57 AM
    No screen protector

Posted via CB10
    EauRouge likes this.
    11-03-13 06:09 AM
    I would highly recommend Clarivue's Ultra-Clear:
    Blackberry Z30 Screen Protector - Ultra-Clear | Clarivue

Says it's on sale for $15 per 2-pack. Plus free shipping!
    I used their protector in my 9900.

I actually have 2 for my Z10 that came with different cases, but never gotten around to using one.
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    11-03-13 06:22 AM
    I got them to put in a screen saver from blackberry and the transformer case when I bought mine. This much screen real state has way more chances of getting into a fight with my keys in the pocket.

Z30, and yes, it's a bit on the heavy side...
    11-03-13 06:22 AM
    I carry my phone in a holster, but into dusty outdoor environments and despite being a tough glass, the screen can get scratched (breakage resistant != scratch resistant)..

Now, the question is what screen protector to get.. I had the Invisible Shield for my z10 and despite manufacturer claims that the new product would not "orange peel", it still does, and I recently put on an iShieldz on the z30, and it doesn't orange peel, but it scratches much easier than the Invisible Shield and does not "self heal" nearly as well, so I'm looking for something better..

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:27 AM
    I checked Zagg's website yesterday and saw it listed there. Those are usually very good and I'm going to go that route for sure.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:34 AM
    I am using an otter box on mine. I have to say because of the extra silver bezel the otter box works great. Don't have a problem swiping like the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:57 AM
    Zaggs are great as well

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:59 AM
    I am using an otter box on mine. I have to say because of the extra silver bezel the otter box works great. Don't have a problem swiping like the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I am using Otterbox and I find the swiping so much better that the Z10 which I couldn't cope with. The only negative I find on the Otterbox is the screen protector which to me is a bit on the reflective side... or is it the actual screen contributing to that???

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 08:03 AM
    No it's the built in screen protector, you can cut it out and use a zagg

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 10:10 AM
    Currently using the otterbox one with the skin omitted on order. The otterbox isn't bad but I don't like how dust slowly builds up

Posted via my Z30
    11-03-13 10:47 AM
    Currently using the otterbox one with the skin omitted on order. The otterbox isn't bad but I don't like how dust slowly builds up

Posted via my Z30
    Have to agree with you on that remark. Every other day I take the case off and clean all the dirt and dust out from under the screen protector. Its a pain but gotta do what ya gotta do.
    11-03-13 12:21 PM
    does anyone know if there is a matte texture screen protector in the market? (that is reliable)

Also how is the ishield?

Not too keen on using sprays and fluids on skinomi.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 12:39 PM
    I am using an otterbox defender. I like the ruggedness of the case, I like the holster it's well built and has the magnet to put the phone into sleep mode. Not that the Z30 needs to go into sleep mode with that monster battery, you could just leave the screen on with full brightness all day and still have power when you get home. But the magnet is a nice feature anyway.

Problem is...I am not enjoying the dust that builds up inside of it. And the glare produced by the built in screen protector in direct sunlight, is pretty bad. Plus the dust that I deal with at work, is not regular sand. It consists of a lot of crystallized sodash. Which gets under the screen protector and has a nice crunchy glass on glass kind of grindy sensation when you swipe. It will destroy my screen for sure, so I need to rectify that situation stat.

So...I just ordered an iShields KO screen protector and the otterbox commuter from crackberry. Going to try that out.
    11-03-13 01:05 PM
    Always use a screen protector. That's is a must for me

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 01:52 PM
    I dont put my phones in the same pocket as coins or keys, so I've never had a screen protector.
    11-03-13 04:31 PM
    I used a Spigen protector on my Z10 and also on my iPad mini. The thing I like about them is that they go on dry - that is you don't spray a solution on them and then have to squeegee the liquid out and wait for them to dry. I installed a Zagg protector on a Samsung phone I had and some of the solution got into the speaker at the top edge of the phone, causing it to distort, so I'm hesitant to use that type again. Also the Spigen protectors are virtually invisible and don't effect the touch sensitivity at all. I just traded in my Z10 for a Z30 but unfortunately they haven't come out with a protector for it yet. I've ordered one for the HTC1, which seems to be very close in size. Will see if it will fit, but if not will have to wait until they get them for the Z30.
    11-03-13 08:33 PM
    i still trying to find a Z30 to buy since my backdated country doesn't have any for sale... :'(
    11-03-13 08:43 PM
    I was using the one that came on it for a couple days but today I went out to a kiosk in the mall and got a new screen protector and a gel case for the sake of it

Posted using Z30 via CB10
    11-03-13 08:45 PM
32 12