I've seen some.great shots taken by the z30 but can't seem to get it to focus properly or take nice pictures of my kids any tips on how I can make the most of the features?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 07:31 AM
    11-08-14 07:44 AM
    I've seen some.great shots taken by the z30 but can't seem to get it to focus properly or take nice pictures of my kids any tips on how I can make the most of the features?

Posted via CB10
    I recommend the Photo Studio Pro app. It has an auto enhance mode to help you edit your photos and has the options to manually sharpen the focus, change brightness, contrast, white balance, color saturation, red eye reduction etc. There are many other functions available but these are the ones I use the most. I can even take pictures of old my photos in my old albums and enhance them with great results.

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    BigBadWulf and vw83 like this.
    11-08-14 07:45 AM
    Thank you both!

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-08-14 09:46 AM
    I've seen some great shots taken by the z30 but can't seem to get it to focus properly or take nice pictures of my kids any tips on how I can make the most of the features?
    Number one tip: use the focus box.

Here's how: when you open the camera, a small white box appears in the centre of the screen. If the subject of your photo is visually behind the white box, good... now wait a sec for the box to turn green. Once it has turned green, it means the camera has focused on whatever is in that part of the picture.

If your subject isn't in the centre of the picture, you can place your finger on the white box and move it to the part of the picture where the subject is located. Again, once it turns green, the subject is in focus and now you can take a well-focussed picture.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and vw83 like this.
    11-08-14 10:02 AM
    Never been much for editing (I guess I'm just a purist), but the camera is darn good once you get the hang of it without editing.

As Patrick said, messing with the focus box, is the single biggest tool in the arsenal. Not only to get what you want focused, but to change the lighting of the subject.

Another is HDR, which I have set to also take a normal image. Some subjects are much better for this than others. Takes a steady hand, and typically is best with a stationary object, though sometimes fun with some movement.

If you're on a leak OS, panoramic can be great. Keeping everything in the shot equidistant helps perspective, but you can get some interesting effects when not.

Changing the mode can bring out or hide items in the image too. I switch to night for sunsets and gain color density at times.

I switch the notification profile to silent when capturing the dog. He hates the camera, and usually moves the second he sees the phone facing him (I swear he can even read my mind while sleeping).

Flash works amazingly well, even when you think it won't, but I've found moments when turning it off in lower light provides a better overall image.

Play, play, play! You can't break it, and the more you experiment, the better you'll get.
    PatrickMJS and vw83 like this.
    11-08-14 10:21 AM
    Good advice Wolf.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3442 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-08-14 11:12 AM