I just love the Z30 so much that I have to say, personally, its the perhaps the best smartphone I ever owned.

But....I would like to have all your support or opinions on this.

Sorry to say, as we all know, BB is going through tough times and carriers are not even selling them or supporting it, Ok, maybe a few of them.

So, what you guys all think?
    If this phone is now very close to impossible to obtain, would you be thinking about getting another Z30 just as for a "backup" phone in case BB decides to call it quits and Z30 would be the last smartphone that they had made?

I know I am sounding negative on BB, but I do have hopes for them and I pray that they will continue to make top of the line phones in the near future.

So for ALL you Z30 LOVERS out here like me, has any one here thought about considering to purchase another Z30 phone as a backup phone in case BB stops making smartphones?

Would really much appreciate ones input on this.
    chewy2003 likes this.
    09-28-14 12:56 PM
    They are going to make a Z50...we have had lots of comments and speculation about it. I am thinking positively.
    And anyway, i couldn't get a backup Z30 for my carrier....without paying a lot of money....better to wait for the next one.
    09-28-14 01:11 PM
    You have a point, lets wait for the Z50.
    Because the problem is, that even one has another Z30 laying around, the batteries will drain its power EVEN when NOT is use.
    Not just on smartphones, but any electronic devices, even though when not using it for a very long periods of time, the battery will start to drain anyways...So I think it would be a waste of time.

But thanks for the response.
    09-28-14 01:48 PM
    I think it's worth waiting... The Z30 is a great device, and I will admit to having the same thought - to watch out for a Z30 priced economically enough that I have a back up just in case, but I feel safe waiting to see if BlackBerry comes out with a new and improved all touch device. I am excited to see what John Chen and the team at BlackBerry come up with, and should the opportunity present itself to upgrade in 12/18/24 months, I don't want to have sunk my cash into something sitting in a drawer. But that's just me, and you may find yourself in a financial position where you could purchase the next device if/when it's available without that being a consideration for you.

white Z30 STA100-5
    09-28-14 06:05 PM
    That's a good thought. I have actually purchased another Z30 because it is a great device. I am also getting the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 07:58 PM
    Your spare Z30 is like a spare tire in your car, oh I forgot they dont give you a spare tire anymore its a use less rim and skinny thing in the trunk.

I got a full wheel and tire in my Holden and its ready to go just like your spare Z30 will be Keep it on the charger and use it for a clock when not using it
    09-28-14 08:07 PM
    My budget is limited anyways, and plus, I don't want to have the extra headache on charging two phones either.
    And like I mentioned, even if the phone is OFF completely, it would still drain battery power. So I would just wait for the new phone (hopefully)
    09-29-14 01:54 AM
    I have put my money where my mouth (or at least my mind and heart) is. I have bought a spare. My thinking is that the mighty Z will be more than enough for me for the foreseeable future. I have d/l, printed and bound the User Guide (all 262 pages of it); I am realising that there is just so much more to the Z30 than at first appears. I will need some time fully to appreciate its capabilities. The Passport is a magnificent phone and I wish that I had the immediate need to get one and use it. However, I know that, at the moment, its abilities outstrip my needs. If I thought that there is a Z50 in the offing I might have held off. However, bearing in mind that John Chen has firmly positioned BlackBerry as a business device provider I really don't see it coming any time soon. I would like to be proved wrong but, in the meantime, the mighty Zed is my device of choice and I really feel that it will be more than enough for me for the foreseeable future. As always, of course, YMMV.

Posted via CB10
    dan_dollar likes this.
    09-29-14 02:36 AM