The Z30 is beautiful, but it what on earth is the silver thing for!? I want one, but the silver strip bothers me....I'd much prefer all black - looks much nicer.

What do you guys think? Does anything else prefer the all black look? To be honest, I would also prefer an all black back cover (with the logo of course), instead of the greyish weave. It doesn't really match in my opinion - same for the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    12-19-13 04:43 AM
    Making it all black would dull down the look of the device if you ask me. It would probably get mistaken a lot more for some other phone too.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 04:47 AM
    The silver strip guides me to the bottom of the unit.

Ie. Swiping down from the top does nothing when the unit is 'sleeping'

Posted via CB10
    paper_monkey and Doolittle2 like this.
    12-19-13 05:42 AM
    The silver strip guides me to the bottom of the unit.
    Yep. When I had the Z10 I was forever holding it upside down. I think the silver is brilliant. And I don't think it looks bad. We are all entitled to our opinion of course!
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-19-13 05:48 AM
    I don't like how the Z30 has one at the bottom and not at the top. It's not symmetrical and looks off to me.. BUT I'm not advocating removing it. I'd like to see it back top and bottom like the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:48 AM
    I don't like how the Z30 has one at the bottom and not at the top. It's not symmetrical and looks off to me.. BUT I'm not advocating removing it. I'd like to see it back top and bottom like the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I agree

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:55 AM
    There are other ways to make the bottom distinguishable from the top. They could just put a more visible BlackBerry logo on the bottom bar, for example. I think the silver looks asymmetrical and a bit tacky, especially because it isn't actually aluminium.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:07 AM
    The silver looks great and helps guide proper orientation of the device when pulling it out of pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Doolittle2 likes this.
    12-19-13 07:35 AM
    Love how the silver bezel looks on my white z30! Very sleek and futuristic looking. I get tons of compliments from those who can't believe it's a BlackBerry. Let's get some marketing going for this wonderful device already!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:44 AM
    The Z30 is beautiful, but it what on earth is the silver thing for!? I want one, but the silver strip bothers me....I'd much prefer all black - looks much nicer.

What do you guys think? Does anything else prefer the all black look? To be honest, I would also prefer an all black back cover (with the logo of course), instead of the greyish weave. It doesn't really match in my opinion - same for the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    My onnly real complaint, per se, is that I find the back plate a little slick at times. I've nearly dropped my phone a couple times because it has slipped in my hand. Won't be an issue in a week or two, I'll be getting my spangly new otterbox for christmas or my birthday then no more worries about slippage or droppage.
    12-19-13 07:44 AM
    Here's my $.02 buy some nail polish and cover it.

I prefer the sliver chin.

Z10 10.2.0.1803 via CB10
    12-19-13 07:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    But then the bezels would be bigger and the phone would be bigger

Sent from my Z30
    Doolittle2 likes this.
    12-19-13 07:51 AM
    Looks great and differentiates it from other phones on the market at the same time! Dual purpose!
    12-19-13 07:53 AM
    I would like to see the addition of an all black version like the Z10.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    12-19-13 08:19 AM
    I'm ambivalent about its looks, but I love being guided to the phone's bottom instantly when taking it out of my pocket, and it makes it look so much different from everything else that's out there - which is great, makes everybody stare and wonder what phone it is. I like that.
    sandman10 likes this.
    12-19-13 08:41 AM
    I think a thin true metal strip would look nicer. I love the carbon fiber weave on the back

Posted via my Z30
    BB_Junky and Nature Slice like this.
    12-19-13 08:50 AM
    Just put a BlackBerry logo and/or the brand name 'BlackBerry' on the bottom bezel. The silver seems out of nowhere. It won't stop me from getting one if I want an upgrade when the time comes around, but...yuck.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 09:50 AM
    I think white chin would be a nice option. Not into white bezel though cause it just makes the screen feel smaller. I really like the look of the white Z10. Mine's covered up by a commuter pretty well anyways though.

Z30 FTW - Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 09:51 AM
    I like the silver bezel at the bottom. As someone else has said its a visual que that lets you know where the bottom is. Helps in the dark too.

Also, I like the look. My only complaint is that they need to make it more resistant to scratches. I dropped my phone and it has a nick at the bottom now.
    illlya and Nature Slice like this.
    12-19-13 09:59 AM
    I like the silver strip on the bottom. I like how it's actually part of a silver strip that goes around the side of the device. I think it looks sleek and it sets it apart from every other device out there.

Take away the silver and it looks like an Android phone. No, thanks.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    12-19-13 10:19 AM
    I like the silver strip on the bottom. I like how it's actually part of a silver strip that goes around the side of the device. I think it looks sleek and it sets it apart from every other device out there.

Take away the silver and it looks like an Android phone. No, thanks.

Excatly! In a sea of touchscreens BlackBerry needs a way to stand out

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 11:05 AM
    Surely if would stand out if they put a logo there, no? Anyway, I don't love it but it isn't a deal breaker - just think it's ugly.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:18 PM
    Surely if would stand out if they put a logo there, no? Anyway, I don't love it but it isn't a deal breaker - just think it's ugly.

Posted via CB10
    You could always get a case for it. Then at least the ugliness would be uniform.

12-19-13 12:19 PM
    I actually think the silver strip is a nice touch amidst the sea of black. Now, if it didn't go up and around, that would look pretty crap I think.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:36 PM
    You could always get a case for it. Then at least the ugliness would be uniform.

The Otterbox cases I think will cover the metal strip up I believe. But personally, I really like this small attention to detail. The silver strip helps one orient the device and yes it makes it stand out a little more as a BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:55 PM
43 12