I've searched to no luck but I really want a working Gameboy emulator for my Z30 so I can play Pokemon...I know I'm a grown man but the little kid in me has been SCREAMING at me to "catch em all!" lol. Someone please help!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 10:28 AM
    I hear you. I'm running an android emu and it's working great with a wii remote on 10.2.1

I converted it to a bar as well. And both ran fine.

It's a full emu that you choose what system you want to play such as Nintendo and what not. I have my roms on my pc and it loads fine with link. The app recognizes the pc as good as the file manager app. I'll let you know the name when I get back home. I haven't had a chance to put it back in the z30 since I reinstalled the os.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 10:56 AM
    I hear you. I'm running an android emu and it's working great with a wii remote on 10.2.1

It's a full emu that you choose what system you want to play such as Nintendo and what not. I have my roms on my pc and it loads fine with link. The app recognizes the pc as good as the file manager app. I'll let you know the name when I get back home. I haven't had a chance to put it back in the z30 since I reinstalled the os.

Posted via CB10
    I have to chuckle just a little bit about this. That emulator makes the Z30 and other BlackBerry 10 phones potential console competition (to a small extent) with the ability to plug directly into the TV. I could see myself playing some old Nintendo titles on the big screen. I know, that is a bit of a stretch as the internals are not the same as say the latest X-Box One or PS4, but still kinda cool in my mind.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    12-04-13 03:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    howd ya get eh wiimote to work?
    12-04-13 03:32 PM
    Why settle with an android app when you can sideload a native one? Use Retroarch and you can get a whole bunch of emulators wrapped into 1 app.
    12-04-13 04:02 PM
    My apologies guys. It was RetroArch, a native app that I was talking about. I have tried so many and got confused. I'm even pretty sure there's an APK version that I tested as well before but the native works great. I just installed again and I love it!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...system-813245/
    12-04-13 06:19 PM
    Download the BAR here: https://app.box.com/s/agvscquxs0lmlyifqoql

Seemingly no support though. I tried contacting them about an issue and still haven't received a response.

9700 ~ 9900 ~ Z10 ~ Z30
    12-04-13 08:32 PM
    I use RetroArch, native one to play old Sega games.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-04-13 08:51 PM
    My apologies guys. It was RetroArch, a native app that I was talking about. I have tried so many and got confused. I'm even pretty sure there's an APK version that I tested as well before but the native works great. I just installed again and I love it!

Beat me to it lol

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-04-13 08:53 PM
    Anyone out there willing to write a step by step way to get an emulator and also get the roms onto a Z10 and or playbook? Or willing to point me in the write direction to a forum that already has it.
    12-04-13 08:53 PM
    Gameboy Emulator-img_4526.jpg

Love it on my 60"

My son loves his x box and all those war games and looks at me and says that's old and dumb. I play for 3 minutes and we're fighting over the controller. He needs to step off lol

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 09:01 PM
    Anyone out there willing to write a step by step way to get an emulator and also get the roms onto a Z10 and or playbook? Or willing to point me in the write direction to a forum that already has it.
    First is do you know how to install BAR files in your phone.

Play with the app to see how it works. Very simple. I go to freedoms dot com for some roms but you can find them everywhere even in bundle downloads.

Then it's up to you if you want to use the screen or blue tooth controller. I just ordered another android based controller at amazon for under $20. I'm hoping it works well. I wasn't to happy with the mogen I bought.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 09:07 PM
    Yeah I know how to side-load bar files. I am running 10.2.1 so im not sure if there are any apk's out there or not. What emulator would you recommend
    12-04-13 09:11 PM
    Yeah I know how to side-load bar files. I am running 10.2.1 so im not sure if there are any apk's out there or not. What emulator would you recommend
    I just posted the BAR file for RetroArch. Did you even read the posts within the topic or?

9700 ~ 9900 ~ Z10 ~ Z30
    12-04-13 09:21 PM

Try this one.

I put my bars on the SD card
    MISC/roms/gba

So I made a roms folder inside a misc folder. Then a folder for each game system in the roms folder. So all my game boy advance roms are in the gba folder. I like keeping things organized and easy to find.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 09:26 PM
    When you download the emulator from RetroArch are the ROMS already there or do you have to go and find them and if you do how do you put them on youre device.
    12-04-13 09:58 PM
    It said I had to install a debug token?
    12-04-13 11:01 PM
    When you download the emulator from RetroArch are the ROMS already there or do you have to go and find them and if you do how do you put them on youre device.
    You need to download the roms on your own (I use coolrom.com/roms) and put them anywhere you want. See my screen shots that allow you to browse your device file manager.

Gameboy Emulator-img_20131185.png
    Gameboy Emulator-img_20131186.png

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:46 AM
    Search the forums here. There are many resources to get the emulators you want. ROMs must be found on your own. Google knows where they are!

The Playstation One and GameBoyAdvance emus are awesome.

You will need to side load the appropriate .bar files and potentially a BIOS file. Put the ROM files in the appropriate place and party like it's 1999.
    12-05-13 06:57 AM
    I did use the site you suggested and I followed the steps they provided and downloaded the unarchiver and used it on the rom I was testing it on and I when I put it on my phone it said I need a debug token.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 11:27 AM
    Go to coolrom.com they have almost all roms

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 12:18 PM
    I was never able to get the rom on my phone though. It said I need a debug token

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 02:03 PM
    I was never able to get the rom on my phone though. It said I need a debug token

Posted via CB10
    RetroArch is a native app..you don't need a debug token to make it run. And ROMS are the files that RetroArch and other emulators use to run the games. No debug token needed there either

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 02:56 PM
    Would you be kind enough to give some step by step directions because I have failed multiple times

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:04 PM
    Step 1: go to http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...system-813245/ and download the RetroArch bar.
    Step 2: put your device in development mode, connect it to your computer and follow the instructions on how to sideload bars from here: http://crackberry.com/how-put-androi...erry-10-device
    Step 3: go to www.coolrom.com/roms to download ROMS onto your bb10 device.
    Step 4: launch RetroArch, select the correct emulator (it will be easy to recognize within the app) and then open the appropriate ROM.
    Step 5: enjoy your new portable bb10 gaming systemb

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:48 PM
31 12