Hi guys so on the 9th I get the Samsung galaxy s6 edge still keeping my z30 which I love.
    I have noticed it slowing down a bit though with updates and battery life is dropping slightly too but all in all I love the OS.
    But I saw the s6 and thought that is a thing of beauty and have to try it with Been a techy freak that I am lol.
    What you guys reckon to it what's your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    ptpete likes this.
    04-02-15 05:56 PM
    looks like an iphone 6 i wouldnt trade my passport for it only if i would make money on it to buy another passport
    anon(8908445) and QNX4all like this.
    04-02-15 06:00 PM
    I'm not a big fan of it. But I can see why someone would be. It just isn't a look I like very much. I did like the green and blue versions they had on display from a color standpoint though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Dale Lindley likes this.
    04-02-15 06:05 PM
    I had a look at S6 edge at a store - nice hardware and looks great. But I can't think of leaving bb10 and going back to android. It's been a year since I'd my z30 and I'm itching for an upgrade. But can't look past bb10. So none of them appeal to me including iphone 6, Sony z3, Samsung or htc m9.

I'm desperate to see an all touch upgrade to z30 from BlackBerry!!

Posted via CB10
    QNX4all likes this.
    04-02-15 07:53 PM
    I love how the edge and the standard S6 look. It was a much needed and well executed refresh by Samsung.

I have my eye on it but I would miss BB10 too much if I switched.

Posted via CB10
    QNX4all likes this.
    04-02-15 09:14 PM
    The S6 Edge is eye catching HOTTT! But, the lure of a visually aesthetic phone can't sway me from BB10. Z30 is exceptional in EVERY way. Android phones are gimmicky and possess no real benefits for a professional looking to increase productivity. I know as I have the GS4 and my Z30. I use the Z30 for administrative duties and the GS4 for gaming and the camera...I use none of the gimmicky stuff on GS4.

Posted via CB10
    QNX4all likes this.
    04-02-15 10:39 PM
    If they made it run on BB10 I'm the first to get it. It looks awesome just had my hands on it the other day and I like the design a lot.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 12:12 AM
    OS first, then looks. An S6 with BBOS10, yes. A Z30 with Android, no.

Posted via CB10
    QNX4all and its Steve like this.
    04-03-15 12:27 AM
    Just saw the selling price... I'll pass.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 02:18 AM
    I checked it out in the store and it's an ugly device. The screen is much worse with the curve. I will not consider the slider now that I have tried the curved screen and dislike it.

I also checked the Note Edge and that was bad too. The curve area was annoying to use and had a dark line separating the screen areas.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 05:29 AM
    I think it's a nice device, but there are some early reports of some stock coming with dead pixels on curved glass part, and scratches, so open the unit in store to check it out first.

Posted via CB10
    Dale Lindley likes this.
    04-03-15 06:11 AM
    OS first, then looks. An S6 with BBOS10, yes. A Z30 with Android, no.

Posted via CB10
    I considered going with an S6 edge in about a year, if BlackBerry isn't releasing a new all touch slab in the future. Changed my mind when I found out that the S6 has no SD card support, despite a 32GB internal memory. It's a pretty device, but I'll probably end up keeping my Z30 for another year.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 10:49 AM
    Galaxy S6 Edge reminds me of the Passport... They're both awkward to hold. Awesome design, though.
    04-03-15 11:44 AM
    looks like an iphone 6 i wouldnt trade my passport for it only if i would make money on it to buy another passport
    Very clever hahaha

With diplomatic Passport
    04-03-15 11:51 AM
    Just saw the selling price... I'll pass.

Posted via CB10
    It's less than any new flagship BlackBerry phone.....

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 01:13 PM
    If I were going Samsung, I'd go for the regular S6. The Edge is unique and all, but nothing about it seems worth the additional premium. I'd rather put that money in to a higher storage capacity standard S6.
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    04-03-15 01:19 PM
    The new Android OS Lollipop is a big improvement over the kit Kat. It's to a huge degree a lot simpler. But they had to ruin the S series by not being able to attach an external SD card and not being able to replace the battery. All of a sudden the S5 loaded with Lollipop 5.1 looks to be a better alternative.

And if the fiasco with BB's 10.3.1 upgrade ruining Z30's continues (thank god Verizon halted the upgrade), I will switch to a lollipop S5.
    04-03-15 03:34 PM
    I like the look of the S6 but no SD card slot is fail.

From a Classic
    04-03-15 05:24 PM
    ...and thought that is a thing of beauty...
    ...lies in the eyes of the beholder.

I've handled both Samsung S6 devices. The S6 feels like an iPhone 4 with its sharp, metallic edge.
    The S6 Edge is different and offers a divergent, the "cool factor" if you will, but what really are its practical advantages? I think an immediate disadvantage is that it'll be prone to damage. Time will tell.

I do like that Samsung is finally changing their design template, though this iteration is not practical with its glass back. If it was, the "masses-proclaimed guru of cool" would have stuck with a glass back since their 4 series. It's the same reason I wouldn't get the slabs that are Sonys. But boy, are they ever beautiful (to a degree)!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 10:15 PM
    I want to see what UI elements they come up with to take advantage of the those thin 'edges'. I've heard something about letting you set a contact 'hue' (color) that will make the edges light up different colors based on the caller. What else?

I guess the "drawer" type swipe in menus probably look cool.

Wonder how awkward it looks in a case.

Guess we might find out first hand if the slider really borrows the screen design.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 10:30 PM
    It is a very mic device in person,

really slim and the screen just pops on the s6 edge compared to the s6

I love my passport and wouldn't switch for it, but I'm sure many people would.

Samsung has down a great job and it is a really high quality build.
    04-04-15 12:03 AM
    I can't see why anyone would want a screen that goes around the edge. Also, no SD slot. Major fail!
    04-04-15 02:37 PM
    Holding it in your hands would probably convey a different impression, but just by looking at pictures, I am not captivated by its looks. The non-Edge Galaxy S6 would be my choice, if I were to buy one of those.
    04-04-15 03:37 PM
    the s6 looks like an iphone 6. its like creativity is dead. I like my passport cause its an eye opener phone. People ask everyday is that a phone and want to see it. Goes to show blackberry marketing skills really suck.
    andy957 likes this.
    04-04-15 05:17 PM
    the s6 looks like an iphone 6. its like creativity is dead. I like my passport cause its an eye opener phone. People ask everyday is that a phone and want to see it. Goes to show blackberry marketing skills really suck.
    Would've been better if it was a wallet opener as well.

Posted from a D618
    04-04-15 05:28 PM
34 12