I had Snap sideloaded on my Z10, and then the phone OS updated and Snap stopped working. If I opened Snap it would close instantly, but the apps still worked fine.

I recently switched to a Z30 and transferred all of the settings and everything over from my Z10.

But now the Snap icon is completely missing and I have no way of accessing it .. does anyone here have any advice on how to get it properly running again? I can still use the Snap apps and they work 100% fine... but I can't see Snap anywhere.

HALP

Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.2205
    08-11-17 10:13 PM
    Snap no longer works on 10.3.3.xxxx so there is no point installing it anymore if you are on that OS. You can look here on CB for Cobalt's solution for Google Play Store or if you just want a good Google Play Store front-end you can search for the Yalp Store in F-Droid. The latter will not allow you to use Google Play Services but then neither did Snap. I personally like Yalp but I don't use any android apps with services required so YMMV.
    08-11-17 10:23 PM
    Snap no longer works on 10.3.3.xxxx so there is no point installing it anymore if you are on that OS. You can look here on CB for Cobalt's solution for Google Play Store or if you just want a good Google Play Store front-end you can search for the Yalp Store in F-Droid. The latter will not allow you to use Google Play Services but then neither did Snap. I personally like Yalp but I don't use any android apps with services required so YMMV.
    Ok so then how do I get rid of everything? Since I've looked in taskmanager app and it's still showing android things running in the background. But I have no way of removing them.
    08-11-17 10:24 PM
    Ok so then how do I get rid of everything? Since I've looked in taskmanager app and it's still showing android things running in the background. But I have no way of removing them.
    I don't quite understand---if you want to get rid of the android apps just delete them as you would native apps (long press icons and hit the trash bin). You can also log into your Google Play Store using your PC, locate the apps you have in your account and delete them. If you are concerned about left-over files in your device you can find them using File Manager/misc/android and delete files/folders that have any reference to the apps you want removed. Be careful with File Manager though.
    08-11-17 10:32 PM
    You can try using an android uninstaller. I have used in past to clean up a relative's Z30.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-17 05:16 AM
    You seem to have the faulty Android runtime that can't delete any Android apps. What is your OS version?
    08-12-17 05:46 AM
    I don't quite understand---if you want to get rid of the android apps just delete them as you would native apps (long press icons and hit the trash bin). You can also log into your Google Play Store using your PC, locate the apps you have in your account and delete them. If you are concerned about left-over files in your device you can find them using File Manager/misc/android and delete files/folders that have any reference to the apps you want removed. Be careful with File Manager though.
    I meant the background apps, like ones which run with Snap and are not icons anywhere. But I would guess it's not as easy as deleting a directory since a lot of that stuff is protected/hidden via permissions no? Example of "background apps" (but usually there are way more):

You seem to have the faulty Android runtime that can't delete any Android apps. What is your OS version?
    Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.2205
    08-12-17 11:47 AM
    I meant the background apps, like ones which run with Snap and are not icons anywhere. But I would guess it's not as easy as deleting a directory since a lot of that stuff is protected/hidden via permissions no? Example of "background apps" (but usually there are way more):
    https://i.imgbox.com/duCJFmpQ.png

Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.2205
    Like I explained, you can delete by going into File Manager then the "misc" folder, then "android" folder. Check for any android folder ie com.android.providers.calendar etc and delete. You may also find leftover files/folders in this string: device/misc/android/android/data and they can be deleted also. CAUTION/CAUTION/CAUTION is needed. If you don't feel comfortable doing this then just leave everything alone. I do this all the time when I try android apps and then want to delete all traces.
    08-12-17 12:57 PM
    Download Ghost Commander from BB World and open the Applications page in the app, you can uninstall Android apps from there after long pressing them (just remember to only delete applications you've personally installed).
    brookie229 likes this.
    08-12-17 03:15 PM
    Download Ghost Commander from BB World and open the Applications page in the app, you can uninstall Android apps from there after long pressing them (just remember to only delete applications you've personally installed).
    Great suggestion---I forgot about GC!
    08-12-17 04:04 PM
    https://i.imgbox.com/duCJFmpQ.png

Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.2205
    You can't remove the apps shown on the screen shot. They are system apps that belong to the Android runtime!
    08-12-17 07:37 PM
    I had the same problem on my passport. Ccleaner allowed me to remove android apps.
    08-13-17 02:05 AM
    I paid for V3 before the 10.3.3 debacle and I'm still waiting for a refund despite numerous requests. Dev should have been aware of issues when 10.3.3 beta was launched in May 2016 and has done nothing to rectify the problem or issue refunds for close to 250 days now except to blame BlackBerry for some reason. He cites @blackberrydev in his Twitter feed but they've not responded to my inquiries either.

I guess I could eat the $5 but that's not the point: the dev's apparent refusal to deal with the issue; continuation of selling the V3 app for months after initial complaints about the app; his refusal to issue refunds, and; attitude toward paying users is disgusting, especially when you consider that many (like me) only paid for the app in the first place to support those who supported BB10.

Do yourselves all a favour and avoid this app and its dev like the plague and if you're looking for an Android solution for BB10 then use Cobalt's, it's far superior in everyway and is free unless you decide to chip in a couple of bucks.
    08-15-17 06:49 AM