May I ask why you went to BB10, coming from ios?

If you keep the phone, can you please do a write up between ios and bb10 in a couple of weeks. What features you like best and what should be added/ changed. People from BlackBerry listen to these forums and so do developers.

Also, if you have the vzw z30, you're going to love wireless charging.

Enjoy

Posted via CB10
    The main reasons I went with the BB are because of its ease of use, organization, and speed to access the multitask features (such as the calendar, the Hub, File Manager, sharing capabilities, texting, SD slot, and more). I'm sure the 5s would have been able to do some of the same functionalities but not at the same speed and ease of use to access the information. These features are what sets BB apart from its competitors. At least this is from my unbiased perspective. I have never owned a BB before.

Someone should be thanking the sales rep at the Verizon store for introducing me to the BB Z30 six months ago. Otherwise, I would have never thought about a BB considering their troubles of late. After six months of multiple trips and learning the phone, I couldn't resist when they dropped the price to $100 on a two year contract. It looks like this is going to be a great decision (assuming the screen freeze issue is resolved) when I get my new Z30. Thank you all for your input.
    sleepngbear, jlsr and Carl Estes like this.
    03-01-14 06:35 PM
    I know it's human nature and all, but really guys - is it necessary to repeat over and over again that you haven't had any issues? Clearly the OP has. Let's follow the lead of those who are helping them try to solve their problems instead of being defensive and stating how you personally haven't had issues
    Them saying they have had no problems helped the OP to realise that there might be a problem with his specific phone.....what is your issue with that? Good reviews helped him in this case.....seriously some of you need to can it
    WWBlondieDo and Carl Estes like this.
    03-01-14 07:46 PM
    Hi, it sounds there's an issue with that one. I was actually nervous getting the Z30 because the battery was non-removeable, and I solved a lot of problems by taking the battery out of my last phone. But ever since I've had it in October, no serious issues. I've probably only restarted a handful amount of times, and only for small things that bugged me a bit.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Also keep in mind that if you want to do the equivalent of a battery pull on your device, just hold down the volume up and down key at the same time for about 10 seconds. That's like hard rebooting it or battery pulling it. BlackBerry built that in there (I'm assuming because the new phones have non removable batteries and if you REALLY need to do a legit battery pull. 99/100 times though, the volume up/down is overkill and just a normal restart will fix the problem.)
    03-01-14 09:36 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry....I have had the z30 unlocked on T-Mo running thr latest leak and no screen freezes at all. Very powerful phone and makes the iPhone little screen look like a toy. I love the z30
    a_texas_vol likes this.
    03-01-14 09:51 PM
    I purchased a new BlackBerry (z30) for the first time ever and I have to say my experience hasn't been very positive. But first let me start by saying this is the most amazing phone I have ever owned. The flow of the operating system, long battery life, and just the overall functionality of the phone makes it the among the best communication devices on the market. Unfortunately, my phone has many issues.

Within the first couple of days of ownership, the screen starts freezing up. The only way I can move forward is by restarting the phone or clearing the memory or Internet cookies. I am going to return the phone within the next couple of days, either returning it for a refund or replacing it with a new BlackBerry z30.

My question is 'are BlackBerry z30 problematic with screen freezes?'. does anyone else have this problem?
    The more I use my Z30 and BB10 It makes wonder why I even considered the Note 3. BB10 is fresh and after learning the gestures it is smart and so easy to use. I am so curious to know what would happen if the Z30 becomes available at a lower price or BB starts marketing it. An apple user was so pleased after using the Z30 for just 7 days he recorded and posted a video of his time with the device. Multiply that by thousand or millions of iPhone users and that would be a problem for Apple and for the carriers that went out and purchased millions of (unsold) iPhones. hmmm maybe that why the rep, even though I walked in the store carrying a Z30, kept going back to Apple while they were signing me up for service.

No, No freezes. It has been smooth as butter but don't let the smooth taste fool ya, it's an elegant beast.
    Last edited by Taede; 03-05-14 at 02:14 PM.
    Carl Estes and TrueKulcha like this.
    03-01-14 10:02 PM
    OP, just for grins, visit the Leaks forum and look into upgrading the OS if you can before returning it. Can't hurt to give that a shot. Or plug it into Link and do a system refresh, which will reload the current OS.

PS: To other members -- this is how help and advice are constructively sought. Thank you, a_texas_vol.
    One concern re installing a leak - if the carrier says it voided the warrantee you might not be able to return/exchange it. Best advice is just take it back to the carrier as you've done.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-01-14 10:53 PM
    Original poster here: Just wanted to say thanking for the confidence in the Z30. After troubleshooting with VZW tech support, there appears to be a software issue. I'm swapping out the phone for a new Z30. If it weren't for the positive reviews on this forum, I would have likely went back to the iPhone. I'm happy that I could stay with BlackBerry because the Z30 is one of the most fluid phones I have ever used.
    Software issues can often be resolved with factory resets when all else fails.

Glad to hear Big Red is taking care of you though.
    a_texas_vol likes this.
    03-01-14 11:11 PM
    One concern re installing a leak - if the carrier says it voided the warrantee you might not be able to return/exchange it. Best advice is just take it back to the carrier as you've done.

It won't void warranty

Via CB Rockin Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141 /2142 Radio
    03-01-14 11:24 PM
    i just think you got a lemon. get another one and then decide
    03-01-14 11:31 PM
    I have had this happen on my Z30 once or twice but can't deliberately replicate the issue and can't figure out what caused it. Both times were before latest update though.
    03-01-14 11:43 PM
    I suppose. I was probably a little hyper sensitive because of the barrage of "I don't have a problem" responses that tend to pop up when someone does report one.
    Well if it were you reporting a problem, wouldn't you want to know if it was rare or widespread? I know I would. If it's rare, you can start preparing for the possibility of needing support from your carrier or BB; if it's more common, there's a good chance you'll get info on how to resolve it right here.

Yeah, some people get testy about it; but then that all depends on how the problem is posed in the first place.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-02-14 11:41 AM
    awesome phone. been a keyboard guy back to 2004, so big change. battery life is great, Snap for apps is awesome , kinda funny when a iphone user says i have no apps to choose from....not!! change your phone out and make sure OS is uptodate.
    03-02-14 12:27 PM
    Also keep in mind that if you want to do the equivalent of a battery pull on your device, just hold down the volume up and down key at the same time for about 10 seconds. That's like hard rebooting it or battery pulling it. BlackBerry built that in there (I'm assuming because the new phones have non removable batteries and if you REALLY need to do a legit battery pull. 99/100 times though, the volume up/down is overkill and just a normal restart will fix the problem.)
    Thanks for the info on rebooting the Z30. I've had this baby for a month and actually searched help for instructions on rebooting and never came across this tip.

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    03-04-14 11:25 AM
    We have two Z30's in our house and have no issues at all.
    03-04-14 10:06 PM
    I've never seen anything like what OP is describing since ditching my SG4. Do you have Android apps installed? Even if an app misbehaves/crashes/freezes, you should be able to simply swipe up out of it and close it. The rest of the system will keep on truckin'. This is why QNX Is used in mission critical systems like nuclear power plants, the international space station, medical devices, etc. It's extremely difficult to freeze the whole system as is wont to happen on Android or even iOS.
    I wish BB10 and CB10 users would STOP stating what you did in the first sentence. There is a Major reason why BlackBerry does NOT advertise to the public about Android runtime
    ... cause there is no guarantees to android app performance. And many android apps on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141 have frozen and stuck for roughly 3-5 seconds, even if the only app running or after a reboot before launching it.

First time BlackBerry user and disappointed...-img_20140211_192835.png

First time BlackBerry user and disappointed...-img_20140211_192829.png

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    Admorris likes this.
    03-05-14 01:42 AM
    Just want to comment that BB10 is only a little more than ONE year old, and its current state is day and night different from a year ago. If BlackBerry stays its cause, it is going to be the greatest mobile OS on this planet pretty quick.

And on the device side, I am excited about Chen's comments on bring in "sexy" devices that won't be a year late in specs. I can't wait for this device to be available for me.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-08-14 01:00 PM
    Agreed. This is the best phone I have ever owned. And I have had them all. Iphone,android, and windows phone. BB10 beats all of them.

Posted via Z30
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-09-14 01:05 PM
    I wish BB10 and CB10 users would STOP stating what you did in the first sentence. There is a Major reason why BlackBerry does NOT advertise to the public about Android runtime
    ... cause there is no guarantees to android app performance. And many android apps on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141 have frozen and stuck for roughly 3-5 seconds, even if the only app running or after a reboot before launching it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140211_192835.png 
Views:	325 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	252861

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140211_192829.png 
Views:	324 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	252862

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    Lol... you are trying a browser that is designed to run on native android.... use the BB10 browser...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-09-14 01:11 PM
68 123