I've had no problems with my Z10 and haven't read many problems with the Z30. If you have enough time left in your return period, I'd say try the latest leak. I'd that doesn't work or you need to return it soon, try a new one for sure.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 11:11 PM
    Original poster here: Just wanted to say thanking for the confidence in the Z30. After troubleshooting with VZW tech support, there appears to be a software issue. I'm swapping out the phone for a new Z30. If it weren't for the positive reviews on this forum, I would have likely went back to the iPhone. I'm happy that I could stay with BlackBerry because the Z30 is one of the most fluid phones I have ever used.
    Good. Freezes are not the norm. Not on any modern mobile phone.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    02-28-14 11:18 PM
    Only had my Z30 for a couple of weeks but it has worked perfectly for me.. no freezes
    03-01-14 05:28 AM
    I'm glad you have resolved your problem. Hope you do realise that there is no such thing as a perfect product. Someone is bound to be the unlucky one to get a defective product. However if the general review of the Z30 has been very good, then its highly likely to be true. Patience is a virtue.
    Enjoy your Z30....cause I know you will.
    03-01-14 08:51 AM
    I know it's human nature and all, but really guys - is it necessary to repeat over and over again that you haven't had any issues? Clearly the OP has. Let's follow the lead of those who are helping them try to solve their problems instead of being defensive and stating how you personally haven't had issues
    Berry_Pink and Sequester#WN like this.
    03-01-14 10:11 AM
    no issues

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Z30.
    03-01-14 10:45 AM
    I know it's human nature and all, but really guys - is it necessary to repeat over and over again that you haven't had any issues? Clearly the OP has. Let's follow the lead of those who are helping them try to solve their problems instead of being defensive and stating how you personally haven't had issues
    If you read a little more, you will find that OP has resolved the problem.
    anon(5061193) and a_texas_vol like this.
    03-01-14 10:53 AM
    I have no issues

Via CB Rockin Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141 /2142 Radio
    03-01-14 10:55 AM
    Yep. And people are still chiming in with np
    03-01-14 11:03 AM
    I did.

Still find it silly that so many people felt the need to say, "well I don't have a problem" instead of offering useful suggestions of how to potentially solve the issue

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble and 21stNow like this.
    03-01-14 11:48 AM
    The np posts are/were helpful to the OP.
    If he had gotten a bunch of "mine freezes too" posts he would have switched devices instead of just replacing his z30.

The n.p. Posts gave him some faith that his next z30 would be ok.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 11:49 AM
    If he had gotten a bunch of "mine freezes too" posts he would have switched devices instead of just replacing his z30.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't think they provided any value, to be honest. They came across like a bunch of over-sensitive people reacting because someone didn't have a good experience on the device they liked.

Now if the posts had said, "I don't have this problem, but perhaps try looking at ____, ____, and ____", that would be different.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    03-01-14 11:54 AM
    Welcome to the BB family!

I'm sure once you get your Z30 issue sorted out, you will be hooked and really will come to love the supportive community here. As you can already see, we welcome new comers, are here to help ya with any questions you have.
    03-01-14 11:56 AM
    Only had my Z30 for a couple of weeks but it has worked perfectly for me.. no freezes

Just an update from this morning... I am STILL not having problems
    mkelley65 likes this.
    03-01-14 12:32 PM
    Just an update from this morning... I am STILL not having problems
    Life is very boring :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 01:16 PM
    Still find it silly that so many people felt the need to say, "well I don't have a problem" instead of offering useful suggestions of how to potentially solve the issue
    Posted via CB10
    Silly? Absolutely. Shouldn't be silly? Nah, I know what you're saying, but it's internet. Most people get online to waste time, instead of being productive. We are doing what we are supposed to do... helping people is just side effect.
    03-01-14 01:28 PM
    No issue with my Z30

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    03-01-14 01:32 PM
    You do realize the OP asked "My question is 'are BlackBerry z30 problematic with screen freezes?'. does anyone else have this problem? "
    03-01-14 01:34 PM
    Silly? Absolutely. Shouldn't be silly? Nah, I know what you're saying, but it's internet. Most people get online to waste time, instead of being productive. We are doing what we are supposed to do... helping people is just side effect.
    Ha! This gets my favorite post of the day award!
    03-01-14 01:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are exactly right. Before visiting this site, I was prepared to exchange the BB for a 5s. However, after all the positive comments and assertions such as "rock solid", it gave me the confidence I'm likely dealing with a defective phone and a replacement phone would work just fine. Aside from the software issues, I really love this phone - and that says a lot coming from me. The last time I said anything like that about a cell phone was in the late 90s when I got my first Qualcomm with an expandable antenna. \(^o^)/

We have a bunch a passionate folks on here. As I had mentioned before, this is my first BB and I didn't realize there was such a huge following. I feel like I am part of a big family now with a lot of distance cousins watching my back.
    03-01-14 02:22 PM
    I've had a couple occurrences where the screen will freeze up. Usually its after I minimize a android app but has happened I know one other time where I was leaving a native app. Anyways, it usually cleared itself up after 20-60 seconds. Once I couldn't get a response for 40 or so seconds and just placed the phone against my holster. The screen shut off and I pulled it back and it came up, and I could use the phone no issue.

Definitely software related.
    03-01-14 02:25 PM
    I don't know if it was me not using it right or the app, but I was using Adobe reader and it kind of locked up where I couldn't go back to reading. I was able to swipe up and close it and then the app stared the screen work again.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 02:40 PM
    Original poster here: Just wanted to say thanking for the confidence in the Z30. After troubleshooting with VZW tech support, there appears to be a software issue. I'm swapping out the phone for a new Z30. If it weren't for the positive reviews on this forum, I would have likely went back to the iPhone. I'm happy that I could stay with BlackBerry because the Z30 is one of the most fluid phones I have ever used.
    May I ask why you went to BB10, coming from ios?

If you keep the phone, can you please do a write up between ios and bb10 in a couple of weeks. What features you like best and what should be added/ changed. People from BlackBerry listen to these forums and so do developers.

Also, if you have the vzw z30, you're going to love wireless charging.

Enjoy

Posted via CB10
    a_texas_vol likes this.
    03-01-14 04:05 PM
    You do realize the OP asked "My question is 'are BlackBerry z30 problematic with screen freezes?'. does anyone else have this problem? "
    I suppose. I was probably a little hyper sensitive because of the barrage of "I don't have a problem" responses that tend to pop up when someone does report one.
    03-01-14 04:35 PM
    It's not freeze here

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:23 PM
68 123