I purchased a new BlackBerry (z30) for the first time ever and I have to say my experience hasn't been very positive. But first let me start by saying this is the most amazing phone I have ever owned. The flow of the operating system, long battery life, and just the overall functionality of the phone makes it the among the best communication devices on the market. Unfortunately, my phone has many issues.

Within the first couple of days of ownership, the screen starts freezing up. The only way I can move forward is by restarting the phone or clearing the memory or Internet cookies. I am going to return the phone within the next couple of days, either returning it for a refund or replacing it with a new BlackBerry z30.

My question is 'are BlackBerry z30 problematic with screen freezes?'. does anyone else have this problem?
    02-28-14 05:18 AM
    Nah, you got a Friday / Monday phone. No freeze ups here ever.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 05:20 AM
    No issues on my Z30 either.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 05:26 AM
    Did you updated your OS? Or what is the OS you are using? Where you get your phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 05:30 AM
    First thing you need to do is make sure you upgrade to the latest OS.
    It's an excellent device, and you'll find (in most cases) that when something goes wrong it's usually due to human error.
    Not in this case... from the little you've told us
    It's a solid device withe a great OS.I'm sure you just got a bad one. It happens!!
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    02-28-14 05:30 AM
    Have you installed any apps, or is the phone running only what was shipped on it? I was fully expecting my Z30 to have problems because my Z10 was nothing BUT problems. But it's been rock solid. If you are having crashes and you installed something that is running, either headless or in a frame, uninstall it and see if that helps. There are leaks available and not too difficult to install, which will get you a newer revision of firmware. But unless you've done it once it's not the most intuitive thing in the world to do, despite what everyone says. As far as I know the version of firmware shipping is not unstable - it just lacks a few features.

If you are unhappy with the phone, take it back and swap it for a new one.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-28-14 06:02 AM
    Hi, it sounds there's an issue with that one. I was actually nervous getting the Z30 because the battery was non-removeable, and I solved a lot of problems by taking the battery out of my last phone. But ever since I've had it in October, no serious issues. I've probably only restarted a handful amount of times, and only for small things that bugged me a bit.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    bungaboy and Lawrie Sherratt like this.
    02-28-14 06:45 AM
    I've never seen anything like what OP is describing since ditching my SG4. Do you have Android apps installed? Even if an app misbehaves/crashes/freezes, you should be able to simply swipe up out of it and close it. The rest of the system will keep on truckin'. This is why QNX Is used in mission critical systems like nuclear power plants, the international space station, medical devices, etc. It's extremely difficult to freeze the whole system as is wont to happen on Android or even iOS.
    bbtino and LonelyTylenoL like this.
    02-28-14 08:43 AM
    No issues with two Z30s I've used.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 08:54 AM
    Never had any freezing issues

Posted via my Z30
    02-28-14 09:03 AM
    sounds like you got a bum phone, or the OS got corrupted. I would take it back for a new unit if you are in that period of time with the purchase, otherwise, still in Manufacturer's warranty.

Get a replacement.

c
    02-28-14 09:05 AM
    OP, just for grins, visit the Leaks forum and look into upgrading the OS if you can before returning it. Can't hurt to give that a shot. Or plug it into Link and do a system refresh, which will reload the current OS.

PS: To other members -- this is how help and advice are constructively sought. Thank you, a_texas_vol.
    02-28-14 11:51 AM
    Been using the Z30 since November and have not had any freezing issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 12:34 PM
    I've had the Z30 for months now. No problems.
    02-28-14 12:55 PM
    Mine is flawless! What OS are you on?
    02-28-14 01:05 PM
    My Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 has been flawless since launch day.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 01:10 PM
    Original poster here: Just wanted to say thanking for the confidence in the Z30. After troubleshooting with VZW tech support, there appears to be a software issue. I'm swapping out the phone for a new Z30. If it weren't for the positive reviews on this forum, I would have likely went back to the iPhone. I'm happy that I could stay with BlackBerry because the Z30 is one of the most fluid phones I have ever used.
    02-28-14 01:54 PM
    Our work here is done....

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 02:36 PM
    No freezes since it was released.
    02-28-14 02:51 PM
    Original poster here: Just wanted to say thanking for the confidence in the Z30. After troubleshooting with VZW tech support, there appears to be a software issue. I'm swapping out the phone for a new Z30. If it weren't for the positive reviews on this forum, I would have likely went back to the iPhone. I'm happy that I could stay with BlackBerry because the Z30 is one of the most fluid phones I have ever used.
    Well, then you deserve a proper welcome.... but, I don't wanna turn this into a negative thing,LOL so:

to the Zoo!
    Dig in! Once you're a member, there's no going back.
    Why do you think we call 'em Addicts?
    02-28-14 04:39 PM
    You do realize that a software issue is fixed with a thing called a patch. And Verizon haven't updated BB10 devices to 10.2.1
    02-28-14 04:53 PM
    Awesome -- you'll have better luck this time, I'm sure!
    02-28-14 04:55 PM
    No problem with mine at all. Solid as a rock.

Posted with the Glorious Z30
    02-28-14 05:04 PM
    You do realize that a software issue is fixed with a thing called a patch. And Verizon haven't updated BB10 devices to 10.2.1
    I'm not sure if there is a patch and I don't want to take any chances before my 14 day "no worries" warranty expires. I will update my new phone with 10.2.1 when it arrives. Thanks for the info.
    02-28-14 09:41 PM
    Z10's were updated weeks ago....which is why I only lasted 3 days on the Z30 before I learned how to install a leaked OS.....

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 09:58 PM
68 123