I picked up 2 Z30 last night at a Bell store, one for myself, and one for my wife. The lady at the Bell store didn't know they had received them and the Z30 was not on display...

We are both new to BB10, coming from Android. After a day of use, my wife, who is not tech savvy at all, kept repeating: "Wow, this is such a great phone, so much better than the one I had before". I think I scored a few points This is the first time she's using BB10. It took her a bit of time to get used to it, but now I wouldn't take it back from her without fearing for my life.

As for me, my reaction is "Wow, wow". I absolutely love it too. The hub and priority hub are soooo convenient. I just love having all my email (personal and work) text message, and now BBM messages (new discovery for us) all in one place. Setting up my work email was a breeze. I remember when I set up my work emails on my android, it took more than half an hour as the phone had to be encrypted. I was also forced to add a password, which I didn't want. This time, it took me less than 2 minutes without the unneeded password.

One of the killer feature for me as a professional user, is the ability to see all the attachments in one place, sorted by time. You have no idea how much time I'm going to save with that feature, to the point that when I need to find a specific attachment, now I look at my phone instead of my laptop! With BBY, you get stuff done very efficiently and I love it.

Initially, I was a bit loss because of the lack of home button. When coming from android, it's a bit disturbing but I got used to it fairly quickly. The phone is fast and navigating between apps is very quick with gestures.

One thing surprising. Last night, I had no problem setting up my phone on our home wifi, but couldn't get my wife's phone to connect. After a couple of hours of trying, it started to work for some reason. Now it works well so no complain.

One thing that I also love is the fact that when you install an app, you have the possibility of refusing the app to access your personal data when it's not needed. That's one of the reason why I got frustrated with Android and ended up not using apps at all. This is something that people should be made aware of. With BB10, you don't have to give up your privacy to play a freaking game or read a newspaper with an app!

One last (funny) thing. I use my phone as an alarm clock in the morning. I thought I had it set up properly last night... I was one hour late at work this morning. My fault, bad habits from Android

I have now become a new spokesperson for BBY. Everybody at work now knows I have the Z30 and I'm publicizing it as much as I can. If the company goes under, it would be such a shame. The Z30 is, in my opinion, the best phone on the market right now. Hardware alone is nothing without the software and BB10 is better than the "designed-for-teenage-girl-iOS7" and the "designed-for-spies-Android". And honestly, does the ppi count really matters that much? I put an iPhone 5s next to my Z30. I couldn't see a difference in the resolution... But I had to laugh at the size of the 5s screen...
    ukmight, cyblitz, acecard and 16 others like this.
    10-16-13 07:40 PM
    Glad to see someone's enjoying a brand new Z30. I just ordered mine through Telus, I'm waiting for it to ship at some point. I'll be paying close attention to my e-mails over the next little while, that's for certain.
    10-16-13 07:54 PM
    well done ! happy to read that you are pleased with your Z 30 ! Blackberry Z 30 is second to none as a work devise !
    10-16-13 07:55 PM
    Glad you like it. It's my third BB10 phone, and I have been running the leaks, so nothing is really new, but I can't put it down.
    10-16-13 08:01 PM
    Good to hear about your experience & welcome!

The new attachments consolidated view, is really a time saver. No need to go through the motions of "Oh, Billy sent that to me a few weeks ago, Browse, Browse, Browse - oh wait, Search for Billy, Browse Browse Browse - Oh there it is. Nope, different e-mail, different attachment". It really is a simple feature that eases frustrations.

Keep us up to date with your findings & questions.
    imcurved and Fortunate Fool like this.
    10-16-13 08:02 PM
    So very jealous. Thanks for sharing.
    10-16-13 08:16 PM
    One other funny anecdote I forgot to mention...

I was with Fido before and since they are not carrying the Z30, I had to move to another operator. I chose Bell.

The morning, I received an email from Fido:

Dear F,

We miss you and we’d really like you to come back to Fido. That’s why we’re offering you 50% off the monthly plan of your choice for the next 6 months!� And it's totally term commitment free! It’s our very best deal and we want you to have it.

Too bad. I hope there'll be lots of people like me that will turn their back on those who no longer support a Canadian company. My wallet is where my mouth is...
    alan510, spiculated and habs_fan like this.
    10-16-13 08:50 PM
    Woohoo wicked. Now only if more ppl are willing to give ot a try instead of assuming the worst.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:54 PM

I was with Fido before and since they are not carrying the Z30, I had to move to another operator. I chose Bell.

The morning, I received an email from Fido:

Dear F,

We miss you and we�d really like you to come back to Fido. That�s why we�re offering you 50% off the monthly plan of your choice for the next 6 months!� And it's totally term commitment free! It�s our very best deal and we want you to have it.

Too bad. I hope there'll be lots of people like me that will turn their back on those who no longer support a Canadian company. My wallet is where my mouth is...
    I wanted to change off fido as well to get a Z30. However I decided to just get one shipped from telus for 600+ tax and get it unlocked in the end. Less hassle.
    10-16-13 09:04 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Played with a Z30 tonight at a Bell store. Could not put it down. Can't wait to get mine, sometime next week.
    10-16-13 09:06 PM
    Glad to hear a newby or two loving BlackBerry 10.

I have used BB's since pagers and communication has always been most important. Entertainment, cameras and video had to be sacrificed, but no longer! The Hub and priority hub are awesome extensions. I am in IT and have supported phones from Palm to Apple to Android, tablets, laptops and computers of all varieties, including mainframes, micros, desktops. Microsoft, Apple, Linux, and many others.

Most valuable computer is my Z30! Hands down! And I learned this from my Z10. I have used all BB OS's and with BB 10, I am able to do the things I could not on previous BlackBerry's, including my Bold 9900.

The HDMI out is awesome! The screen is great! At 5" 1080p only means more battery use and Remote Desktop sucks on 5" screen, but 720p works great. I have a dozen movies including Avatar, and digital cartoons like Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and King Fu Panda and I am totally captivated by the video AND awesome sound! Notifications at the top of the screen I can dismiss or open no matter what I am doing.

I have close to 100 apps installed, a hand full of which are fames (although I want my NFS Undercover and aanimoog synthesizer back I have on my Z10).

It is my number one camera and video (and I have others including a camcorder). I can crop and edit pictures and video. I can create sideshows... Everyone can be a "Prosumer."

Typing with the virtual keyboard either two handed or one is great and because of the new sounds that accompany some of the keys like backspace, shift, switching keyboards and swiping/deleting words, I have turned auditory feedback on because it can help go even faster.

I write a lot, notes, documents, spreadsheets, text, email etc and love my virtual keyboard and predictive typing. No more keyboard required. Editing is easy, copying and pasting even easier in 10.2. Nothing compares to the frustration of doing these things with iOS or Android.

Gestures are great! No home button is great! I actually have always had trouble with the home button, but have become used to it when solving problems on iPhone or Android.

I have shown a few Android and iPhone users what I can do that they cannot. Notifications, peak, hub, predictive typing that works... And a stunning movie in Avatar!

I can go on!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 09:49 PM

The morning, I received an email from Fido:\

I know... when the time comes for me to switch carriers because I've found a better deal or whatever, it will be too late for my current carrier to keep me, and winning me back won't work because I'll probably be on a contract.... which just goes to support my assertion that the major Canadian carriers have rationalized the market saturation and are not even trying to keep customers any more, just trade customers back and forth every few months... and in order to show shareholders "growth" all they can do is raise rates.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-16-13 09:53 PM
    congrats, want to buy me a Z30 too? i'm waiting for BB10.2 on my Z10 might get a Z30 but i'm happy with the 10 so i'm holding off.

what android phones did you and your wife come from just out of curiosity, more modern ones or oldies?
    10-16-13 11:37 PM
    I plan to wait until next summer before considering to switch away from my Z10, but now this...
    10-16-13 11:51 PM
    Awesome, glad you and your wife like it

Posted from my Z10
    10-16-13 11:57 PM