Hello:

I pulled the battery from my Bold 9700 Friday... reminded me of that scene from Old Yeller, where the boy has to shoot his dog.. and booted up my Z30. I am into my second day with the phone, used it to video stream my son's hockey game to his absent coach; shopped for groceries; answered some work emails. I have an Otterbox Defender to protect it from drops at the arena and the yard and even with the case, the phone fits fine in jacket pockets. My 11 year old i-everything daughter has given the Z30 her stamp of approval.

Typical burn in issues trying to get used to BB 10... but one unexpected problem is trying to use the BB gestures on other devices. I have a Samsung Note 10.1 (which I love) and I keep swipping to close an app, but nothing happens! Using it for work this week will be the real test. I am in telecom sales and very dependant on my smartphone. I could have chosen any device, and thought through this quite a bit. These forums were helpful and in the hopes I might be able to give a little back, I will post an update at the end of the week or answer any questions someone might have who is trying to decide if the Z30 is for them. So far, I am pleased, but work will provide the final verdict.
    02-22-14 06:44 PM
    Good choice. Be aware that OB is not waterproof. Love my Einzige folding case. Know what you mean about swiping up to exit apps. If you go to Hub screen before setting your ZED down or putting it in your pocket, camera, search, or phone won't inadvertently awake. Doc Neutron
    02-23-14 09:35 AM