Argh...I love this phone. I tell everyone how great it is. Today, however, it has started to randomly reboot. At one point, over and over even halfway through the restart.

I had downloaded a screen saver app and first experienced the reboot when using it connected to my plasma through HDMI. I stopped doing that and now tonight, five reboots in a row. I had a full charge on the phone, but I tried plugging it in and that broke the cycle of reboots.

First thing I did is delete the screen saver app and search through the forum for anything like this, but decided to start a new thread.

Anyone else ever have this issue? I have a STA 100-5 on Bell with 10.2.0.429 as I have not been brave enough to install the leak yet.

Thanks for any input.

Tapped and flicked from my BlackBerry Z30!
    01-19-14 08:44 PM
    That's definitely not right. What OS are you on, and do you have a lot of Android apps installed?
    01-19-14 08:49 PM
    I didn't think so. OS as above with a reasonable amount of apps. After deleting the screen saver so far so good, but I will post of it happens more.

01-19-14 11:05 PM
    Damn it. Nothing open but CB a few minutes ago, and bam, down she goes . Not plugged in starts booting up, BlackBerry logo appears, gets to 100% (love that you tap the logo to switch to %) and then red light, black screen and then the same thing for five more times until I plug in the phone and now here I am back and frustrated.

Any thoughts? Actually, I believe that I agreed to have some reporting to better the experience or something like that. Would there be a log that I can send to BlackBerry?

01-20-14 12:30 AM
    I would say reload the OS via BlackBerry Link. That way you can eliminate software being the cause.
    01-20-14 12:33 AM
    Is that with a full wipe?

01-20-14 12:54 AM
    I had same problem a month ago. I suspect it was the top bezel that was the main cause of the problem. Touch it gently and no more problems, so far.

Proud user of Z30 and Q10
    01-20-14 01:21 AM
    Does BlackBerry 10 have screen savers? Wouldn't that require the headless API?

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    01-20-14 06:38 AM
    It just went to reboot loop while I was replying to this message. I think it is a power issue as the only way to get out of the reboot loop is to plug it in. That is how I got back here.

The screen saver is an app that you have to run in an active frame. It is nice looking, but guilt by association. Reboots started after first using it.

01-20-14 07:35 AM
    Copy your contacts to the sim card, copy your pics etc. To a memory card. Install the latest leak via an autoloader from these forums. 10.2.1.1925 works excellently and it will wipe the device in the process. Do not do a backup / restore. Get back the contacts from the sim card and the other stuff from the memory card. Your BlackBerry ID will pull back in all your BBM contacts and BlackBerry World will allow you to redownload whatever apps you had before including paid ones. That way you are sure you have no ties whatsoever to the previous installation

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    01-22-14 12:35 PM
    Not really. I am just within 30 days of purchase, so I am simply replacing. I scoured online for other instances and can not find any but one, so I am pretty comfortable that the issue is hardware and a replacement will fix the problem. My suppliers have not heard of this on any other units.

01-22-14 01:16 PM
    Not really. I am just within 30 days of purchase, so I am simply replacing. I scoured online for other instances and can not find any but one, so I am pretty comfortable that the issue is hardware and a replacement will fix the problem. My suppliers have not heard of this on any other units.
    I guess things like these is why you want to buy from a place you can return/exchange easily.. Sounds terrible.. Good luck.
    Would you mind sharing where you bought it from?
    01-22-14 01:19 PM
    Is that with a full wipe?

I would recommend a full wipe

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 01:32 PM
    Thanks for all the advice. I am not even going to bother doing the wipe as my 30 days was just about up and the provider is shipping me a new one overnight no questions asked. I just transfer everything over to the new phone tomorrow and ship back (prepaid) the old handset.

It is through World Lynx who is the provider for my employee home use plan. They are a Bell reseller.

If 10.2.1 is on its way out thus week, I am not going to bother with the leak. Maybe when 10.3 is leaked

01-22-14 02:02 PM
    Thanks for all the advice. I am not even going to bother doing the wipe as my 30 days was just about up and the provider is shipping me a new one overnight no questions asked. I just transfer everything over to the new phone tomorrow and ship back (prepaid) the old handset.

It is through World Lynx who is the provider for my employee home use plan. They are a Bell reseller.

If 10.2.1 is on its way out thus week, I am not going to bother with the leak. Maybe when 10.3 is leaked
    That's the best way, thanks for the reply, sounds like a very reliable reseller. I wouldn't worry about trying to fix it when it is within return/replacement period.
    I am sure all Z30 users here appreciate you reporting this issue.. It actually seems to be a hardware problem.
    01-22-14 02:35 PM
    New phone, leaked OS and lots of weird things but nothing major so far.

01-27-14 03:39 PM
    Reload OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 04:28 PM