I know there are plenty of other topic like this, but thought I would give my own opinion.

I upgraded from my BB9900 to a Z30. I have always been a keyboard person, tried a touch screen a few years ago and didn't get on with it.

I thought about the Q30, but the screen size of the Z30 convinced me.

I loaded the 10.2.1.1925 leak before I did anything, so I cannot comment on how a Z30 ran before.

Here are my comments and views.

WHERE IS MY BUTTON, I NEED A BUTTON, I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A BUTTON!!!!!!

Now the above is a sarcastic comment. I thought I would miss not having a button, but I don't, I actually think having a button is now a silly idea. Swiping and active frames is such a good idea and is so simple to use and understand.

The Hub, peek and flow are all so simple to use. I used to have different leds and message tones for different people. I know this can be done in BB10, but a quick look in the Hub and I know who it is and what they want.

My Mrs has tried the phone and loved it, she decided that she had to have one and bought out the bit remaining on her contract so she could get one, she wan't going to wait!

My Playbook has not been touched since I got my Z30. I use to use the Playbook because of the screen size of the 9900. But I can do it all on my Z30

I know I can install Android Apps, and I have installed quite a few, but I have never been a 'I need an app for that' person. However, there are quite a few useful ones that I have installed to make things easier.

Now these are the thing I didn't know, and I thought I was quite up to speed with Blackberry's.

BBM Video - This can be used over WIFI and a 3G/4G network. I just assumed it was WIFI, but have not read anywhere that you could use 3G/4G, unless this is a 10.2.1 update.

Remote File Access - I was using Box to access file when I was out, didn't know about this feature until I noticed it mentioned on the Forum. Now I had some issues getting it to work with McAfee, but it is all working fine now. I don't remember seeing this mentioned too much.

I am sure there are many more, but at the moment I am more than happy with my Z30.

Trevor
    Elite1 and geekaren like this.
    02-01-14 04:29 AM
    Hi Trevor, and congrats on your new Z30, one of the best kept secrets in mobile.
    Glad to hear you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!
    02-01-14 04:48 AM
    Nothing but joy here, too. On day 12 of the Z30. My wife prefers the size of her 9900 but for me the larger device is much better. Best phone I ever owned to date.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    02-01-14 06:36 AM
    Nothing but joy here, too. On day 12 of the Z30. My wife prefers the size of her 9900 but for me the larger device is much better. Best phone I ever owned to date.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    Coming from a 9900, what gb data package did you chose? And do you feel you'll need more?
    02-01-14 06:46 AM