I've had Z10 since Feb 13, and loved it, with the one exception of the battery life, which is (at least for me) atrocious. I've banged on about it before on CB, but, being a pretty heavy user, it's not unusual for me to be out from 7am, back at 11pm and already be well into battery no. 3 (and, on one occasion, 4).

So, today I swung a good deal and ended up with a white Z30. I knew I was getting a premium feel phone, as I'd played around with one in the shop, but I really didn't expect the difference to be so vast. I really FEELS like a quality phone. The bigger screen is great, and, yes, there are sharper screens out there, but so far I've been playing around with it on and off for 4 hours - I've lost 12% battery. 12%! My Z10 would've done at least 50%, maybe much more.

More than happy thus far. It's such a shame that Blackberry didn't get their fingers out a few years ago and kept up with the Jones's. I really do believe that this handset would have been up with the S4's of this world had BB not pretty much thrown themselves off of the radar. Spec wise, it's mid-range, but battery life is amazing, the OS original and user-friendly. Mega-high spec's are all find & dandy but this does feel like an all-round phone, and where I may not have 300 apps at my disposal that make fart-noises, I also see the day out with it being usable and not needing a plug socket.
    Carl Estes and anon(5881519) like this.
    03-18-14 10:44 AM
    I know what you mean. My Z30 feels like a completely different device than my Z10. It rivals my old 9900 as the best build quality for a BlackBerry.
    03-18-14 10:53 AM
    This handset really shines........

Yeppers, I moved from a 9850 Torch and 2 PBs, to the Z30. It also replaces the Playbooks (The Z30 is what the PB should have been, instead if a selling prototype). Both PB have been resigned to Nav in the truck, and media server to audio/TV system at home.

Battery life is a G**send, the fluidity (ala Playbook) is the most user friendly interface, I don't really have much interest in sideloading, but they have "rebuilt" it's sandbox/runtime so things shoud not be such a "roll of the dice"/**** shoot.

And I already have 1 "app" that makes "fart noises"........had it since I was born.......

Enjoy the 30!!!!!

c
    Stwutter and BB_Junky like this.
    03-18-14 10:55 AM
    I've had Z10 since Feb 13, and loved it, with the one exception of the battery life, which is (at least for me) atrocious. I've banged on about it before on CB, but, being a pretty heavy user, it's not unusual for me to be out from 7am, back at 11pm and already be well into battery no. 3 (and, on one occasion, 4).

So, today I swung a good deal and ended up with a white Z30. I knew I was getting a premium feel phone, as I'd played around with one in the shop, but I really didn't expect the difference to be so vast. I really FEELS like a quality phone. The bigger screen is great, and, yes, there are sharper screens out there, but so far I've been playing around with it on and off for 4 hours - I've lost 12% battery. 12%! My Z10 would've done at least 50%, maybe much more.

More than happy thus far. It's such a shame that Blackberry didn't get their fingers out a few years ago and kept up with the Jones's. I really do believe that this handset would have been up with the S4's of this world had BB not pretty much thrown themselves off of the radar. Spec wise, it's mid-range, but battery life is amazing, the OS original and user-friendly. Mega-high spec's are all find & dandy but this does feel like an all-round phone, and where I may not have 300 apps at my disposal that make fart-noises, I also see the day out with it being usable and not needing a plug socket.
    I agree 100%, I think it would have been a much different story had the Z30 been released first at Z10 price, then Z10 few months later at a reduced Model/ Price option.
    03-18-14 11:03 AM

And I already have 1 "app" that makes "fart noises"........had it since I was born.......
    I have a 5 month old, so I don't need a third...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-18-14 11:08 AM
    I know what you mean. My Z30 feels like a completely different device than my Z10. It rivals my old 9900 as the best build quality for a BlackBerry.
    Yeah - I had the 9900. Fantastic phone, altho' I actually got more life (marginally) out of my previous Curve. But I'm splitting hairs. Both were pretty much 2 full days.
    03-18-14 11:09 AM
    I agree 100%, I think it would have been a much different story had the Z30 been released first at Z10 price, then Z10 few months later at a reduced Model/ Price option.
    Indeed. Having said that, I'm sure BB thought they were doing what was best at the time - but then their marketing strategy in recent times has been awful, so the Z10 never stood a chance really.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-18-14 11:11 AM
    Welcome aboard!! And that feeling of "WoW".... Never dies!!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    Stwutter likes this.
    03-18-14 09:20 PM
    Welcome and enjoy! Love my Z30

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    Stwutter likes this.
    03-18-14 09:34 PM
    I'm about a day or two away from taking the plunge. I found a Verizon store with the -3 Z30 in stock, ready for me to buy at full retail price. Now all I need to do is locate my mint condition, seldom used Windows Phone to trade in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    Stwutter likes this.
    03-30-14 09:25 PM
    Just got mine too! Had the Z10 since launch until the Q10 launched and have been using both.

As soon as BlackBerry sold the Z30 directly, I bought it and it came yesterday. I agree with OP, it feels so premium. The Q10 does too. I think since the Z30 is bigger it just stands out more as feeling high end. Its weight adds to this. It doesn't feel light like the Z10 or iPhone do. I like my phones to be a little weighty. I put a case on my Z30 immediately after getting it, but the back of my black Z30 is really nice. It's the same as the Q10, which I love.

I'm really happy I got this phone, especially since we don't know when BlackBerry is ever putting out a new flagship, as all signs point to them doing mostly QWERTY (which I'll get too). It's been a year since I got the Z10, and it's the reason I have faith in virtual keyboards.

I love my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Stwutter likes this.
    03-31-14 12:34 AM
    I put a case on my Z30 immediately after getting it, but the back of my black Z30 is really nice. It's the same as the Q10, which I love.

Posted via CB10
    This is my ONLY quibble with my Z30 - I got a white one. It's my first ever white phone, and the back doesn't have the (or doesn't show, at least) the nice carbon effect weave of the Black Z30 or Q10.

Minor details tho' - the white one was the one on offer!
    04-01-14 05:20 AM