I love my z30,, its been my best BB phone to date. I am seriously considering getting the Passport because I love the look and idea of a professional mobile device. The reason that I have not switched yet is because I am a holster guy and haven't found a new holster that fits perfectly with passport and the other is I liked the 16x9 format for watching movies on z30 landscape. Other than that everything that the passport offers gets me excited.

Anyone one who switched from Z30 to passport, please provide the good, the bad and honest feedback. If the rumours for the z50 are true, this would be my ultimate phone..
    10-12-14 09:15 AM
    The short version from going from a Z30 to the Passport...
    Faster, smoother, efficient and more powerful all around. Runs Androids as if they are native and the HUB is a monster communication tool. I must admit, I was a little skeptical to switch but glad I did switch. The video play isn't as big an issue as I thought since the screen is so vibrant, makes up for the smaller rendering.
    The only frustrating part was the typing. After 7 years of soft & hard qwerty keyboards from multiple mobile platform and only having to make minor typing adjustments when moving to a new device, the passport was more challenging to get used to the first few days. By the 3rd day, I was banging the keys and swiping like a fricking boss but I also realized that I will not be as fast as I was on other devices. I love that the Passport gets the full spectrum of commets from 'wtf, it's awesome ' to 'wtf is that'. So much fun! Hope that helps!
    10-12-14 09:43 AM
    Here's my switch experience.

What's been amazing:
    The wide screen makes reading anything awesome! It's better to create documents and edit them too! The screen size makes it awesome for messaging too!
    The keyboard is just awesome with the touch feature. The alternate letters, ex, ':!? And the numbers are actually quite good when you get used to it. No problems there!
    The size of the device is not as large as what some make it out to be. Yes, it is difficult to use with one hand, but it's doable.

What's been hard:
    I'm on my 4th day on the physical keyboard and I'm still getting used to the keyboard layout. It's much wider than the Z30 keyboard and with the space bar in the middle I have to think a bit sometimes to remember where the keys are. But I'm getting used to it. I'm sure in another week, I'll be flying through!

What I miss:
    I definitely miss the 16:9 screen for watching videos. Also scrolling through images that are taken vertically. It's really great at viewing horizontally taken photos though.

In the end:
    The Passport is a workhorse, it's a messaging, content creating workhorse. I would say 90% of what I do on my phone, the Passport does incredibly well! The other 10% is just videos and images.
    I would totally make the switch again. I think BlackBerry is onto something with this wide screen!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:37 AM
    Nice one. Here in my place (Malaysia), the Passport sold out before I can bought it. I don't expect it..but it happened. I really like the golden trim finishing though.

Transmitted from my ? Z30
    10-12-14 10:38 AM
    I like using a holster. Albeit, I wonder if BlackBerry will ever make one. With the width of the Passport, I might be a little cumbersome on the hip.

Just my opinion, I've not actually even held a Passport as of yet.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 01:12 PM
    Loved my Z30 but the Passport to me is a lot better. The wide screen make 95% of what I do with my phone easier. I can't go back to a Z30 after having the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 01:19 PM
    Thank you all for their feedback, I will pickup a passport once I can get a good deal on it unlocked.
    10-13-14 06:58 AM
    Hi guys

I'm currently considering moving from the z30 to the passport.
    Main areas that I'm unsure of are:
    1. Single handed use? Is it to big for this?
    2. Going from the all touch back to a physical keyboard i.e do you still get flick up the words etc?
    3. Squareness? Like will it fit into a suit pocket? It certainly won't fit into the inside bottom left of a suit jacket.

So if anyone can help with the above or post their comments it may assist me making my mind up...

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:30 AM
    I got the Passport but kept the Z30.

Thing is, during the week the Passport ist the ideal companion with a lot of messages. On weekends however I think the Z30 ist the better device as it fits better in my jeans and - don't know why - reminds me more of free time. I am not likely to sell my Z. Still a phantastic device!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:53 AM
    I switched over from Z30 to Passport. My observations as below :
    Square screen fits extremely well. Easy to view any files.
    Keyboard initially was little tough but now it suits me.
    Blend is amazing. Can send SMS from the desktop.
    Very much comfortable. Wherever I go my Passport gets noticed my people easily.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-14-14 11:16 AM
    ...and it fits comfortable in your trousers or jeans pocket?

I switched over from Z30 to Passport. My observations as below :
    Square screen fits extremely well. Easy to view any files.
    Keyboard initially was little tough but now it suits me.
    Blend is amazing. Can send SMS from the desktop.
    Very much comfortable. Wherever I go my Passport gets noticed my people easily.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-14-14 09:11 PM
    It fits in my pant pockets, but I don't wear skinny pants.

Posted via CB10
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    10-15-14 07:50 PM
    I got the passport (outright from telus) and I had it for exactly 4 weeks. I sold it today out of the blue for only $50 less than what I bought it for, and now Im planning on buying another brand new z30. Its a little weird but for some reason, I keep going back to the Z30!! Ive tried to give it up about three times, once for the htc one m8, once for the Samsung galaxy alpha, and now going back from the passport. The passport was one amazing device, super snappy, and very high quality in my opinion. I didn't really have any issues with it other than minor bugs here and there but I think my biggest issue was just the size and weight of it. It was fairly heavy and hard to use when laying down. Other then that, I loved it. Would I buy it again? Probably not.

But to any one looking to grab a passport, give it a shot! It never hurts to try and worst case scenario you don't like it, then resell it! If not you'll absolutely love it!
    10-19-14 08:06 PM