If I had to take a guess, maybe you use another app which uses recording (anything that responds to sound), and happens to name the temporary file bg.amr as well (seems like a generic name). Maybe a phone call recording app, a voice note app or somethin alike. All I know for sure is it would be an app that has the "shared files" permission.
    yeah most likely... not cool but at least you can delete it
    01-18-14 01:10 AM
    From this thread, I found something weird.
    My camera picture file is in Device/camera
    But I can find the same pictures in Device/misc/android/DCIM/Camera
    Wtf! The only Android app I sideloaded is Line Messenger which I rarely use nowadays.
    You no worry! This is hard linked because Android apps need a special folder system. Files aren't twice on your phone. The folders just doesn't show that they are just links to the original folders which lay in Device/. It's done by purpose.
    PatrickMJS and RedFoxOne like this.
    01-18-14 02:27 AM
    Seems to me that SayIt does not time out when the mute button is pressed. AS soon the mute button is pressed it starts recording, If the command is not loud and you don't press the mute button after a command it will continue recording.
    01-18-14 03:26 AM
    I have the latest version of Sayit installed on my Z10 and there is no bg.amr file on my device.

I like to use Sayit occasionally but mostly I just use the built-in Voice Dictation feature when I press and hold the period button on the virtual keyboard.

There's also the built-in Voice Command feature when you press and hold the play/pause button (middle button on the side). Sayit added a new feature in the latest version that allows it to operate in "headless" mode. If you activate this option, (I believe it is off by default), Sayit is supposed to be activated when you press and hold the play/pause button.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 09:42 AM
    Possibly, but mine recorded at 4:13AM... when I'm sleeping.
    Maybe it's creating and logging the file under some different (default) time zone?
    01-18-14 10:18 AM
    From this thread, I found something weird.
    My camera picture file is in Device/camera
    But I can find the same pictures in Device/misc/android/DCIM/Camera
    Wtf! The only Android app I sideloaded is Line Messenger which I rarely use nowadays.
    You no worry! This is hard linked because Android apps need a special folder system. Files aren't twice on your phone. The folders just doesn't show that they are just links to the original folders which lay in Device/. It's done by purpose.
    Truth. The android runtime is not given direct access to user and system files on BB10; when you load an Android app and give it permissions to access files on your device, BB10 "copies" your data to the /misc/Android folder so that the runtime can access it. The runtime is sandboxed and can't touch the original data. You can delete a file or contact with an Android app and it will disappear from the /misc/Android/ folder, but not from your BB10 or SDcard root/default folder system.

Just for fun, you can see on your device that it takes up X amount of space, same as the corresponding device folder. But if you use your PC to view files, it's not the same size.

I have the latest version of Sayit installed on my Z10 and there is no bg.amr file on my device.

I like to use Sayit occasionally but mostly I just use the built-in Voice Dictation feature when I press and hold the period button on the virtual keyboard.

There's also the built-in Voice Command feature when you press and hold the play/pause button (middle button on the side). Sayit added a new feature in the latest version that allows it to operate in "headless" mode. If you activate this option, (I believe it is off by default), Sayit is supposed to be activated when you press and hold the play/pause button.

Posted via CB10
    Press and hold activates built-in Voice Command, tap to activate SayIt.
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    01-18-14 10:42 AM
    Truth...

Press and hold activates built-in Voice Command, tap to activate SayIt.
    Yes... my point exactly... it creates another "think point", in an OS that already has way too many think-points. Just sayin'.

How about... whether you tap it or press and hold it, the device listens and hands over the voice input to whichever app is appropriate... how about that?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 12:02 PM
    Yes... my point exactly... it creates another "think point", in an OS that already has way too many think-points. Just sayin'.

How about... whether you tap it or press and hold it, the device listens and hands over the voice input to whichever app is appropriate... how about that?

Posted via CB10
    Not BlackBerry's fault that SayIt creates a think point.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 12:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    And how is it the OS's fault that a 3rd party developer decided to use a button already in use for its own built-in voice command routine? Here's an idea: shut one of them off if it "creates too much of a think-point" to use both.
    01-18-14 02:40 PM
    what's a think point? the antivirus?
    01-18-14 04:11 PM
    what's a think point? the antivirus?
    That's what they're calling something on BB10 at least where you have to stop and think before using something on your device resulting in time-critical delay. In this case it's claimed you'd need to stop and think about which button action will get you Voice Command or SayIt, resulting in a paralyzing effect, losing precious time while you process how your device works all over again instead of just simply commiting it to memory and using whichever you want.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-18-14 04:34 PM
    That's what they're calling something on BB10 at least where you have to stop and think before using something on your device resulting in time-critical delay. In this case it's claimed you'd need to stop and think about which button action will get you Voice Command or SayIt, resulting in a paralyzing effect, losing precious time while you process how your device works all over again instead of just simply commiting it to memory and using whichever you want.
    there's got to be a more legit terminology to use for this
    01-18-14 05:28 PM
    there's got to be a more legit terminology to use for this
    How about calling it a "WTF Moment"... like when you wake up in the morning and go to the Hub to look at messages but the Hub is still at the point you were at when you last looked at the Hub. Grrrr.... I get why I want the Hub to stay put for a few minutes while I'm doing other things outside the hub... but for goodness sake, why not have a time like 5 minutes or 30 minutes then the next time you go to the hub, it goes to the top level of the hub.

Posted via CB10
    extisis and pantlesspenguin like this.
    01-18-14 05:43 PM
    How about calling it a "WTF Moment"... like when you wake up in the morning and go to the Hub to look at messages but the Hub is still at the point you were at when you last looked at the Hub. Grrrr.... I get why I want the Hub to stay put for a few minutes while I'm doing other things outside the hub... but for goodness sake, why not have a time like 5 minutes or 30 minutes then the next time you go to the hub, it goes to the top level of the hub.

Posted via CB10
    We are calling it a think point because that's the wording Michael Clewley used when referring to why the call screen is being changed.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 06:24 PM
    Not to worry! Obama was on the TV tonight saying that legislation would be passed so that the government would not longer spy on individuals without a warrant.
    ...And at the same time covertly created a homeland security division exempt from that law.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 06:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    i do hate that, i wish they'd fix that. it'd be such an easy fix.
    Pdinos3 and PatrickMJS like this.
    01-18-14 07:21 PM
    i do hate that, i wish they'd fix that. it'd be such an easy fix.
    You know that if you use the hub icon it takes you to the top

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    01-18-14 07:42 PM
    You know that if you use the hub icon it takes you to the top

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    didn't know that but i don't like tapping the icon... and well the mechanism is there, it'd just be nice to be able to use the gestures to get to the hub and it do the same thing as tapping the icon.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-18-14 07:49 PM
    didn't know that but i don't like tapping the icon... and well the mechanism is there, it'd just be nice to be able to use the gestures to get to the hub and it do the same thing as tapping the icon.
    In the Hub, swipe right, tap the Hub icon, automatically returns to the top. That's the closest I can give you to a true auto-refresh upon entering the Hub, which I would also like.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 10:46 PM
    I just deleted a bunch of photos from the misc/Android folder thinking it was just duplicates wasting space but it deleted it from my phone totally :/ On a positive note, I freed up a lot storage on my device

Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2074 AT&T
    01-19-14 03:06 AM
    I just deleted a bunch of photos from the misc/Android folder thinking it was just duplicates wasting space but it deleted it from my phone totally :/ On a positive note, I freed up a lot storage on my device

No, sorry, I should have clarified - the reason there's a difference in size is because they're shortcuts or symlinks to the real files on your device. If you use the BB10 file manager to delete from /misc/Android, you'll be losing some files in a rather permanent way. If you use asideloaded Android app, or one installed by apk, this shouldn't happen; by design it will only delete from the runtime without affecting your files in the root folder. If you use something like Ghost Commander from BlackBerry World, it will have access to all files even though it's an Android app, even if launched by an Android launcher.
    01-19-14 04:14 AM
    No worries, I didn't delete any pictures from my camera folder. They were mostly screen shots of inspirational quotes and stuff I've accumulated. When I start again I can file them better and be more organized. Plus I was down to 2GB left of storage on my device and was trying to delete stuff anyway. This way was a lot faster and I can start anew, and this time I'll make sure to save those photos to my memory card and not the device

extisis and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    01-19-14 11:25 AM
72 123