Anyone having trouble sending messages from both the Facebook app and from the Hub? I can receive messages but sending them fails every time.
    03-12-14 10:59 PM
    i've had this problem since 10.2 leaked. ever since then it's been very touchy. i can usually not be able to send through the app, but usually through the hub. but it fails often through the hub. i have to exit, and re-write the message because clicking on the red (!) symbol does not work in re-sending the message. i hate facebook, but the only reason i use it is to write to family and friends... and this is the problem i've had since. on a brighter note it has been happening a lot less since 10.2.1 but there's one thing that's never worked- and that's sending a photo through the hub or even through the app. never works for me. i have to use the web app of facebook. not impressed with the app. i think i'll download the android version and see how much better it works... although no hub integration will be inconvenient.
    03-13-14 01:02 AM
    Yup, same problem all day. Not sure if it has to do with the app or Facebook itself, as a the last time I used it (early this week) messages were being sent with no problem, both from the app and Hub. Any thoughts?

Posted with my awesome Q10!
    03-13-14 02:14 AM
    Facebook messaging is a frustrating experience on BB10. This happens to me, sometimes it'll just say sending forever and nothing ever happens. I have resorted to using facebook messenger for android as it is reliable; sends instantly. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling facebook for bb10 but still, it does not solve the problem. Sometimes I won't receive any facebook messages at all until I restart the phone.
    extisis likes this.
    03-13-14 02:37 AM
    I just had to delete and add my account again. I think this was caused by me removing all recognized browsers from the security section. All good now. Never had a problem with it before. Not sure what you guys' problems are.
    03-13-14 07:22 AM
    Same problem here, can only message people through blackberry hub
    03-13-14 09:12 AM
    I have this issue previously. Recently I also had an issue with the 10.2.1.537 release. It didnt load properly and I had madd issues on top of this one. I ended up backing up everything and factory resetting my phone (This seems to never get old with ALL my blackberries Storm, 9700, 9900). After that everything worked normally. But all of a sudden yesterday Facebook would not send messages again...
    03-13-14 02:48 PM
    RIM seriously need to pull their fingers out, now the hubs not sending messages, I refuse to refresh (factory reset) my device ive got it the way I want it and not willing to spend hours reconfigure it lool

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 03:05 PM
    Guys this is not much of a solution but its something im doing until a new facebook update comes along, today the hub and native facebook app have not sending pictures or messages, so ive installed the android facebook app and thats working just fine, bit slower but better than nothing, hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 06:20 PM
    Same problem with send message on Facebook App for BB 10 or by the hub. .

( with z10 )

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:59 PM
    Had the same problem previously with just one of my facebook contacts, now, all of the sudden I can't send messages to anybody. What I managed to observe is that if I open the facebook app, turn the chat on and then minimize the app, the message is sent instantly. I guess something went wrong and I can't figure out what, because last week I had only one contact that I couldn't message and that was manageable. I hope there's an update on the way because it's annoying as hell.
    03-14-14 05:27 AM
    I can't say for sure if there is much to this or not it seems to work for me. Try hitting the send button from the keyboard and not the one within the actual Facebook app. Worked yesterday and again today so maybe there is some consistency in it

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 06:01 AM
    Nope... everything failing now. Hopefully BlackBerry is aware of this and a fix on the way.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 07:03 AM
    It's like none of you even read my response. This isn't BlackBerry's fault. I removed my Z30 from the safe list of browsers by accident and that's what stopped it from working. Deleting and adding the account again fixed it. It works flawlessly. You're all either trolls trying to make BlackBerry look bad or you have no clue how to use your phone.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-14-14 07:22 AM
    It's like none of you even read my response. This isn't BlackBerry's fault. I removed my Z30 from the safe list of browsers by accident and that's what stopped it from working. Deleting and adding the account again fixed it. It works flawlessly. You're all either trolls trying to make BlackBerry look bad or you have no clue how to use your phone.
    Sorry, gonna do what you suggested now. Maybe the moderator should change the heading to solved.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 07:39 AM
    i do have same prob too..happened with all os..just Re-installed the app and works fine but again with same issue after days ,,
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-14-14 08:23 AM
    i do have same prob too..happened with all os..just Re-installed the app and works fine but again with same issue after days ,,
    Mine did it once after reinstall but it's not as bad I would say.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 09:11 AM
    i read it. deleting and adding was the first thing i tried last year when this was happening. didn't work. no where near flawlessly. still happens to this day. I don't see how it's not BBRY's fault. Not trying to make BBRY look bad... but they did develop this app- and it still doesn't work consistently for the only thing i use it for: messages.

here's the latest reviews for this wonderful app:
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook Messages Failing?-latest-complaints.png  
    03-14-14 12:04 PM
    The only one sounding like a troll on this thread is you. Deleting and adding the account again was the first thing most of us tried. I personally don�t have the time to browse threads and badmouth Blackberry as I have one and love it (except this annoying messaging problem). So before you go and start acting like a genius, you should first make sure you know what you're talking about. The problem is not solved so this thread should stay active. Please reply only if you have something helpful to add. Thanks
    BB_Junky and extisis like this.
    03-14-14 12:34 PM
    Not just BBRY. I'm guessing it has to do with Facebooks mobile servers. iPhone, Samsung, and Playbook have been sketch the past few days as well.

Works like a charm from Laptop and Desktop PC.

This is part of the problem with apps, mobile browsers, hell, regular computers. Most users do not understand the simple concept that the issue could be on the server or host side, and have absolutely NOTHING to do with the device.

But hey, easier to jump to conclusions and have a spazz fest than actually find out the cause of the issue.

Calm....
    03-14-14 12:41 PM
    Not just BBRY. I'm guessing it has to do with Facebooks mobile servers. iPhone, Samsung, and Playbook have been sketch the past few days as well.

Works like a charm from Laptop and Desktop PC.

This is part of the problem with apps, mobile browsers, hell, regular computers. Most users do not understand the simple concept that the issue could be on the server or host side, and have absolutely NOTHING to do with the device.

But hey, easier to jump to conclusions and have a spazz fest than actually find out the cause of the issue.

Calm....
    My friend on the Bahamas having same issues on her laptop too so this is in no way isolated. One thing that I find is working for me just a bit is to keep toggling the chat off and on. You may give that a try.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 01:55 PM
    Tried this... and no dice. Every message fails. I can update my status etc, but not send any messages.

Signed- Not a troll and someone who knows how to use my phone.
    03-14-14 04:08 PM
    If your on 10.2.1 and have snap or amazon store installed on your device go grab the android facebook app, its not the ideal solution but it works just fine where my native fb app and hub is failing

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    03-14-14 06:39 PM
    The only one sounding like a troll on this thread is you. Deleting and adding the account again was the first thing most of us tried. I personally don�t have the time to browse threads and badmouth Blackberry as I have one and love it (except this annoying messaging problem). So before you go and start acting like a genius, you should first make sure you know what you're talking about. The problem is not solved so this thread should stay active. Please reply only if you have something helpful to add. Thanks
    Don't come into my topic whining like a little B. It worked for me. It didn't work for you? Cry me a river and drown in it.
    03-15-14 02:20 AM
    Don't come into my topic whining like a little B. It worked for me. It didn't work for you? Cry me a river and drown in it.
    Buddy, I thought that solution worked for me too but it was only temporary. So no it isn't a good solution to the problem.
    03-15-14 05:38 PM
39 12