I think BB10 is underrated and the marketing underrated as well. Conquest sales take time...I wish it wasn't so, but they do. And the hard part of getting noticed and relevant again is over.
    Even if they are underrated and even underappreciated, it will only continue to stagnate sales. New devices and platform takes time, we get it. Unfortunately, BlackBerry can't assume that one day things will magically change and transforming them into the A Team, when the past/present decisions is keeping them in the F-Troop category. No, this isn't about the name of a new BlackBerry. It's not that simple.

I remember the Super Bowl ad...it was so different and strangely interesting (not thinking about BlackBerry at all for phone upgrade) ...and went into the back of my mind.
    Most thought it was a disasterous CF....still do.

I think these guys are very smart...just need a bit more time for everyone to realize it.
    There is no doubt that the intelligence is there. Which is why most are scratching their heads as to why with all that intelligence, they can't get it together.

The world and USA needs a bit more time to catch up to the excellent BB10.
    Bless your heart. Here's the problem, while others are assuming things are going to eventually get better, this same thought process has Blackberry in the situation that it is in - right now. Don't dismiss the fact that BlackBerry has (as stated) a stale image for the brand- overall, no matter how awesome we believe the Blackberries are at the moment. Also, it's less about being a negative supporter, and more of being an enlightened consumer. Nothing personal. JMO
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-03-13 at 03:10 PM.
    08-03-13 02:33 PM
    seems that there will be something between 10 and 30
    08-03-13 05:07 PM
    I have set up two major(industry leaders) product lines that were new to my area. Both were incredibly difficult to get established because of familiar national & local product lines.

These familiar lines are/were inferior...yet people were not ready to spend their $ on something they didn't know about.

This is the case for BB10...it's going to take time and word of mouth but it is just starting.

These days you have to have excellent products and excellent value and I feel BlackBerry is in a good position in this respect.

I'm not really concerned about the name of the new device though I think they should have kept all of names(at this point in the OS cycle) with the suffix 10.

Q5 should have been called K(keyboard)10 or R10 and I think A10, G10, X10 or T10 would be better than Z30.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 05:09 PM
    Z30 doesn't fit for me...

People need to remember though that the device hasn't hit the market yet and the name could still change. I think they should keep it somewhat simple so people understand:

5 = The lower end, entry model
    10 = The mid range device
    15 = The high end, workhorse

Then they would have to change the model name every year, just follow in Apple's footsteps (as is Google is doing now) you can have the Z10 (2013) and then next year it would be the Z10 (2014). It's all about creating a brand that lasts long. I'll tell ya right now, no one will remember the plethora of Lumia devices... lets not go down that route BlackBerry.
    08-03-13 08:16 PM
    im wondering what the 6th device is going to be... it couldnt be.... a tablet... could it?
    08-04-13 10:39 AM
    im wondering what the 6th device is going to be... it couldnt be.... a tablet... could it?
    Nope. Repeat after me, "there's no tablet after Playbook" and click your heals together three times, Dorothy. Then you will wake up in the real world and not some strange other planet (the one where Blackberry executives seem to reside")
    08-04-13 10:53 AM
    Z30 doesn't fit for me...

People need to remember though that the device hasn't hit the market yet and the name could still change. I think they should keep it somewhat simple so people understand:

5 = The lower end, entry model
    10 = The mid range device
    15 = The high end, workhorse

Then they would have to change the model name every year, just follow in Apple's footsteps (as is Google is doing now) you can have the Z10 (2013) and then next year it would be the Z10 (2014). It's all about creating a brand that lasts long. I'll tell ya right now, no one will remember the plethora of Lumia devices... lets not go down that route BlackBerry.
    They have found stuff in the 10.2 leak regarding demo videos that seem to indicate irrefutably it is going to be the Z30.

I agree Z15 would have been more logical and indicated it was pretty much a slightly bigger Z10. Then again, maybe they don't want people thinking that....
    08-04-13 10:55 AM
    I really hope it is not the z30

Via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    08-04-13 11:07 AM
    Even BlackBerry Z00, being the ridiculous name it is, would be better.

Exclusive, the first A-series phone will be the Z30!-zoo-02.jpg

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-04-13 11:28 AM
    It probably won't be...but I for one would like to have a tablet running BB10. And yes I do feel bad for current PlayBook owners...they should have promised to TRY to have BB10 run on current hardware.

I think the closest we'll get to a tablet this year is this upcoming 5" phone. And it just might be the perfect configuration for Mobile tablet...for a few years atleast.

This Q10 is so nice, A10 will be (if purchased) an addition not a replacement.

Peugeot 505 STI Peugeot 405 Mi16 Honda s2000...Chevrolet Corvette C7
    08-04-13 11:38 AM
    Germans have no sense for good advertisment by nature
    I wonder why Sennheiser's too damn legendary.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 02:16 PM
    So True brand is so important forget the multi numbers eg 1120, 9740,9930 etc etc
    Q5
    Q10
    QX10 large screen super Qwerty
    Z10
    X10 ie. ( A10)

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 02:35 PM
    Nope. Repeat after me, "there's no tablet after Playbook" and click your heals together three times, Dorothy. Then you will wake up in the real world and not some strange other planet (the one where Blackberry executives seem to reside")
    They live on a planet where they need to make money from hardware, so for now that would tend to count out tablets since the only real successes are apple, amazon and google and the latter two are selling their hardware near cost for other reasons.
    08-04-13 02:44 PM
    They live on a planet where they need to make money from hardware, so for now that would tend to count out tablets since the only real successes are apple, amazon and google and the latter two are selling their hardware near cost for other reasons.
    Not doing another tablet is a great call. They smoked so much shareholder cash on the last one it would be insane to go again. They are in good company: Microsoft cannot shift Surfaces and is cutting prices heavily.

The bit about another planet was more a dig about them selling mid-spec phones at top tier prices and always being late.
    08-04-13 03:12 PM
    I was just browsing the web looking for new news on Blackberry and ran into an article on the site 'mobilesyrup' about the Blackberry Z30. I was shocked, I was thinking is this for real!

"BlackBerry Z30" images and video tutorials appear in leaked OS | MobileSyrup.com
    08-04-13 09:57 PM
    anything can change at any time so stick around this could be fun.
    08-05-13 10:47 AM
    5th and 6th will be another touch phone and another QWERTY. That's my guess.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-05-13 11:11 AM
    So, regarding resolutions, I am confused. How can the Z30 have a fifth row of icons if it runs at the same resolution as the Z10?
    08-05-13 06:15 PM
    So, regarding resolutions, I am confused. How can the Z30 have a fifth row of icons if it runs at the same resolution as the Z10?
    Because the icons are a lower resolution?

08-05-13 06:26 PM
    Because the icons are a lower resolution?

Don't think that can be right, lower resolution on a bigger screen will look blocky. Also there are still 4 columns so if they want to keep the aspect ratio (height to width) the same that doesn't make sense.
    08-05-13 06:28 PM

And you wouldn't be wrong

STB100 & SQC100

Porsche is STK100.
    08-05-13 07:05 PM
    Don't think that can be right, lower resolution on a bigger screen will look blocky. Also there are still 4 columns so if they want to keep the aspect ratio (height to width) the same that doesn't make sense.
    The same way they got 3 rows of icons on the Q10 screen which has half the screen size of the Z10.

Refer to this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8937124
    08-05-13 07:08 PM
    I like the name. But I can't help but wonder if they called it a Zee30, would our Canadian friends pronounce it Zedee30?
    Great! Yet another phone the CrackBerrians will tell me that I'm mispronouncing. I had hoped for an A10 but, oh well...
    08-05-13 08:15 PM
    The same way they got 3 rows of icons on the Q10 screen which has half the screen size of the Z10.

Refer to this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8937124
    Did you see the bit I said about aspect ratio? The Q10 screen is square, the Z10 screen is a rectangle. But thanks for the reference to the post where this issue is discussed. Before that post went off topic they seemed to be thinking the extra icons meant the Z30 screen might have a higher resolution than 720.
    08-06-13 03:01 AM

I think one of these devices was a BB7 device wasn't it?
    08-06-13 03:10 AM
104 ... 2345