I think what he meant was, sounds "cool" like the Z10.
    & I'm with him on that cause this new name sounds ehh. Even Z11 would've sound better.

Posted via CB10
    Z11 actually sounds like a boring next revision of the product line.

Z30 (even if they did Z20), it would sound like a new model.

But Z30 isn't too bad. The reason I said that was because I'm in the US, we don't say Zed.
    08-02-13 08:00 PM
    I like the name. But I can't help but wonder if they called it a Zee30, would our Canadian friends pronounce it Zedee30?
    08-02-13 08:01 PM
    I prefer the name A10. Z30 is just clueless...
    08-02-13 09:08 PM
    Why 30? It has two syllables. I prefer A10 more

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    08-02-13 09:54 PM
    Forum members here are so critical of everything BlackBerry does. This site has become so negative it's almost pathetic. Who cares what the device is called? Will the name really have any influence on whether or not the phone is successful?
    Has Anyone here ever let a name determine whether or not you bought a phone?
    Some of you so called "BlackBerry supporters" need to get a life. BlackBerry is my weapon of choice. The name of a device means nothing to me. I'm buying this phone the very day it hits T-Mobile - regardless of its name!

Go BlackBerry!

Posted one-handed via BlackBerry Z10
    08-02-13 09:56 PM
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the logic behind their naming scheme. So you have the Z10 and the Q10 - Z's are full-touch, Q's are QWERTY. They're running BlackBerry 10, so 10 is a good start. Okay. Then you have the Q5 - 5 less than the Q10 because it's a lower-end device. Alright, a little weird but still logical. Now you have the Z30 - 20 greater because it's larger than the Z10 and possibly positioned as more high-end. Okay, but why 20? You started by going by 5's, suddenly we're going by 20's. I don't really care per se, but I am curious to know the reasoning behind it.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-02-13 10:10 PM
    Forum members here are so critical of everything BlackBerry does. This site has become so negative it's almost pathetic. Who cares what the device is called? Will the name really have any influence on whether or not the phone is successful?
    Has Anyone here ever let a name determine whether or not you bought a phone?
    Some of you so called "BlackBerry supporters" need to get a life. BlackBerry is my weapon of choice. The name of a device means nothing to me. I'm buying this phone the very day it hits T-Mobile - regardless of its name!

Go BlackBerry!

Pronounce "Aye-Foam-Five"
    Pronounce "Sam-sung-Gal-Lax-see-***-For"
    Pronounce "Zee-ten"
    Pronounce "Zee-thir-ty"

See how non-catchy Z30 is? I don't care how long the name is, but it seriously is a downgrade from A10.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    phuoc likes this.
    08-02-13 10:20 PM
    Glad it's not A10 because it's no grade A device
    anon(4044683) and tryfe like this.
    08-02-13 11:15 PM
    Next Z10 will be called the Z20. So next year's (2014) Aristo will be called the Z50. Then the Z10 of 2015 will be called Z40.

I'm guessing that's how they'll be doing it? No 5's in the Z line.
    No, the next z10 will be the z11.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    08-02-13 11:25 PM
    Pronounce "Aye-Foam-Five"
    Pronounce "Sam-sung-Gal-Lax-see-***-For"
    Pronounce "Zee-ten"
    Pronounce "Zee-thir-ty"

See how non-catchy Z30 is? I don't care how long the name is, but it seriously is a downgrade from A10.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    I'm afraid I don't "see how non-catchy Z30 is".

maddie1128 and Bobcat665 like this.
    08-02-13 11:29 PM
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the logic behind their naming scheme. So you have the Z10 and the Q10 - Z's are full-touch, Q's are QWERTY. They're running BlackBerry 10, so 10 is a good start. Okay. Then you have the Q5 - 5 less than the Q10 because it's a lower-end device. Alright, a little weird but still logical. Now you have the Z30 - 20 greater because it's larger than the Z10 and possibly positioned as more high-end. Okay, but why 20? You started by going by 5's, suddenly we're going by 20's. I don't really care per se, but I am curious to know the reasoning behind it.
    I guess the same reason they went from BBOS 7 to BlackBerry 10. Or is there a reasoning behind that jump?

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    08-02-13 11:35 PM
    I guess the same reason they went from BBOS 7 to BlackBerry 10. Or is there a reasoning behind that jump?

There is I believe - PlayBook OS 1 and 2 count as 8 and 9. Plus, it was originally going to be called BBX (had to be renamed due to copyright issues), and X is 10 in Roman numerals. So 10 works out quite well.

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    08-02-13 11:38 PM
    There is I believe - PlayBook OS 1 and 2 count as 8 and 9. Plus, it was originally going to be called BBX (had to be renamed due to copyright issues), and X is 10 in Roman numerals. So 10 works out quite well.

Posted via CB10
    I've actually grown to like the name BlackBerry 10. To many X's out there (ie. Moto X, OS X etc.). Makes me think of binary code with the whole 1's and 0's.

08-02-13 11:43 PM
    I'm not too excited about it either...

as much as I love their products, BlackBerry has to have one of the worst marketing teams of any of the major tech companies...

and I'm not saying that just because of this one thing, but it's just another poor decision in a long line of them... it doesn't make sense for multiple reasons though;

1 & 2) another Z-name product so soon in the market only causes confusion to people asking about the phone(s).. plus also as MedicEms said, is sure to cannibalize Z10 sales cuz why would someone go with the lower # of the same letter? when in fact, it doesn't have much diff specs than the Z10, just a diff form factor, which is why it would make more sense to go with a diff letter & same #... I actually prefer X10 to A10, cuz it's closer to the Z than the Q, being a full touch screen... am i reaching by actually using logic here or BB's marketing team not allowed to think like this? it didn't have to be X10 though, Z11 or A10 would have been just fine, or just about any other number/name that showed a speck of though put into it...

3) where to go with future names... as people said, they skipped Z20, so if they bring out a "new" Z20 after the Z30, unless people specifically have followed the product cycle, they would think the 30 is better naturally... one would hope there is no way they would actually do this, but past decisions don't give me too much confidence... or are they going to just as arbitrarily skip to Z50, then Z100 to get through this name cycle cuz they know it's ridiculous?

Whenever they do finish the letter/# series, I'm all for going back to actual device names, a la the legacy devices, and just about every other phone manufacturer's name- that doesn't have an i in front of it...

I'm not saying the name will kill this device, or BlackBerry obviously, but it doesn't do anything to help BB's stale image at a time when they could use any help they can get... I'm all for positivity and I do have hope for BB's future.. I'd really just like to figure out what they're doing in these meetings besides sleeping, if this turns out to be what they really came up with... how can we wake them up.. Kevin, somebody reach out to them and let them know this aint the one lol...
    I disagree. Keeping it in the Z series makes more sense. Having another touch device but in a different series letter would be more confusing to the public I think. This was all touch devices will be in the Z series, just the same as all qwerty keyboard devices will be in the Q series. The only other possible device that will a new letter would be a slider for obvious reasons unless they they call it a ZQ10 but I doubt that.

To me, the letters Z and Q make perfect sense. The numbers they have chosen, well that's another story. My theory is BlackBerry will probably ride this new OS for a long time. Let's say the next 10 years hypothetically. It won't stay the same. It will evolve and get better and have more additions to it but the core of this OS is herd for a long while. Now, why did they pick Z30? Some say it should be Z15 or Z20. That won't work because I belive the next gen Z10 will be the Z11 in a year let's say. So if they bring a new "Z10" every year line most smart phone makers do now then in 9 years the "Z10" will be at Z19. Then what? Z20 right?. So I think they named the A series phone the Z30 so it is far ahead of the Z10 so it has room to keep counting up one number every year and it would be using the Z15 name and maybe way down the road, the Z20 name.

Now this is just my theory as I cannot think of any other reason as to why they went with the number 30?

I could be way off......lol but I thought I would share my theory on it. Anyone think this is possible?

In the end though, it really doesn't matter what they call it because eventually people get used to everything that's named out there.

Oh, and I can't wait to get me one of these Z30's. It will be hard to put my Z10 aside but I'm liking this new device.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-03-13 12:04 AM
    At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what it's name is, but the performance it delivers.
    j21jam6 and tryfe like this.
    08-03-13 03:49 AM
    What's in a name? The model number matter's little. It still bears the Blackberry moniker with all the baggage that contains.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-03-13 05:40 AM
    Let's see what happens when the z30 gets released. If the z10 gets discontinued, then it was a replacement.
    08-03-13 05:47 AM
    Next Z10 will be called the Z20. So next year's (2014) Aristo will be called the Z50. Then the Z10 of 2015 will be called Z40.

I'm guessing that's how they'll be doing it? No 5's in the Z line.
    Veeeery optimistic to believe that BlackBerry still exists in 2015.... ;-)
    08-03-13 06:13 AM

as much as I love their products, BlackBerry has to have one of the worst marketing teams of any of the major tech companies...

and I'm not saying that just because of this one thing, but it's just another poor decision in a long line of them... it doesn't make sense for multiple reasons though;

1 & 2) another Z-name product so soon in the market only causes confusion to people asking about the phone(s).. plus also as MedicEms said, is sure to cannibalize Z10 sales cuz why would someone go with the lower # of the same letter? when in fact, it doesn't have much diff specs than the Z10, just a diff form factor, which is why it would make more sense to go with a diff letter & same #... I actually prefer X10 to A10, cuz it's closer to the Z than the Q, being a full touch screen... am i reaching by actually using logic here or BB's marketing team not allowed to think like this? it didn't have to be X10 though, Z11 or A10 would have been just fine, or just about any other number/name that showed a speck of though put into it...

3) where to go with future names... as people said, they skipped Z20, so if they bring out a "new" Z20 after the Z30, unless people specifically have followed the product cycle, they would think the 30 is better naturally... one would hope there is no way they would actually do this, but past decisions don't give me too much confidence... or are they going to just as arbitrarily skip to Z50, then Z100 to get through this name cycle cuz they know it's ridiculous?

Whenever they do finish the letter/# series, I'm all for going back to actual device names, a la the legacy devices, and just about every other phone manufacturer's name- that doesn't have an i in front of it...

I'm not saying the name will kill this device, or BlackBerry obviously, but it doesn't do anything to help BB's stale image at a time when they could use any help they can get... I'm all for positivity and I do have hope for BB's future.. I'd really just like to figure out what they're doing in these meetings besides sleeping, if this turns out to be what they really came up with... how can we wake them up.. Kevin, somebody reach out to them and let them know this aint the one lol...
    1000percent agreement...the worst marketing team ever... Its a very unfortunate dyad- T. Heins and F. Boulben... Germans have no sense for good advertisment by nature. They (but not me!) love ad-cliche like slim and blond women, which appears when the dark-haired (chubby) woman (or the awkward man) cant eliminate the layer of dirt in the kitchen... and the french origin Boulben works like he speaks english- clumsy, genteel modest, misplaced like a virgin in a cathouse... They behave like surgeons who try to open the thorax with a nail scissors.... and both fail- cause they arent slim and blond... :-)
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-03-13 06:37 AM
    Z10, Z30, wha about Z5? A lot of Zs
    08-03-13 08:06 AM
    Do BlackBerry and HTC share the same team for device names? lol
    I think the ones doing the naming at HTC are far worse with a year of HTC One ... devices with no clue of which was which being followed up by the HTC One with no suffix letters.
    08-03-13 08:20 AM

Everyone should read your post...a few times. LOL. I remember an old rock band named...."Asleep at the Wheel". that is BlackBerry based on some of the decisions. Anyway, as always, I hope it sells well for BlackBerry. I'll pass on it. Based on what I'm seeing, my other line may get an upgrade to something else.....not a bigger version of my Z. Once I find a big azz battery for my Z - I'm good.
    anon2100101 likes this.
    08-03-13 12:08 PM
    BTW.... In the moment I own a Z3 (but I want upgrade to Z4 next summer)... I prefer the older Z8, but its toooo expensive.... I mean BMW....
    The Z350 could be a Porsche-Killer, but I have any idea about the quality of Nissan... Unfortunately I have no driving license for bikes... The Z1000 by Kawasaki would be a prefered target... Did you know, that the first computer (build by Konrad Zuse in 1937) was named Z1... far away from the Intel Atom Processor Z2760.... which works (perhaps) in a Lenovo Z500.... To much Z�s... it ZUX! :-)
    Blacklatino and tryfe like this.
    08-03-13 01:03 PM
    I think BB10 is underrated and the marketing underrated as well. Conquest sales take time...I wish it wasn't so, but they do. And the hard part of getting noticed and relevant again is over.

I remember the Super Bowl ad...it was so different and strangely interesting (not thinking about BlackBerry at all for phone upgrade) ...and went into the back of my mind.

Then the Z10 ads on CNBC and Bloomberg with that song that I couldn't get out of my mind...wow so cool ?He broke the mirrors off his Cadillac...because he doesn't like it looking like he looks back? brilliant. And the ads showed features of the phone and constant motion...it's a great ad slogan ?Keep Moving?...this is the raison d'etre of Mobile and BB10 is at the forefront of doing this the best.

I think these guys are very smart...just need a bit more time for everyone to realize it.

I also like the Formula 1 sponsorship...world sport/smart sport/technical/fast/exciting.

The world and USA needs a bit more time to catch up to the excellent BB10.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-03-13 01:31 PM
    First post...won't use quotation marks in the future.

?s were quotations.

Really loving my Q10 and BB10...finding out new features/shortcuts daily.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-03-13 01:38 PM
104 12345