OK Then. Why don't you tell us how long the average person keeps a phone before trading in? You seem to indicate you know the answer. Tell us.
    If it's an iPhone about 18 months as by then the battery has died and cannot be swapped. LOL.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    07-21-13 04:21 AM
    You jus invalidated any point you ever made. If you know that little of how people use phones I suggest this isn't the conversation for you.

Posted via CB10
    From my observations, the vast majority of people trade in their phones when the contacts is up or when there is an option to upgrade to a new phone for little or no money while still under contact. What is the normal contact length? Between two and three years. If this is "little of how people use phones", then please prove me wrong. It is pretty sad to attack someones position and not provide anything to back up their own statements. Kinda like people saying "is not" in an discussion as their own rebuttal. Now you can debate the meaning of "few", but I just gave you a more defined number of how long I think people keep their phones. Two or three years a long time in the smart phone world.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-21-13 05:11 AM
    How many people actually keep their phones for a few years?
    so after you saying that and arguing that they don't keep them long...

the vast majority of people trade in their phones when the contacts is up.
    glad we now agree on the point you originally disputed lmao.
    07-21-13 06:11 AM
    y doesn't blackberry learn th A10 with a snapdragon 800 processor that 2 undertuned 1.9 Ghz were as the Samsung S4 comes with a 2.3Ghz both th devises got th same graphic card "Adreno 330" I just hope this time dey don't do the STL-100-1 to 4 stupidity man give all of us the same phone v all pay 4 it dat was 1 thing dat pissed me off I got a STL-100-1 just cos I bought the Z10 4m the middle east
    Talking abt the A10 eehhh I like my Z10 don't think ill go 4 it until I see Real Racing 3 on it. Cheers
    07-21-13 06:22 AM
    I will most likely be getting the A10! Even if it isn't a major upgrade from my Z10! I want BlackBerry to survive, and if I knew I would get good use out of the Q10 I would find a way to get it. But I can't give up the screen size. I am intrigued by the rumored quad core GPU and cannot wait to get some real info on it. I don't think I will have too much of a problem with the 5" screen as I have bigger hands. The Z10 almost feels small at times. Time will tell!

Posted From My Amazing Z10 via CB10
    07-21-13 06:48 AM
    so after you saying that and arguing that they don't keep them long...
    glad we now agree on the point you originally disputed lmao.
    How many is a few? Please tell me.
    07-21-13 09:40 AM
    y doesn't blackberry learn th A10 with a snapdragon 800 processor that 2 undertuned 1.9 Ghz were as the Samsung S4 comes with a 2.3Ghz both th devises got th same graphic card "Adreno 330" I just hope this time dey don't do the STL-100-1 to 4 stupidity man give all of us the same phone v all pay 4 it dat was 1 thing dat pissed me off I got a STL-100-1 just cos I bought the Z10 4m the middle east
    Talking abt the A10 eehhh I like my Z10 don't think ill go 4 it until I see Real Racing 3 on it. Cheers
    Frankly, I don't think Blackberry is the one that needs to learn here..
    RECOOL likes this.
    07-21-13 10:40 AM
    OK Then. Why don't you tell us how long the average person keeps a phone before trading in? You seem to indicate you know the answer. Tell us.
    3-4 years in Canada, and our carrier contracts support that.. We know that getting ourselves into debt to have the next big thing the moment it's out isn't a smart idea.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 01:19 PM
    according to Sharpe, M. (2005). "Climbing the e-waste mountain." Journal of Environmental Monitoring 7(10): 933-936. mobile phone life span in 2005 was about 11 months on a global scale. Although no 2013 reference has not been found in my quick look out, it is only logical to assume that (based on the carrier induced cycle for renovation) current rates span from 18 to 24 months globally.

Hope this helps
    07-21-13 03:05 PM
    From my observations, the vast majority of people trade in their phones when the contacts is up or when there is an option to upgrade to a new phone for little or no money while still under contact. What is the normal contact length? Between two and three years.
    If you look at surveys on this sort of stuff, the average person tends to upgrade in the 3-6 months after their previous contract has run out with contract lengths typically being 2 years for most people and in a large part this is due to carriers reminding them their contract is up because they want to get them signed up for another two year deal.

Bearing this in mind, a device coming out 9 months after the first one is intended to expand a market rather than draw in upgraders, albeit there will be some of those too.
    bigjman likes this.
    07-21-13 03:10 PM
    Not really its interesting though.As I have come to conclusion 7-9 inch tablet market will disappear in next 2 years.Thor was kind of right.

Although this could be a 1st iteration skip My Z is pretty damn good and hard to beat im enjoying it.Im picking up a Q5 to replace my ipod.If the A is not that much better than my Z Im good.I'll have to see one in hand naturally.The Quadcore gpu is of interest kind of seems like a psuedo 1080 trick.Its definitely a screen booster tactic it looked freakishly radiant in the vid like comic book radio active.
    07-22-13 08:36 AM
    3-4 years in Canada, and our carrier contracts support that.. We know that getting ourselves into debt to have the next big thing the moment it's out isn't a smart idea.

Posted via CB10
    Americans replace their cell phones every 2 years, Finns ? every six, a study claims

I found this old article.

Excited for the BlackBerry Z30!!!-handset-replacement-cycle-1.jpg
    07-22-13 09:30 AM
    FFS, leave this thread to die, people, you are only feeding some attention-hungry clowns citing some surreal 3 years old crap data to support his twisted pro-BB world view.
    07-22-13 11:26 AM
    FFS, leave this thread to die, people, you are only feeding some attention-hungry clowns citing some surreal 3 years old crap data to support his twisted pro-BB world view.
    Do you want it to die as it provides actual data that doesn't agree with you? How about newer data? This came out on Friday.

Korea's mobile phone replacement rate highest among major OECD countries-The Korea Herald

28% of South Koreans replace their phone every year, 27% of Britons, 23.4% of Germans. 18.1% of the major OECD. That is almost one out of every five replace their phone EVERY year. That is higher than I expected.

I find it funny that you are slamming people for being pro-BB when this is a pro BB website. Unless you don't think this is Crackberry.com.
    07-22-13 12:35 PM
    Do you want it to die as it provides actual data that doesn't agree with you? How about newer data? This came out on Friday.

Korea's mobile phone replacement rate highest among major OECD countries-The Korea Herald

28% of South Koreans replace their phone every year, 27% of Britons, 23.4% of Germans. 18.1% of the major OECD. That is almost one out of every five replace their phone EVERY year. That is higher than I expected.

I find it funny that you are slamming people for being pro-BB when this is a pro BB website. Unless you don't think this is Crackberry.com.
    Big difference in being a fan to illictating a e-fight with virtually every member on this thread.

You must seek attention, then again your name is "Bluenoser." I think you just misspelled it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-22-13 02:33 PM
    Big difference in being a fan to illictating a e-fight with virtually every member on this thread.

You must seek attention, then again your name is "Bluenoser." I think you just misspelled it.

So is what I am posting wrong?
    07-22-13 02:42 PM
    Yeah, when you seek nothing but attention in defense of you always being right..... It's wrong.... Then again egomaniac's are everywhere.

07-22-13 03:21 PM
    Yeah, when you seek nothing but attention in defense of you always being right..... It's wrong.... Then again egomaniac's are everywhere.

So is the data wrong? I find too many people make statements and have nothing to back up their statements. When I post something to backup my position, you call it wrong. What is is called when you ignore right data or you make statements and don't have anything to back them up?

I don't usually post until I have checked sources and feel confident in my statement. You somehow call that getting attention.
    07-22-13 03:29 PM
    So is the data wrong? I find too many people make statements and have nothing to back up their statements. When I post something to backup my position, you call it wrong. What is is called when you ignore right data or you make statements and don't have anything to back them up?

I don't usually post until I have checked sources and feel confident in my statement. You somehow call that getting attention.
    Every post I have ever seen from you is to fulfill your eccentric demeanor.

I honestly think you enjoy it. No matter how many people call you on it, your right and everyone else is wrong. Got to love it.

07-22-13 03:33 PM
    Every post I have ever seen from you is to fulfill your eccentric demeanor.

I honestly think you enjoy it. No matter how many people call you on it, your right and everyone else is wrong. Got to love it.

Is the data wrong? I defend my position with documents. More than I can say for others. And the people who call me out are the ones who either don't like my position, yet don't do anything to back up their position or they don't like to be corrected or challenged.

You can challenge me all you want and provide documentation that makes me wrong. I will accept that. But if you don't have anything you provide other than name calling and character assassination, then maybe you should refrain from posting.
    07-22-13 03:38 PM
    I played around with two of my friends S4's last week at the same time. Nice phone for sure, but this is what struck me as strange. Both phones at times lagged considerably. I asked them if this is usual? One said yes and the other got offended and said don't all phones lag a bit at times? I said that I had my Z10 for months and never once had this problem. Of course they didn't believe me. So, I decided to open 8 apps. (four of them games) After 10 minutes of me demonstrating how I could switch back and forth between every app at lightening speed without one hiccup, they were convinced and amazed. I guess my point of this post is to say specs are overrated. It may look good on paper, but may not in actual reality. Also, if the Z10 performs this well with its on board specs, emagine how the bb10 operating system will perform on the A10. We may just have a power house on on our hands! Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 07-23-13 at 11:05 AM.
    07-22-13 03:55 PM
    Is the data wrong? I defend my position with documents. More than I can say for others. And the people who call me out are the ones who either don't like my position, yet don't do anything to back up their position or they don't like to be corrected or challenged.

You can challenge me all you want and provide documentation that makes me wrong. I will accept that. But if you don't have anything you provide other than name calling and character assassination, then maybe you should refrain from posting.
    99% of your posts are nothing more than your opinion, same as most as everyone else. You just like to play keyboard commando to try and prove how right you are.

I don't care about data, more so calling out your weak character. I call it weak as it is evident as the day is a day and a night is a night....

Keep on with your bad self.

07-22-13 04:54 PM
    I played around with two of my friends S4's yesterday at the same time. Nice phone for sure, but this is what stuck me as strange. Both phones at times lagged considerably. I asked them if this is usual? One said yes and the other got offended and said don't all phones lag a bit at times? I said that I had my Z10 for months and never once had this problem. Of course they didn't believe me. So, I decided to open 8 apps. (four of them games) After 10 minutes of me demonstrating how I could switch back and forth between every app at lightening speed with not one hiccup, they were convinced and amazed. I guess my point of this post is to say specs are overrated. It may look good on paper, but may not in actual reality. Also, if the Z10 performs this well with its on board specs, emagine how the bb10 operating system will perform on the A10. We may just have a power house on on our hands! Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    It's stuff like this that keeps dragging me back to Blackberry... I know how great BB10 is, but I really need a new phone. I had my eyes on a white Z10 since the beginning. Then I found out it wasn't coming to Sprint. That was a huge blow. I didn't want the Q10, which doesn't really matter since Sprint hasn't and probably won't ever release it. The A10 is way too big for me. If I wait for next Z series phone, it'll have been 4 years since I've had an upgrade...

To hell with it all, I'm getting an HTC One in two weeks. We'll see how Blackberry is fairing in the US by then.
    xBURK likes this.
    07-22-13 05:29 PM
    It's stuff like this that keeps dragging me back to Blackberry... I know how great BB10 is, but I really need a new phone. I had my eyes on a white Z10 since the beginning. Then I found out it wasn't coming to Sprint. That was a huge blow. I didn't want the Q10, which doesn't really matter since Sprint hasn't and probably won't ever release it. The A10 is way too big for me. If I wait for next Z series phone, it'll have been 4 years since I've had an upgrade...

To hell with it all, I'm getting an HTC One in two weeks. We'll see how Blackberry is fairing in the US by then.
    Ya, that really sucks. I don't blame carriers for being worried about bringing new BlackBerry's on board. It's a shame though. Once you get the Z10 into your hands for a week, it's really hard to imagine using anything else. Mabey in four years they will have had a great marketing campaign (doubt it) and word of mouth will make it impossible for carriers not to carry every model.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 07-22-13 at 07:16 PM.
    07-22-13 06:10 PM
    99% of your posts are nothing more than your opinion, same as most as everyone else. You just like to play keyboard commando to try and prove how right you are.

I don't care about data, more so calling out your weak character. I call it weak as it is evident as the day is a day and a night is a night....

Keep on with your bad self.

OK. Attack the messenger. It is clear you don't care about the message. Don't even want to check out the data. Very sad.
    07-22-13 08:51 PM
210 ... 6789